Mafia 29: Luxtober Fright Fest Redux — Official Game Thread

The river of vanquished skulls runs forever.
Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:18 pm

abstain.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:42 pm

ok this is not working. We are losing 2 a night so we have to try something.

I change my vote to Kude. No reason except I didn't like his post and he was 2nd to post. Not much to go on but I think we have to start somewhere.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:54 pm

While I thought Kude's post was a little bit suspicous, he certainly wasn't caught red-handed.

But, I wouldn't vote djdee out either......

(I'm sticking with abstain)

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Well, we don't learn anything if we don't vote for someone.

Kude, any comment?

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:29 pm

RandomGuy wrote:Well, we don't learn anything if we don't vote for someone.

Kude, any comment?
I think he was referring to the Deaths of 2 revelers...
Could be wrong...

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 pm

I think he was referring to the 2 deaths but it just felt a little too sincere to me. As I said, a little flimsy I know.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:40 pm

I think quite flimsy. apparently feeling as those this game started badly is a bad thing... still not killin someone off just just for the hell of it...

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:00 pm

i am detecting a soupçon of butthurt

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:02 pm

(just a bit)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:20 pm

It is now Night Two in the Studio. kude has been taken away to the Dungeon stage set, to await his dawn date with the guillotine. Those of you with Night actions, please PM them to me by 8 p.m. EDT US on Thursday.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:02 pm

The partygoers hadn’t slept well, if at all. Some were worried about whether they’d make it through another Night. Some were Creatures of the Night, so sleep wasn’t part of their evening agenda anyway. And some were nervous about the prisoner they’d left chained up on the eerie Dungeon stage set. True, they’d voted… but guillotining kude still seemed an extreme measure to at least one faction. After a brief search, fresh razor-sharp blades for the guillotine had been located. They replaced the rusty old blade once they’d brushed the cobwebs away. At least kude wouldn’t suffer unduly as the verdict was carried out.

Or so they thought. It’s never a pretty sight to see one of the undead lose his head.

Their grisly duty done, the group was trudging away from the Dungeon stage set when they heard a blood-curdling scream. They rushed towards the sound en masse. It seemed to have come from the old screening room down the hallway. The huge padded door was ajar, but still creaked as they opened it. The eerie clip-clip-clip sound of the reel turning on the old film projector nearly drowned out the sound of the horror classic playing on screen, “The Blob”. Just that one hideous scream had been loud enough to be heard outside the room. The party laughed nervously at the false alarm. Someone even joked aloud that 3DA was the obvious choice for next to be executed…

The laughter died away when they realized the screening room wasn’t empty after all. Glistening wetly in one of the plush seats was a motionless figure covered in… goo. One of the Revelers scraped away the ooze from the top of the figure, and found a *Manimal mask. Removing the mask, the figure was revealed as a lifeless Doctor Frankenstein. The Revelers were still very much in danger..

• *Manimal was killed Night Two. Under his costume, he was revealed to be Doctor Frankenstein.
    kude was guillotined at dawn of Day Two. Under his costume, he was revealed to be a Vampire.
*******************************************[/size]

It is now Day Two in the Studio. You may discuss the events of the Night, and, if you choose, vote for a player to be sent to the Dungeon Set for execution at dawn. Day Two will end at 8 p.m. EDT (US) Friday. All votes (or formal abstentions) must be posted by this deadline.

Good luck, all...

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

*cough* Whirlplaid *cough*

Whirlplaid is a guilty fellow, that you can be sure of. I have investigated him, and he came up guilty.

So, obviously, I just revealed my role to you. I would appreciate protection from the ex-nurse (now doctor), so that we innocents can win this game properly. Cheers!

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Also, if I am wrong with my 'whirlplaid' vote (i.e. if whirlplaid turns up innocent) feel free to kill me off.

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Sorry Whirl, I gotta do it.

Vote Whirl.

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Oh yeah, and nurse don't contact anyone. The sheriff doesn't need to know who you are to be protected.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Owned wrote:Oh yeah, and nurse don't contact anyone. The sheriff doesn't need to know who you are to be protected.
This is true. Innocent people of significant importance should stay in the shadows until the time is right.

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Ok. I'll give it a Whirl.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 pm

aight, whirl it is.

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 pm

I vote for WhirlPlaid.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Whirl please

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Twirly Whirly must gooooooo

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:51 pm

There is absolutely no shred of evidence indicating that I am a bad guy. I am an innocent.

Rhye on the second say of the game is claiming that he is Professor Van Helsing. He is doing this (a bad play because if he is Professor Van Helsing) then he will be targeted for the rest of the game.

I am guessing he is really one of the bad guys and is just trying to stir the pot.
Rhye wrote:I see no reason to take a shot in the dark with our voting. 3/4 times we will only benefit the 'dark side'. Until the sheriff comes forth with information (or clues) voting someone off is pointless.
Here he is stating that he is not Professor Van Helsing but he is trying to get you all to belive NOW that he is.

DO NOT BELIEVE HIM. HE IS A BAD GUY.

I am innocent.

and I vote Rhye.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Whirlplaid

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:10 am

WhirlPlaid wrote:
Rhye on the second say of the game is claiming that he is Professor Van Helsing. He is doing this (a bad play because if he is Professor Van Helsing) then he will be targeted for the rest of the game.
Rhye wrote:I see no reason to take a shot in the dark with our voting. 3/4 times we will only benefit the 'dark side'. Until the sheriff comes forth with information (or clues) voting someone off is pointless.
Here he is stating that he is not Professor Van Helsing but he is trying to get you all to belive NOW that he is.
Notice I said until the sheriff comes forth with information. I never said that I wasn't the sheriff. Replace the words the sheriff with I. Until I come forth with information (or clues) voting someone off is pointless.

Also notice that by agreeing to have myself killed if you [whirlplaid] are innocent, who am I benefitting while the innocents have the majority?? The innocents, of course. Suppose you are innocent and I'm guilty, the innocents will have lost 1 but killed 1 as well, thus simplifying their position (like in Chess, the player with the upper-hand always agrees to trades.)

And, as one final note, using CAPS doesn't really stress your point. Nice try though, trying to put me on the defensive.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:14 am

Also, I revealed my position when I had to, when I found someone guilty. I never came forth when I found someone innocent night 1. I will benefit my innocent group while I can, and eliminating 'Mafia' daily is certainly a nice route to go down....

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:22 am

Whirl it is.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 am

I don't wanna believe it! Not the whrrrly! What a shame...

Whirl

Odelay
ooodelayheehoo!

Post by Odelay » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 am

Whirlybird it is.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 am

Look you fantastic gaming individuals, I am innocent.

I am innocent.

I am NOT a vampire. I am NOT a vampire.

I am a good guy.

Damnit. I wouldn't hurt a soul. Schroberts is right. Its not me.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:53 am

I can't believe my luck. I was deciding between Rhye and Kude who to lynch. Rhye, your post encouraging us not to vote randomly in the first round was suspect and almost got me to vote for you.

I vote Whirlplaid, Rhye would be a fool to point the finger like that if he was a vampire and so you might be a nice guy but you're not a good guy whirly.

Interestingly there was only one kill last night which probably means the 2nd set of creatures hit whoever the doctor was protecting.