Apple Stock

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
lucindajay
Lux Newbie

Re: Apple Stock

Post by lucindajay » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 am

thats cool when you think about it but where do you get apple stock????

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:12 am

Just checking in from my private yacht in the .... just kidding. I've been an Apple user since 2000 or so - and one thing I did early on was to buy an equivalent amount of stock for every apple device (computer, phone, ipad etc.) that I purchased - the idea being that if you believe in a company enough to buy their products (which for electronics are depreciating assets)- you should also consider buy their stock (hopefully appreciating asset). After buying about 5-6k of Apple stock several years ago - I had around 18k, and used that money to pay my car off. This was when AAPL was trading around the low 300s (before the 7 to 1 split). (just noticed I made a post about it above - July 2012). Worst financial decision I ever made was to sell some Apple Stock to pay off my car. However, Apple is still the single biggest investment I have in one company (mostly in my retirement - I also have a diversified group of mutual funds - but nothing I have has performed as well as AAPL - I wish I had converted all of my investments into AAPL years ago) - and with the past week or so - it's doing even better. Glad you are well Dustin.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:27 pm

I sold half my Apple stock late last year, thinking that it was getting over valued. It's doubled since then. Oops. Glad I still have a bunch.

The stock market seems totally out of touch with main st reality these days. I think the central bank is creating so much 'fake' money, and it's pushing up the stock market. Basically inflation but localized into financial assets. Not good for society, but good for stock owners :?

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:31 pm

How's that pile of 'fake' money treating you Dustin?