the level of class in deux is so sad these days.....

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

the level of class in deux is so sad these days.....

Post by Yo Daddy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:29 pm

its amazing how low the quality players of deux have become......deux is by far better then classic in my eyes, but im forced from it because you can't find a good game anymore......i just wanted to thank the older deux players Pack, drift, soca, mani, doc, ust, ren, war/kitty, and all the greats from back in the day for showing me how much fun it is....and i'd like to think the "new breed" of power hungry asshats for ruining.....if your so grown up, show a little class........

and on a positive note i'd like to get the older deux breed togeather for some fun actual startegy games. ill host sunday after the rs if anyone is interested! thanks

Yo

nietzsche
Lux Magician

Post by nietzsche » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:59 pm

I think the answer is to get those players in a few games of deux BEFORE the rs and show the way.

I'll join too if I can as, in the wise words of KingPatrick last weekend, in Classic these days you either turtle on round 4/5 or get killed for 4 cards in round 7.

Oh, and is Daddy's the first post ever to spell deux correctly 4 times???? :D :D

Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

fgsd

Post by Yo Daddy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:18 pm

of course your invited everyone can have a chance....well mostly everyone.....and how can i rant about deux if i can't even spell it right!!!! :D

Yo

Packman
Loves his dice!

Post by Packman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Packman sighs
Packman reminisces

Ahhh the good old days.....you know, I was actually called a st00pid old schooler the other day....imagine that!

heh

Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

dfgd

Post by Yo Daddy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:25 pm

least your not as old as drift...... :lol:

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:30 pm

I can't play Deux anymore. It's very frustrating. I love Deux as well and would like to get some good games in, so let me know if you ever need a host Yo and I'll be glad to sift through the mess.

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Re: dfgd

Post by Drifter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Yo Daddy wrote:least your not as old as drift...... :lol:
Shaddup Jr.

---------------

Yes, those were fun times, and I'd be up for some old time Deux.

∞ Drifter sighs and reminisces ∞

Frost
alphabet soup

Post by Frost » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:44 pm

The funny thing is that all of you are saying that there are no more good games but its because all of don't play Duex any more so when you get on non of the people you want to play with are playing.

If you play they will come just keep playing with noobs and eventually they will give you the types of games you want its host that restrict play that make it hard for skills that progress all of your host would create quality players but they need good people to play against to play good if you all don't play then how are they going to learn.

Think about the hosts for Duex and you will understand why its not fun.

I personally love Duex twitch but can't stand regular Duex I feel like every time I play with good people I just get stuck in a marathon and well that just drives me crazy.

trinkett
lux counsellor

Post by trinkett » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:46 pm

trinkett retracts his statement .................
its called mdma.....
Last edited by trinkett on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:54 pm

I have a headache.

trinkett
lux counsellor

Post by trinkett » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:55 pm

Black Pope wrote:I have a headache.
gooood you cliquey twat.............

Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

fds

Post by Yo Daddy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:59 pm

we'll see what happens sunday won't we! :D see you there frost? you see that must be the problem cause generally the asshating noob is the host...... come on pope you know you want to play some deux!

Yo

Soca Warrior
Trini-Slux

Post by Soca Warrior » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 am

Daaaddddyyyyyy I'll drop by on Sunday as well.

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Re: the level of class in deux is so sad these days.....

Post by General K » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:16 am

Yo Daddy wrote:....deux is by far better then classic in my eyes....

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golfmannen
Lux Clown

Post by Golfmannen » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:14 am

What is Deux???

:lol:

Frost
alphabet soup

Post by Frost » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:16 am

Yo you start of a Duex host I will join and play.

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:33 am

Yo Daddy wrote:its amazing how low the quality players of deux have become......
Yo Daddy! :)

I like playing you in Deux rooms, because your comments are funny and you play well. I always know I've got a good opponent when I see your name on the list.

Here's my take on the whole 'n00b' sitch (and, being a relatively new player myself, it's hard for me to really talk about this without feeling somewhat hypocritical, but whatever):

If a player makes a boneheaded maneuver, like placing in a country your clearly trying to control, or spending all their armies to smash you - anything that is pretty certain to take you both out of the game - I find the best thing to do is say something like, "i'm not sure that was the wisest thing to do, Player X," and then wait to see what happens. Usually the bad strategy will play itself out in a crushing defeat. Then, if you're polite and easy about it, usually the other player will listen to some friendly advice from someone who's played more than they have. Sometimes, of course, they don't want to listen and that's fine, too.

Sometimes, however, I've been the victim of someone's "bad move," and they've gone on to win the game. In this instance I have to question MY judgment. Was it a bad move, or did it just go against my plan for the game?

Anyway - just my $.02. Thanks for listening. I hope to see you all soon.

Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

dfs

Post by Yo Daddy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:14 pm

3DA i enjoyed our games togeather and i have no problem with new people that are interested in learning....i have a problems with the new breed of deux players, in the fashion that they don't have any strategy....they merely target people and beat up on newer people...in my eyes those player are far worse than any noob making a poor play. that was more my anger than playing noobs i should have said asshats :D....now the newer breed of deux players with their 40% bio games and targetting have destroyed all the strategy aspect of it....:(

hope to see all you sunday, im looking forward to it and would host before but im working alot these days :( take it easy all!

Yo

supergood
Baby Mama

Post by supergood » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:41 pm

I miss duex too....there's nothing like a good deux game with good players that want to win and don't play for revenge. Don't get me wrong classic is fun and I've learned to like it a lot. Just a lot of luck with classic IMO. I would love to play a few great deux games with some players that play to win.... :D

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:56 pm

supergood wrote:I would love to play a few great deux games with some players that play to win.... :D
Bring it on, SG! :)

Seriously, though - I agree with you about Classic. Lots of the games that I've played there I've felt all came down to luck. Cash at the right time and you can pretty much run the board; go from kill to kill to kill, cash cash cash, boom, done. But there is definitely some strategy and some tactics involved that I only vaguely have a handle on. My handful of games against paranoiarodeo have taught me that he is seeing the board in a way that I am not. So, there is still plenty to learn on that front.

I think the best post I've read of late was Grozoth's in the "strategy" thread that Mike posted. It ties in perfectly with this discussion.

http://sillysoft.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9410

Hope to see you in the Deux rooms tonight, SG! Let's play some games.

supergood
Baby Mama

Post by supergood » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Bring it on, SG! :)

Hope to see you in the Deux rooms tonight, SG! Let's play some games.
It is brought! :smt071

Golgi
Luxologist

Post by Golgi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:48 pm

Yo Daddy wrote:and on a positive note i'd like to get the older deux breed togeather for some fun actual startegy games.
So,

You mean a really long marathon consisting of farming India & Central America until someone's income is so huge that they start picking off people followed by a mad dash of income busting?

Sounds like fun...

sign me up! (even though I have played way more Classic lol)

compton nick
Mostfearfuluxr

Post by compton nick » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:11 pm

i play some deux

trinkett
lux counsellor

Post by trinkett » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:36 pm

i'll play any map ................

Deuce
Hey Babe

Post by Deuce » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:25 pm

supergood wrote:I miss duex too.... :D

I miss you to supergood

cheech99
Luxer

Post by cheech99 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:48 pm

Yo, if you can get the players you mentioned to come back, I'll also come back to deux. I too remember the deux days...

Eice
Frozen One

Post by Eice » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:54 pm

3DA wrote: Here's my take on the whole 'n00b' sitch (and, being a relatively new player myself, it's hard for me to really talk about this without feeling somewhat hypocritical, but whatever)
It's NEWB you're looking for! :O

Don't call yourself a n00b unless you don't care about the rules and are a general ass to anyone and everyone! :O

Nobody cares if you're a newb that wants to learn (least not many do), but people do generally care if you're a n00b.

not that most people care about making the distinction between the two either >.>

TurnipSlaya
Dark Ages Slaya

Re: dfs

Post by TurnipSlaya » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:31 pm

Yo Daddy wrote:....now the newer breed of deux players with their 40% bio games and targetting have destroyed all the strategy aspect of it....:(

Yo
Sadly, there is no strategy in 40% bio other than asshatting! You either have a continent to start with or you are asshatted... apparent logic being; anyone with an income is a threat and therefore can be asshatted repeatedly. There is no way to block against 40% increases when after 6 rounds russia is worth almost 200. Asshatting india or central is even acceptable in this environment:(

Bio at 40% has nothing to do with skill, only who lucks out getting 5 armies in 1 country ME or USA on their first turn. Even then, these "lucky" players will be hit with by everyone else.

Not worth playing in these rooms, especially if u want to play with some strategy.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:03 am

djdee looks at his raw

OK deux bio works for some then :)

seriously though, Bio is just like any other map that isn't the standard classic, Deux, Hex or Castle. The strategy discussion suggestions work here just as well especially the "know your opponents" one.

Actually there seem to be two different types of naive players in bio some players seem to be happy to leave other players with stupid amounts of income and some just seem to enjoy asshatting and coming 5th.

And Yo it would be good to play you again it has been too long.

Yo Daddy
Raw Whore

fd

Post by Yo Daddy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:12 pm

Well thanks all for you positive posts ill be hosting closer to an hour after the reset apparently my family likes to celebrate birthdays 4 days after the fact and i don't think i can tell my mom im missing her birthday to play an internet game so....make it 9 PM est (1 hour after the reset) ill have a deux room up hope to see you all!

Yo