Split RaW

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Naraku
Lux Demon

Split RaW

Post by Naraku » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Could the oh so magnificent Dustin return Luxtopia to the old ways when the RAW traveled from host to host, no matter the map?
Instead of these daft separate RAW ladders for each host that both failed and is now broken thanks to little to no players these days?
Maybe make it more interesting and competitive like it once was?

Also if it's also not asking to much maybe reactivate the MotW and leave a caretaker from the maplab in charge as well?

MotW = the & soul of old Luxtopia when you let it die you let the competitiveness of lux dwindle down to next to nothing...

Thanks for reading this humble petition to the powers that be

:llama

SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: Split RaW

Post by SecondTermMistake » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:38 pm

RAW isn't per host right now – it's just all bio is in one raw ladder, and everything else is in the other ladder.

Given how most play is bio, I kind of favor this, because it does give a chance for Classic players or others who want to play something else and measure themselves apart from Bio to still do so.

Both ladders are considered for seeding.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:22 pm

:panic: STM, Luxtopians as a whole were always able to move from host to host for years and have their collective RaW travel with them to each of the hosts.
IMHO - This made it easier to compete in the weekly rankings and have a variety of maps rather than just the bio ghetto diet of all bio all the time. There are little to no Classic players these days & Roman Empire 2 is a ghosttown compared to the once thriving Re2 community that once existed for a long time in luxtopia. Luxtopians came from every corner of the globe at one point and now it's primarily North American Asshats and a few EU players. I would rather that we have multitudes of players as there once was compared to the 25-30 weekly regulars with the occasional sighting of Beetroot or Hugo here and there. :smt009

:llama :llama :llama

SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by SecondTermMistake » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:52 pm

I hear that and wholeheartedly agree, but I'm not sure what change you're asking for and whether it would make a difference.

Currently your raw does follow you from host-to-host, with the exception that BIO raw is separated from everything-else-raw.

Are you suggesting it'd be better if they weren't separated?

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:07 pm

Well dear Old skool luxer, I'm suggesting that he revert the system to the ORIGINAL configuration where your RaW was the total for your week no matter what map you played on. It wasn't C-RaW, Bio-RaW, or R-RaW, it was just all RAW!!! You could play classic & then go to rome, then play a game of Bio and the RaW followed you into each host. It wasn't split into ladders. Change? No I am asking for reversion to the correct and most popular formulation of RaW which was when there was just 1 RaW ladder not "Explorers" or C-RaW or R-RaW or B-RaW, it was all as one RAW score. That's what I'm asking dustin to do, a complicated procedure I'm sure to revert to the Old Skool lux RaW formula. :panic: :smt077 :hmm: :smt109

SecondTermMistake
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by SecondTermMistake » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm

I hear that. I'm generally in the camp that would agree with the old structure.
But anything that takes more than a few minutes of effort probably isn't happening these days.

I'm also not sure that going back to one-raw-to-rule-them-all would actually be adventageous.... hard to say though.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:02 pm

I agree with STM.
There has been always discussions about raw systems and many people had and have justified concerns and made valid suggestions for improvement.
I appreciate your efforts. But while I 100% agree that it would be great to have some regular events (e.g. tournaments) I doubt any change of the raw system would actually change much or would bring back any players.