USA Presidential Election

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.

Who should be the next pres?

Hillary Clinton
28%
Bernie Sanders
46%
Donald Trump
15%
Ted Cruz
3%
Marcio Rubio
No votes
Jeb Bush
No votes
Ben Carson
3%
John Kasich
5%

Total votes: 39

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

USA Presidential Election

Post by dustin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Vote in the poll. You can vote for 2 options.

:lincoln:

Naraku
Lux Demon

Re: USA Presidential Election

Post by Naraku » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:08 pm

You forgot to add in Michael Bloomberg as it is very likely he will launch a 3rd party bid

plus there are a handful of small 3rd party candidates on the ballot for the libertarian, green & other parties.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Someone give my boy Kasich some love!

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:01 am

Some are seriously considering TRUMP... seriously?

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:31 am

Well GK when you have many people in the rural usa who support these clowns and their idiotic ideas they tend to think they're right when in fact they're totally wrong. I understand why he is doing so well though as many, many people are very tired of the same old gridlock or insane policy choices that don't have the USA best longterm interests at heart but rather a corporate lobbyist or other ROWM in the shadows somewhere...

Just look at Flint, MI what a total disaster so that someone could save a few million dollars somewhere... :smt009

AquaRegia
Lux Ambassador

Post by AquaRegia » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:28 am

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that ONE of these people WILL be the President of the United States at this time next year.

∞ AquaRegia is scared ∞

I refuse to believe that this the best my country has to offer; instead I think that the people who'd be worth voting for are no longer willing to do what it takes to get elected... and I can't really blame them. Our system is broken.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:58 am

Noodles! You are back! Hello.

kitty on catnip
Lux Elder

Post by kitty on catnip » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:26 am

This just goes to show that internet users are generally more worldly and able to use information to come to a rational and justifiable position rather than one stewing in ignorance and xenophobia.

Feel the Bern.

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:47 pm

I have not been paying that much attention, but always thought it was vaguely cool that Trump is messing with people so much. Don't be afraid; there are checks and balances, not to mention tons of stupidity on both sides that will persist much beyond the next 8 years I'm sure. It's not hard to imagine a ton of Trump supporters being basically fed up with political BS and dumbing down the vote or any number of other one-off issues. I sort of worry if Trump comes in because of the right wing backswing and we end up with more tough-on-crime or other BS, but if he is all show and then goes moderate once elected, whatever right? Presidents don't really seem to get that much done, though I do kind of wonder why the red ones spend so darn much more for being conservative.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:21 pm

The more things change, the more they stay the same:

Good to see you pickle! We should run on the same ticket, as nothing goes better than pickles and noodles!

"Pickles and Noodles--a taste you can TRUST!"

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:39 pm

n00less cluebie wrote: "Pickles and Noodles--a taste you can TRUST!"
∞ Sasquatch grabs smoked salmon, parmesan, and butter from the pantry to create a dill salmon fettucine ∞

Now, THAT is a trustworthy and completely delicious main course!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Don't forget the kiwi smoothies go wash it all down!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Seems like luxers lean democratic.

Bernie Sanders is the big leader in the poll here. Initially I kind of discounted him as a real contender, figuring he could never win the general election. Now I'm starting to wonder. Could Bernie actually take it?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:41 pm

The only possibility I see of Bernie winning is if he goes up against Trump or Cruz and the moderates decide he's the lesser of the two evils....
But that necessitates him beating Hillary (not great) AND the Republicans continuing to fumble to the convention (possible) AND the independents choosing Bernie (????)

Overall not great odds in my book

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:35 pm

AquaRegia wrote:I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that ONE of these people WILL be the President of the United States at this time next year.

∞ AquaRegia is scared ∞

I refuse to believe that this the best my country has to offer; instead I think that the people who'd be worth voting for are no longer willing to do what it takes to get elected... and I can't really blame them. Our system is broken.
This is exactly my sentiment, Aqua. I'm worried. I voted Kasich. He's socially moderate and economically conservative. Unfortunately, he is not as charismatic (right) for what it takes to be President these days.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Big Will E Style wrote:
AquaRegia wrote:I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that ONE of these people WILL be the President of the United States at this time next year.

∞ AquaRegia is scared ∞

This is exactly my sentiment, Aqua. I'm worried. I voted Kasich. He's socially moderate and economically conservative. Unfortunately, he is not as charismatic (right) for what it takes to be President these days.
+1

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:48 pm

:(

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:02 pm

Sorry, Dreamers: It’s Time to Say Goodbye to Bernie Sanders

(click for VF article)
:(

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:38 pm

I like Sanders... with Elizabeth Warren as VP :smt049

Those Super Delegates should be interrogated without mercy!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:56 pm

Worst superpower ever....

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:06 am

Literally anyone but Hillary

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:07 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:Worst superpower ever....
If you subtract the super delegates (who can change their mind at the convention) the actual count of delegates as of today is:

Clinton = 652
Sanders = 454

Very odd that it isn't reported this way on the media channels.
:smt017

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:25 pm

FiveThirtyEight.com doesn't count the super delegates towards their "path to the nomination" And by all accounts Sanders isn't doing well enough to still have a real viable path to the nomination. That is he's losing by too much in the South and not winning as much as he needs to in the whiter states...

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Hillary could self destruct at any moment from her sketchy past (a.k.a. experienced politician) so Bernie is going to stay on the trail until the convention.

:yoda

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:02 am

For you Bernie Bro's out there (or really anyone else following the horserace) here's a great website showing how each candidate is doing compared to their "ideal path" to victory. For the Democratic side they leave out the superdelegates. You can zoom in on individual states as well.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/ele ... democrats/

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/ele ... publicans/

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Numbers don't lie... but people do. We'll see how this all comes out in the wash :D

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:15 am

I have to say frankly this election season is rather tame compared to past presidential elections. When will Trump accuse Cruz of being a transsexual prostitute!??!?!? :?: When will Cruz completely lose his cool and meltdown before a camera somewhere? (hidden or otherwise ;) ) When does Kaisich finally give up the ghost and admit he is a closet bronie?

on a side note:

GO BERNIE GO!!! FEEL THE BERNS!!!!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:42 am

For you Bernie Bros out there, not only did he win yesterday (which he NEEDED to and was EXPECTED to) he also outperformed his expectations in all three states. He still has a very tough deficit to overcome, but not impossible.

Meanwhile, I have to rescind my support of Kasich since I didn't realize HOW far the right he was on Women's rights, which leaves me....Vermin Supreme for my go-to-candidate.

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:22 pm

I've registered 40+ people in PA and will be canvasing in philadelphia every weekend right up until the primary. I'M NOT GIVING UP ON BERNIE! Even if he does not win, I feel that this is a really important movement and that we are essentially fighting for the heart of the Democratic party. I'll leave you all with a speech from VP Biden. Although the standing president and VP have historically NEVER endorsed a candidate, they seem to be echoing a lot of what Bernie is about.

Naraku
Lux Demon

Post by Naraku » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Keep on going Red Beard!!!!

I'll just take a moment to remind everyone how 8 years ago everyone thought Obama would never be able to beat Clinton's delegate lead either...
So before everyone believes that she is the only one capable of securing the nomination or that she's inevitably going to be the democratic candidate think again!!!

GO BERNIE SANDERS, GO!!!