GAME :: Labyrinth

Zombie Lincoln will save your Lux soul.
imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:26 am

There are lots of different solutions to that maze, or else i am misunderstanding something...
:?

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 am

n00less cluebie wrote:nope, but you may only move in the direction the arrows are facing. For example on the first intersection you can only move straight ahead, as there is no path that turns. The same holds true for the second intersection. At the third you may either go straight or turn left.

Note, you may not make any U-Turns at any point of your path....
Ah ok got the point. Then my solution i sent was wrong.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 pm

You better hope we never meet in person clubie. I'm gonna make you eat this maze.

Mumps
Disease of Lux

Post by Mumps » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm sure the Addams would love to live in the labrinyth in all it's shades of black. :P

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Heh, an Update:

Bonus Maze #1 has been solved by Mud, Milltycoon and TheWontrob, you can see the solution BELOW. That's also where I will be posting the occasional hints....

Also, it is my sad news to inform you that TheWontrob and Whirlplaid (is this really a surprise?) have reached an early demise, and must start again by using a FREE-RESTART (earned by our Bonus Maze Solvers, as well as by each of my pre-registrants (sorry mud& 3da: should you need any others, you'll have to earn it!) as soon as this Sunday comes about....)

Currently Travelling the Corridors:

<s>currently in the Abyss awaiting a restart</s>

1. Samuel99 - 1 free-restart
2. Longerhair- 1 free-restart
3. Miltycoon - restarted 1 time
4. The Silken Knot - 1 free-restart
5. Enzo1997 - 1 free-restart
6. imapickle restarted once
7. The J-Dude
8. Whirlplaid restarted once
<s>9. ShockandAwe</s> - 1 free-restart
10. kude - 1 free-restart
11. jesterme - 1 free-restart
12. schroberts - 1 free-restart
13. Llux Llama - 1 free-restart
14. Mumps - 1 free-restart
15. SunTzu - 1 free-restart
16. Engie - 1 free-restart
17. *Manimal - 1 free-restart
18. The Wontrob - restarted 1 time - 1 free-restart
19. Mud - restarted 1 time
20. 3DA

As of Thursday 11:41 PM I believe I have responded to everyone's move requests; if you feel you are awaiting my response from before this time, PLEASE PM me to remind me. I will be AFK tomorrow evening through Saturday evening for the Sabbath but will resume hosting afterwords. FYI: somewhere on the order of 200 rooms have been visited by our visitors so far. (or at least that's how many PM's I have in my box regarding Labyrinth....)

HAPPY TRAVELS!

TSK: Edited to maintain one thread rule.
Last edited by n00less cluebie on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:05 am

n00less cluebie wrote:Bonus Maze #1 has been solved:

1st: Mud
2nd: Milltycoon
3rd: The Wontrob

CLICK HERE FOR THE SOLUTION

Our 3 solvers have each earned a free restart (which Mud and Milltycoon have already availed themselves of) and Bonus Hint #1 which the rest of you will receive next Wednesday (probably along with Bonus Maze #2)

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 am

The Silken Knot wrote:
n00less cluebie wrote: Image

CLICK HERE FOR THE SOLUTION
Sorry for the poor quality drawing. Green then blue then red. I switched colors when the lines were crossing too much.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:31 am

Aww. And here I was mentally thanking my lucky stars I'm matched against Mud in Luxshoppe! Nice solving, Doughboy.

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:32 am

Tell that to the labyrinth.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am

WhirlPlaid wrote:You better hope we never meet in person clubie. I'm gonna make you eat this maze.
lol.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:12 am

imapickle wrote:
WhirlPlaid wrote:You better hope we never meet in person clubie. I'm gonna make you eat this maze.
lol.
For those who wish to see WhirlPlaid's >ahem< ALTERNATIVE solution, CLICK HERE (NSFW)

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:12 am

I hard copied the bonus maze and used pencil to try to find a solution. My desk was covered an inch thick in eraser shavings. Even with the solution, I don't think I would have got there.

WhirlPlaid envisions impending labyrinth doom.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 am

n00less cluebie wrote:
imapickle wrote:
lol.
For those who wish to see WhirlPlaid's >ahem< ALTERNATIVE solution, CLICK HERE (NSFW)
I was positive I had the solution on that attempt...

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am

funny funny whirly
:lol:

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:28 am

WhirlPlaid wrote:I hard copied the bonus maze and used pencil to try to find a solution. My desk was covered an inch thick in eraser shavings. Even with the solution, I don't think I would have got there.

WhirlPlaid envisions impending labyrinth doom.
Ooooh, then you're gonna LOVE Bonus Maze #2!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

OK, it's official. I've now received and sent over 250 PM's each way for this crazy Tourney....

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:04 pm

The labyrinth is closing for the Sabbath, and will be back open either late Saturday or Sunday (probably afternoon as I teach in the morning, and have to fit a funeral and choir rehearsal in there....)

We're BAAAAACK!...

Get Lost Again

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 am

Please remember, wandering the Labyrinth is for FUN, so you're only spoiling your own enjoyment if you look for ways outside of your own ingenuity to solve it. . . .

Plus David Bowie will beat you up

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm

LOL I have the feeling im going nowhere...

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Time for BONUS MAZE #2:

Moving from the Start to the Goal, you may only travel in the direction the arrows are pointing AND you must alternate between Green and Red arrows. You may not back up.

The first 3 solvers may be eligible for Survivor points, while ALL solvers before this Friday's deadline will receive BONUS HINT #2, which may be very helpful for those of you wandering around in circles. . . .

Solutions may be provided graphically (ideally) or for those of you technically challenged you can provide me a list of directions at each intersection (e.g. East, South-East, South etc.)

I rate this Maze as slightly easier than Bonus Maze #1, so get cracking!

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:Time for BONUS MAZE #2:

Moving from the Start to the Goal, you may only travel in the direction the arrows are pointing AND you must alternate between Green and Red arrows. You may not back up.

The first 3 solvers may be eligible for Survivor points, while ALL solvers before this Friday's deadline will receive BONUS HINT #2, which may be very helpful for those of you wandering around in circles. . . .

Solutions may be provided graphically (ideally) or for those of you technically challenged you can provide me a list of directions at each intersection (e.g. East, South-East, South etc.)

This is far harder than the first maze. Don't let him tell you otherwise.

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 pm

The Wontrob wrote:
n00less cluebie wrote:Time for BONUS MAZE #2:

This is far harder than the first maze. Don't let him tell you otherwise.
Ignore this idiot.

The Wontrob reminds all maze attemptors that if you know where the ending is the key is to go backwards.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am

Well, the batteries on my iPod are dead, and I am outta beef jerky, I need to move more quickly through the maze in hopes to catch up to imapickle, cause, well, I am famished!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Congratulations to:
1. Shroberts
2. Whirlp...wait? really? huh....Whirlplaid. /me doublechecks his records...
3. Wontrob

for solving BONUS MAZE #2!

Solution can be found here:

courtesy of the Schrobert's beautiful artwork:

CLICK HERE FOR SPOILERZ

The Bonus Hint for those who solved Bonus Maze #2 was:
Expand to view wrote:Q: Why does mazza like have to have sex upside-down with twenty nine year olds?
A: Because there are twenty of them.
And behold: Bonus Maze #3. Solve THIS one and you'll receive a set of hints designed to help out with those who've seen the Riddle Room.

Also the first 3 solvers will be entitled to bonus Survivor Points to be assigned by the great and almighty paranormal radio when he figures out how to find that 25th hour in the day. . . .

RULES FOR BONUS MAZE #3: Starting in the Top Left square numbered 3, you may move VERTICALLY OR HORIZONTALLY the exact number of squares as labelled in the square you are in. You're goal is to reach the square marked "Goal" duh. So starting in the top left corner you may either move RIGHT to the other red 3, or down to the Green 2. This may be a harder maze to show a solution so I'd either suggest labelling your path with letters A-Z where A indicates the first square and the last letter ends in the Goal, or simply send me a set of directions via text (left, down, right, right, up etc.)

Good luck and Have fun!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:24 pm

If you haven't heard a response to a PM in Labyrinth, please resend. Everybody should be up-to-date as of Saturday night 8:24 EST

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:35 pm

*Bonus Maze for those of you having trouble with professor cluebies harder puzzles.... you are welcome

*Note: No survivor points will be given for solving the maze.

THE J-Dude
Underage Luxer

Post by THE J-Dude » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:37 pm

I ALMOST had it... I (kinda) cheated...

St00PiD m0UsE g0 DiE1!1!1

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:38 am

Yes umm....thanks for that....

Meanwhile congratulations are in order for our solvers of Bonus Maze #3

The J-dude used his toothbrush to clear a path to victory
Whirlplaid came in 2nd again (and offered the graphical solution below)
and Schroberts comes in 3rd

Solution can be viewed HERE
bonus hint #3 wrote:Here are you bonus hints for when you reach the center:

1. I’ll tip my hat if the two of you can solve this.
  2. You can get into these two shoes only if you don’t go anywhere.
  3. You will find two names on the table, and they go together like doughnut and hole.
  4. You must choose between two pictures.
  5. There are no two ways you can read this sign.
  6. You can see that another two pictures demonstrate their own kind of symmetry.
[/size]
And just because I <s>hate</s> love you all, I provide you with our final Bonus Maze #4:

Yeah! Looks almost as easy as mud's maze....Well, we can't have THAT, so how about these fun rules:
  • Starting at the beginning you may NOT TURN LEFT (whether at an intersection, or in a corner) You may either go straight or right ONLY
    unless
  • If you go through the path with the red zigzag, you MAY NOW turn Left, but NO LONGER BE ABLE TO TURN RIGHT! So again, you may go straight or LEFT only!
  • each time you cross the street with the red zigzag you switch between these two modes.
  • muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Your goal is to get from Phil's House to the garage indicated by the Black Arrow!

Enjoy! :twisted:

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 pm

No solvers to Bonus Maze #4?

FINAL RESULTS OF LABYRINTH WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS PARA GETS OFF HIS $!@ and tells me what to do about Survivor Points :roll:

Guy thinks he can volunteer for 20 hours of every day for Lux and then get away without responding to my insistent PM's....

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm

I think he needs the winners (and conditions, i.e., riddle solved, etc.), so he can divvy up the points. You might post them, and add the points to the post once that's been done... or just PM him if it's a secret.

8)