viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25738&p=318632&hil ... on#p318632
* Spoiler alert *
The Answer was, NO!
I would recommend buying them outside of steam. I have issues when playing games through their platform.
But w/e floats your boats or works for you...
Huh, I guess someone beat me to it 7 years ago! Dunno how you found it but I couldn't see anything with these search terms: steam version and non steam version, steam version on sillysoft net/search.php
See, nothing... The different coloured links are ones I already visited trying to look for my answer. Also I have no idea why firefox screenshots the google bar in the middle of the page...but oh well, too lazy to manually screenshot and then stitch them together as one image and not have this floating google search bar in the middle of the screenshot .
But yeah, so reading that thread topic and comments, it looks like they won't do it (although they *can*) because they can't verify the purchase on steam even though you can simply screenshot your game's catalog and show them you have the entry for the game on your account. Oh well, I guess I'll be refunding my steam copy then, since I had already purchased it on sale and was hoping that it was possible...
Well, that's kinda hard when today's games are being published on steam more and more frequently rather then through the developer's independent websites (or burnt onto a CD/DVD/Blu-ray and then installing the games, patches(although this is mostly downloaded from the internet but some still burn the patches onto disc without integrating it into the game for some reason thus mooting the point of an extra step to *update* your game..) and or expansions/DLCs like the good old days. Of course some troll you by just simply giving you the download key in a CD/DVD/Blu-ray case and you would still need to download the third party client and whole game that may be like 100GB or more after entering this key to play your game and I guess the case is just for display purposes for your collection on your rack (kinda pointless unless you just like collecting cases for their case artwork or whatever, better just buy the game direct from the third party platform and then not have the worry about space for your case) and there's also another troll where they have it all (or I should say some of it) burnt onto discs but that's only half the game, the other half you need to download via your slow ass internet connection unless you're rich enough to afford the gigabit connections, before you can play the game...) like this one....and even if they, they may just simply redirect you to the steam store page, pointlessly telling you to go over there if you want to buy the game direct from the developers...which gives steam their 30% cut and leaving 70% to the developers, so not exactly 100%...but whatever, if that's how you prefer gamers to buy your games through a third party platform like steam, origin, epic, gog, uplay, blizzard, xbox live, (and I think that's all of them; the rest I don't know or all dead) and giving them a cut of your profits for a larger audience then ok, it's your game, you sell it how you want it sold I guess.