Lux map editor saving and opening deletes country lines

Lux maps won't make themselves.
sillysoft@noe.ca
Lux Newbie

Lux map editor saving and opening deletes country lines

Post by sillysoft@noe.ca » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Or more specifically, when I open a previously saved map the countries are there. As soon as I overlay the image file again, the countries disappear.

I am working on a fairly large map that doesn't allow for building all of the countries in one sitting, but I have already lost a few good hours of work, so am hesitant to continue until I know better what's going wrong. Any ideas anyone?

Oddly enough, I haven't encountered any similar topic heading in the first few screens on the forum here. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a search function for all topics, because I'm sure that someone else would have encountered this problem previously...

Rick James

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Re: Lux map editor saving and opening deletes country lines

Post by paranoiarodeo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:59 pm

sillysoft@noe.ca wrote:It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a search function for all topics ...
There's a search link — link — in the header of every Sillysoft webpage.

You can also use the old phpBB search function — link — if you want to focus on specific forum categories.

(Unfortunately, the standard header might not be visible if you're browsing with a phone or tablet.)

sillysoft@noe.ca
Lux Newbie

Post by sillysoft@noe.ca » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks Paranoiarodeo. I still don't seem to see a link on this forum page... but that's OK since the link you provided worked fine. I am usu=ing a desktop computer with four screens... so no shortage of real estate, just my brain function apparently.

Unfortunately, with several different iterations of search strings, absolutely no similar situations as I have briefly described above show up.

Any suggestions for this basic editing step?

Rick

sillysoft@noe.ca
Lux Newbie

Map Problem Solved!

Post by sillysoft@noe.ca » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:04 am

So, a HUGE Thanks and shout-out to ENOKRAD! He solved the problem in no time...

It turns out the map was zoomed in too much (from too tiny of a traceable drawing) that saving at that zoom had somehow corrupted the map file.

I have played every map created, and am sad to admit that ones as disjointed and complicated (meaning small and large shapes all over the place without pattern) usually only get played by me a few times until I win, and then are ignored. So, this one is fun for my first effort, but the next one will be a huge twisted hex, similar to ones that I quite enjoy playing...

Rick