GAME :: Labyrinth

Zombie Lincoln will save your Lux soul.
n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

GAME :: Labyrinth

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 pm

The Travellers:

1. Samuel99
2. Longerhair
3. Miltycoon
4. The Silken Knot
5. Enzo1997
6. imapickle
7. The J-Dude
8. Whirlplaid
9. ShockandAwe
10. kude
11. jesterme
12. schroberts
13. Llux Llama
14. Mumps
15. SunTzu
16. Engie
17. *Manimal
18. The Wontrob

Starting Tuesday October 9th:

Welcome to....
the entrance wrote:Image

The Labyrinth.
I met them at the gate though I usually wait inside. Preoccupied with their own throughts, impatient, like so many children, they didn't see who I really was. They never noticed my crown, my pain, the fire in my eyes.
Like all others they think the Maze was made for them; actually, it is the other way around. They think I am some poet who will lead them through the symbols and spaces of this Underworld. They think I will teach them lessons. They should call me Cerberus...I am the lesson.
The monstrous walls rise up and run away as far as the human eye can see, circling and dividing. Which half is the Maze?
Even I get lost. It changes - sometimes slowly, imperceptibly...sometimes suddenly. This House is not only made of stone and mortar, wood and paint; it is made of time and mystery, hope and fear. Construction never stops. I take some pride in my role as architect.
They think I will guide them to the center. Perhaps I will...
The sun was very hot.
Together we walked through the gate into...

RULES

SIGN-UPS

To run the Labyrinth, simply post your request in this thread; once the game begins, you will be private-messaged with information about the first room, and all subsequent travelling will be done via private message.

Players wishing to join after the start-date, may do so by private-messaging me with their requests.

Objective and Procedures

The Object of this Labyrinth is to reach the center room, identify the riddle hidden there, solve the riddle, and make it out of the maze alive again.

Once you have entered into the Labyrinth, you move from room-to-room by simply quoting the last PM I sent you and stating which room number you wish to move to next (showing what room you are currently in) and add the # of the room you'd like to move to. (This makes it easier for me to keep track of everyone)

I will respond to movement requests as available, so some days you may be able to get 3 or 4 moves in, and others, I may not be around to get even a single move in (e.g. on Saturdays)

After the first week of the game, if no one has solved it, I will allow any player to return to the Entrance to try again. Additionally, I may post clues as I see fit (or let you suffer alone if I'm feeling less generous ) :twisted:

Players may share information amongst themselves as they see fit....

WINNING!

Should the end of Luxtoberfest be reached with no one meeting the objective (made it to the center, identified the riddle, solved it, and made it back to the entrance/exit of the maze), then the awards will be given in the following order until we find a player who fits one of the below conditions:

1. First player to have reached the center, identified the riddle and solved it, but has not yet found a way back out of the Labyrinth

2. First player to have reached the center, identified the riddle, but NOT solved it, but reached the exit again

3. First player to have reached the center, identified the riddle, but NOT solved it, and did not reach the exit again

4. First player to have reached the center.

Should the Game be won early, I will continue to run the Labyrinth for those wishing to come in 2nd or 3rd, or simply to have fun exploring the maze, at least until the end of Luxtoberfest, or for long as I am able.
Last edited by n00less cluebie on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:07 pm

In please

Longerhair
Lux Newbie

Post by Longerhair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Count Me in!!

Milltycoon
Bagels with Lux

Post by Milltycoon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 pm

In.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh, yesss. In, please!

:D

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Sure, I am in.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:30 pm

I will give it a go.

THE J-Dude
Underage Luxer

Post by THE J-Dude » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:42 pm

In. (:

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:13 pm

I would like to play please. I have already packed a blanket, beef jerky, a few gallons of water and my iPod. Do you think my GPS will work in the maze? And a nice bonus... if I get hungry, I can always have pickle with my beef jerky.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:00 pm

In.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 pm

In

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:23 pm

I'll play, please.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Me too!

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:09 am

OY do I want to play this Labyrinth! I have found my old graph paper and character sheets. If'n I can keep from eating them as a snack before the game starts I might do ok!

in

Mumps
Disease of Lux

Post by Mumps » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:19 am

In :D

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:13 pm

I'll play

engie
Lux Dynamo

Post by engie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:56 am

I'm in!

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:30 am

in

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:11 am

MANIMAL!!!!

∞ Llux Llama Llicks manifriend ∞

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 am

You're still the prettiest beast in all of luxville, llama! of course your competition consists of kitty on catnip, or mouldy dog, but still...

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 am

(Psst. She's just trying to get your scent so she can track you in the Labyrinth. Oh, and welcome back!)

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:19 pm

*Manimal wrote:You're still the prettiest beast in all of luxville, llama! of course your competition consists of kitty on catnip, or mouldy dog, but still...
Don't forget Sasquatch or tortoise! Wait, on second thought, DO forget tortoise....and I always thought *mani was a beast! Or is that only in Classic?

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:42 pm

i'm simple cute not pretty, alas

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 pm

I will wander your halls.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:44 pm

LET THE EXPLORATION BEGIN!

Those who have per-registered have been sent a private message containing information on the first room. If you would like to join into the spelunking expedition, simply PM me with the subject "LABYRINTH" with a body of "START"

Good luck adventurers!

"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike"

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:04 pm

6 players have already begun their explorations in the first 10 minutes...

Whirlplaid is already dead! j/k

w00t!

Welcome to Mud! 19 travellers so far.

Some questions:

1. I the maze physically logical? I.e. is it a grid? Do the entrants jump around randomly, depending upon the room you chose, or are the rooms supposedly "adjacent" to one another?

There are some 1-way connections between rooms, so sometimes you may not be able to return from whence you came

2. Have you hosted this before? Is it usually "solved" in 6 hours, or usually in two weeks? Should I be rushing through this tonight?

The source material took me significantly longer than 6 hours to solve. Take your time

3. The rules only mention that you have to get to the center and answer the central riddle. Are any of the other descriptions (of the other rooms) themselves riddles? Is the artwork relevant in the different rooms?

Some of the artwork is relevant, others are simply red herrings

4. Is there some sort of logical progression that a smart logician could determine to get to the center, or are people expected to enter doors randomly?

Ehhhh....not always. Part of a good maze is the feeling of getting lost within it. In fact, wandering the maze, and appreciating the atmoshpere of the labyrinth is a good part of the fun!

LABYRINTH UPDATE!

imapickle
has reached a DEAD-END! He, along with any other travellers who reach a dead-end or get stuck in an infinite loop, my return to the starting point again on our official start date (Sunday October 14th), as well at any other times decided upon by yours truly. Keeping track of what rooms you've already visited is essential for solving. . . .

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Milltycoon, engie and Mud join the pickle in the Stygian Abyss awaiting redemption on the official start-date of our Maze.

I'm also offering a bonus restart to be used at any point for the first 3 solvers of the following Maze:

(i'd suggest using MSPaint or whatever graphical program you kids are using these days to mark the image up with the solution, and PRIVATE MESSAGING ME with your graphic with its solution.

Note: All source material will be revealed at the end of Luxtober

THE J-Dude
Underage Luxer

Post by THE J-Dude » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Erm. I assume every arrow has to be used? :?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:46 pm

nope, but you may only move in the direction the arrows are facing. For example on the first intersection you can only move straight ahead, as there is no path that turns. The same holds true for the second intersection. At the third you may either go straight or turn left.

Note, you may not make any U-Turns at any point of your path....

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 pm

ShockandAwe has come to an early demise, and so may hang out in the dark with his fellow down-on-their-luck compatriots....

Meanwhile, we have our first valid solution to Bonus Maze #1!

edited: We now have 2 correct solutions to Bonus Maze #1. Get working peoples!