Luxer Bios: Introduce yourself!

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
Thunder Down Under
CLOGWOG

Post by Thunder Down Under » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Name: Jan-Willem
Place of Residence: Warragul, Victoria, Australia
Situation: Operations Manager
A little bit about myself: I am the father of three beautiful girls, 10,8 and 6. Love playing sport (more for the social aspect than the competition) and play Inline Hockey (like ice hockey but on rollerblades) for the state masters team and golf with a group of mates every week.

ratmouse
Rodentia Luxer

Post by ratmouse » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:50 am

Name: Matthew

Married to the worlds best woman with 3 spoiled daughters

I am a carpentry sub contractor and have been in the trades for 23 years and have built everything from a doghouse to a bank to a church to a large custom home

I enjoy all types of games,flying rc planes and spending time with my beautiful wife

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Name: Alan
Place of Residence: Concord, CA (East of San Francisco by 35 mins)
Situation: President of small corporation and owner of small business (ok, I am a locksmith)
A little bit about myself: I am married to a great woman (Tina), she is pregnant. We are gonna have a little boy in 34 days (11/19/09 due date). I love to play pool, poker, LUX, games in general. I snowboard, and love to wood work. I just built a 7 ply maple longboard skateboard. I love music and used to go to shows three or four times a month. I can't do shows right now because wifey is knocked up and house is torn down. Oh yeah I just knocked down 3/4 of my 1918 house and am doing a huge remodel. I LOVE LUX and most of the players

I wish you all peace and happiness.

Oh yeah, I am a hippie

Yeah, I am a hippie, so what, FUCK OFF!

Oh yeah, I am also a punk!

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Name: Peter
Place of Residence: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Situation: Got a bachelor-degree in Communication & Media. Currently working in our family business two Gyms(Health clubs) and a Swimming-school. I also own a small business in media and design. Got a girlfriend for 5 years now . I love to play tennis and play a lot of poker:).

soundboy
Sonic Turtle

Post by soundboy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Name: John Middle Name: Gerard
A lot of my friends call me Harry.
Situation: Project Admin for a Mechanical Contractor
A little about yourself: I think that I wish I was a DJ - if there was more money in it... or I should have gone to school to be a trainer or sports photographer, writer, etc. - that way my hobbies/passions could have made me money.
I graduated college with a BA in Sociology after 12 years of screwing around, changing majors, transferring schools, and running around a lacrosse field. I have a 2 dogs and a job that sometimes lets me play Lux, and pants that no longer fit me as a direct result. I'm hoping to change that - the pants, not the job.

:smt020

my wife hates me
Lux Elder

Re: Lux Bios: Get to know your fellow Luxers!

Post by my wife hates me » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:10 am

Name: Kevin
Status: Married 5 wonderful years to Bethe, 2 Kids (Monsters), Evan (4) & Braidyn (2) - 2 Cats and Seamus, the 80 pound lap dog
Situation: Owned my own business till the economy drop kicked me outta my house and back into work as a printer. Living with the inlaws till I get some of this debt paid off. Musician (guitarist), spent 18 - 22 doing coffee house gigs then 22 - 27 playing all over New England in a hardcore band. (met Bethe at one of my concerts, lol, groupies) Spend a large part of the summer camping in Rhode Island down near Long Island Sound where Dad-in-law charters a 4 man fishing boat. He takes me out fishing now and then but the only thing I've ever caught is his boat prop! Started biking to lose weight and did pretty good (lost 30 lbs) and I'm thinking about going sking this winter for the first time. Rabid BoSox fan, love football but don't really have a fave team.
Places I've Been: Up and down the East Coast, Arizona (Bethe went to NAU), California, only been once but absolutely loved it. Took a whole day and drove highway 1 up the Pac coast from Frisco to the border. I have family in Quebec but don't get up there nearly enough.
Places I Want To Go: Would love to drive through Europe someday but I'm more of a homebody and though the older I get, the more I hate winter, but I don't see myself ever leaving New England.

Sir Conga
Lucks Baby

Post by Sir Conga » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:41 am

I loved reading all of these posts. and thought I should join in.

Bart
Male
Vancouver, Canada
Single

I work as a server in two different restaurants, and love to have a puff and play lux when i have nothing better to do. I am also a musician/songwriter. I am generally a pretty zany guy who likes to have fun and party. I also love playing dominoes or tri-ominoes with friends and beers. yup

Tstering
British Luxer

Post by Tstering » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:49 am

Figured I'd do this aswell, especially as recently a lot of people have thought I am a women :D

Name: James Sargent
Status: Single sadly after 9 years of a relationship. Very weird being single!
Situation: Finance Controller for an insurance firm. Sounds boring as hell I know, but you'd be.................well correct!
A little about myself: So as mentioned above I'm single which is not something i really like, but fairly sure it won't last long. I'm also a fanatical rugby player (a real mans sport!) and I also run a rugby 7s team who tours around and we've been invited all over the world (not that we can afford to go to them yet). Love to travel and have been to the US 4 times now, been to Africa and a lot of Europe. Off to New Zealand in Jan next year aswell. That about it. Oh and to re-iterate, I'm a bloke!

Starman
Chronic HoBo

Post by Starman » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Name: Charles Dwight (Manly Light)
Location: All Over, On The Road, But I live in Lindenwold, NJ even if my Fishing License says Salvo, North Carolina and my driver's license Says Alaska, and my home of Record is Louisiana, and most my mail goes there.

Status: Divorced. Complicatedly Single. 1- Three-Year-Old son named Luke who is absolutely the best thing to happen to me in my life.

Situation: Military. Vinyl-Store Owner (Ebay of Course), and soon to be Entrepeneur in the liquor business in NC.

Places I've Been: All of North America, Ireland, Germany, Qatar, Iraq, Kuwait, Egypt, Italy. Probably missing something but thats about it.

plummy
Community Fruit

Post by plummy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Name: Aaron
Situation: Full-time college student at the University of Wisconsin
A little about yourself: My name's Aaron, trying to get active in the Lux community. I'm pretty new to Lux, so I'm only learning. Anyway, I'm currently a student at UWM, not sure what im studying yet, just trying to have some fun as of right now. In my free time I like to run, hang out with my girlfriend, and just relax.... and then there's the weekends. Well I hope to meet all of you, and look forward to being part of the community.
:D

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Name: Dan
Nickname: Mojo
Situation: Web Developer
Interesting Details:
  • I was born in Eighty Four, Pennsylvania.
  • I have Narcolepsy, I'm legally blind, and I wear hearing aids.
  • I was a whitewater kayak slalom racer when I was a kid.
  • I used to be an avid skier, at least until I had an accident that involved at least 10 different trees...
  • In high school I was a hurdler on the track team and I drank pickle juice at almost every track meet.
  • I once slept outside during a tornado in Mexico. At least they told me it was a tornado, it was probably just a strong windstorm.
  • I've never had a driver's license, yet I've driven over 500 miles.
  • I have degrees in Physics and Music, so I know how to move a piano.
  • I'm a former World Champion piano player.

GYPCOUNT
NATO

Post by GYPCOUNT » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Name: Mike
Situation: Union Carpenter, currently working at the Connoco Phillips oil refinery in Wood River Illinois (about 30 miles from my house). I am building scaffolds so other tradesmen can access the huge vessels used in the oil refinery process.
A little about myself: I have 3 beutiful daughters(Lucy 5, Clare 3, and Jenna 1). I enjoy playing poker, going to the gym, hanging out with friends, and playing games/ putting puzzles together with my daughters. I used to be very wild, but these days quite sensible( guess we all grow up). Anyway see ya on the maps!!!

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Name: Jeremy
Situation: Own my own business in the field of polysomnography (sleep disorders studies). Married 13 years with 3 kids (Girl, 10; Boy, 8; Girl, 5). I have enjoyed the Lux game and community since I joined last year. Look forward to more great games and learning the ropes.

Starman
Chronic HoBo

Post by Starman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Bring back the old post with everyone on it.

Samuel99
MOTW For Life

Post by Samuel99 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Name: Samuel Paulin
Location:Lameque,New-Breunswick Canada.(I live on one of the 2 island at the extreme NE of NB.
Status:I am with my girlfriend since a bit more then 2 years and a half
Situation: I moved out to leave in an appart with my girlfriend last April.Im a supervisor in a grocery store.I tried to at the university, it was fun and all but I was just too damn tired of studying.when im not working I try to play this game as much as possible, but my girlfriend HATE it.Im pretty much a simple guys ,I like to watch tv Sports, go to the movie or in a restaurant with my girlfriend.I go see my sister, mu nephew and neice every weeknend ,Im really close with my sister.Mygirlfriend is gonna graduate from the university this april and we plan to buy a house in like 2 or 3 years and start a family.

And for those who didnt know Im french and its funny but this game have helped me a lot with my english.

So take care every one and see you in the games.

MaW1028
Lux Hugger

Post by MaW1028 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:12 pm

MaW1028 wrote:Name: Mandy
Situation: Student
A little about yourself: Hey y'all! I've been part of lux since June of 2007. I love soccer and plan on playing for a D1 college team. I go to boarding school up in the north, but I was born and raised in the southhh! My daddy always tells me: "They way we raised you was God first, Others second, and yourself third." I try and live by that daily. I love giving hugs to people, shopping, failing tests, partying, driving, hanging with friends... the normal teenage girl stuff. I am a very open-minded person and accept everyone, but I hold firm to my morals. The lux oldies have always acted like fathers (or mothers) to me much to my dislike! Some say I'm mature, but I tend to believe I am just not irrational. If you ever wanna chat drop me a pm! :)

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Name: Matt
Status: In a wonderful relationship with one of my best friends of 3 years now
A little about me: I love plants and growing things. I was raising 10 different of species of bonsai for a while and a succulent garden with probably 40 species of plants. I am an artist trained at The Maryland Institute College of Art for printmaking. Printmaking is one of my great loves, but sadly it requires a studio and a lot of equipment to practice (a goal for the future). I've been employed as an architectural model maker for a few years now. It's an interesting job as I get to make exact replicas to scale of some pretty elaborate buildings and the environments they're placed in. Some of the models range into $500,000 to $1,000,000 and can get pretty ridiculous. with the collapse of the economy, i've had to find other work as well and have done some freelance prop production for commercial shoots.

In my spare time I've really gotten into book making. Some of the more elaborately constructed books have cost me $150 or more just on materials. I've built up quite a stock pile though and am hoping to move to Philadelphia, get a studio, and mass produce some books for retail.

Wabbit of Doom
Luxer

Post by Wabbit of Doom » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 am

Name: Laura

Age: I was born in 1971 (that way I don't have to update)

Status:Happily married to the sexiest guy I ever met. (Devils Brigade aka Wild Card aka Captain Asshat)

A little bit about me: I had bone cancer when I was 9 years old and had to have my left leg amputated high above the knee. It is not a sob story because it made me stronger, wiser, and more resilient in every way. I am scared to think of who I would be if I had 2 legs, not to mention I would probably fall down. John and I work for ourselves at home. We buy, fix and sell cars.

Through Christ's love and Gods Grace I have found the most important things in life. I don't deserve anything yet I have everything.

The_Lexx
Luxer

Post by The_Lexx » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:42 am

Name: The_Lexx or TOG if I'm really wanting to annoy people

Interesting Details: For some reason EA didn't release Battlefield Bad company 2 for the PS3 on the same day as the rest of the world got their copy. While looking a geekpron I thought about that Risk game from when I was kid and thought - hell yeah, I can play that for a week (as well as download more pron) anyway - the makers of risk don't make the game for the MAC (dickheads) so I found a trail version of Lux - played one game while looking my pron and paid to own it. I also like pron and once got into a fight with some chick who thought that black people should be slaves. She said I must have had a touch of the tar in me so I punched her.

pls
Lux Eldest

Post by pls » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Name: Paul
Age: Born two days after the end of WW II. Yeah, I'm THAT old.
Place of Residence: Topeka, KS - USA
Situation: Retired after 34 years of teaching English, journalism, and Spanish. Also was a radio DJ/newsman, newspaper editor and reporter, photographer, telemarketer (ugh), cemetery lot salesman, and others I've thankfully forgotten. Now trying to reinvent myself as a young adult novelist.

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Name: Enzo
Interesting Facts:
•In the sixth grade, I fractured my finger, a week later I cut my leg wide open. I had 11 stitches that were very far apart.
•I love music, but I am not musically talented whatsoever.
•My dad died when I was 9.

gary the cheater
Luxer

Post by gary the cheater » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Name: John
Situation: Own and operate a moving business. Looking for a larger home to house my car collection.
A little about yourself: I love cars, good food, and labrador retrievers.

1975 Ford F-350 flatbed (offroad toy)
1981 Chevrolet Camaro with a fuel injected 350 (not running yet)
2008 Ford F-250 Powerstroke (daily driver)
2010 Escape (wife's car)

Dogs are named Seamus, Boomer and Francine. They like to eat, play fetch, snuggle and hunt groundhogs.

Mumps
Disease of Lux

Post by Mumps » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:26 am

Name: Ben
A little about yourself: Never been out of Australia, done athletics for New South Wales, play football(soccer) and think it's the best game ever, love my music

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Fri May 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Name: Glen
Situation: On vacation.

A little about yourself:
Pilot, sailor, fisherman, sci/fi nut, loves ganster rap and hip hop and classic rock. Build and fly R/C airplanes. Oh and I play that Lux thing too much....

guillerme
Lux Addict

Post by guillerme » Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Name: Sergio
Status: Married with my half orange... I have 2 girls and they are my light...
Situation: Butcher, i have an store, and i know something about photograpy, and i like the chess too...I love go to fish and make fire.

bichon30
Luxer

Post by bichon30 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Name: Brieuc (like a city in France , Saint-Brieuc), i m proud of my celtic first name! and Celtic origins. my friends gave me the nickname bichon for my part friendly and philanthropist
Situation: I am osteopath, remove the joint and muscle pains people is a wonderful activity. I am a big soccer fan, GO PARIS (psg)!!card games too, much poker and bridge.
8)

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Name: mud
Situation: Emergency Medicine
Interesting Details Train hopping dharma bum, union political officer, world traveler, once lived in a tree in a county park, surfer, poker player, former search and rescue instructor, practitioner of Ayurvedic medicine.

Cruel Regulator
Lux Newbie

Post by Cruel Regulator » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Name: Jon
Situation: I am a full-time student, studying public health management and policy. I work at Dairy Queen on my days off from school. After I am done with my bachelor's degree(this year, most likely), I will be working for a minimum of two years before I move on to a master's degree. I don't know exactly what I will be doing, but it will come to me. My hobbies are keeping aquariums (freshwater tropical fish and crustaceans), playing music (piano, trumpet, and singing), playing video games, and acting in and writing videos for my friend's Youtube channel (which you should check out at https://www.youtube.com/user/JTSEntertainment). Realistically, if we ever get a serious amount of money for making videos, I would prefer to do that over public health. Any day. Also, being from Oregon, I love the outdoors; hiking, hunting, fishing, anything.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Nice bump Mr. Cruel Reg :D

Name: Mike
Situation: I am a self-employed professional (lawyer :o ), but I studied philosophy in college and philosophy has always seemed much more interesting to me. I kind of collect hobbies (jack of all trades etc. etc.), I play hockey and sometimes rugby, I play guitar and write songs sometimes, and on the back-burner I always have some kind of ambitious project which will probably make me famous. When I am not ignoring all of those fun things I am missing and miscalculating kills on an all-too-regular basis. Happy luxing folks!

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Name: Llux Llama
Species: Llamas Illuminatus
Family: Camelidae
Situation: High Propagandist of the Llustrious Order of the Lluminated Llama.
A little about yourself: HA. HA HA HA. HEE HEE HEE HA HA (hic) but seriously. All you need to know is that I am On Your SIde !
Shiny? You betcha I'm shiny. You can be shiny too. Wouldn't you like to frolic about care free, smelling the roses, eating the roses, knowing that you are protected and Lloved? Come over to Llama Headquarters some time. Read some entertaining cartoon booklets, drink some fresh mango nectar, bring the whole family stay all day! You may have so much fun that you never leave! Ha ha ha. No no, Of course you'll leave. This time, Our home is Your home. After a few meetings, your home will be our home as well. But for now, Stay Shiny, my friends!
:llama :smt049 :globe