Win Alliance Break / Away AI

Synchronized-turns strategy. Calling all teamers.
Cu3e
Luxer

Win Alliance Break / Away AI

Post by Cu3e » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:07 am

So, I have two thought that maybe could be added to the game some time.

1) On team game, after winning would be fun to se the alliance break and finish between themselves.
- It would mean some backstabbing while team vs team is still active, because you want to keep at same level with your allies, not let them get too strong
- I have played WW2 scenario so many times and just would love to see the game to the end. Like if germany loses have US, UK and Russia fight it out etc..
- I understand this would need some AI tweaks.

2) On online game, let player choose the away AI in case they know they really cannot join and make a move but want to get back in game later
- Holdem, Grabby, etc. do not make huge mistakes, right? :)

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Re: Win Alliance Break / Away AI

Post by SnyperEye » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm sure this would almost hard to accomplish with the current state of the game, As many as I have personally played I have never seen an ending that would merit a equal opportunity to the remaining alliances...mainly because toward the end game some alliances may not be in possession of a factory. However the main reason why it can't happen is because alliances have capabilities of being on the same land, once the enemy is defeated, what happens once the alliance turn on each other and both alliance have troops on the same land....this is why this idea would not work

Cu3e
Luxer

Re: Win Alliance Break / Away AI

Post by Cu3e » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:58 am

SnyperEye wrote:I'm sure this would almost hard to accomplish with the current state of the game, As many as I have personally played I have never seen an ending that would merit a equal opportunity to the remaining alliances...mainly because toward the end game some alliances may not be in possession of a factory. However the main reason why it can't happen is because alliances have capabilities of being on the same land, once the enemy is defeated, what happens once the alliance turn on each other and both alliance have troops on the same land....this is why this idea would not work
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

First, I was thinking AI game when writing this.

1) I have feeling the AI has some kind of aggression parameter? I have played the WW2 map with Japan and had kinda a non-agression pact with Russia (depending on AI) where I don't add forces to border, they do not either. If there is no such parameter nice job of making me think there was :D

So sometime when the win is clear, I stop helping the Germany (as Japan example) and prepare building my strategy to the final battle instead. I may open a passage for enemy to take territories that help me gain more gain etc and cause problems. With online game this would probably be frustrating :D

2 ) Have you played CIV4 lately? :D your units just magically teleport to closest friendly territory.

Yea, I know it was a weird idea and probably not suitable for this game. But something I had been thinking about playing the same map over and over :D