BLM and White shaming

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
camaro
Lux Demon

BLM and White shaming

Post by camaro » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:35 pm

▉ Darth Casey: but criticising BLM is not allowed
▉ Darth Casey: seems a contradiction
▉ Plane crazy: whites should be shamed u dumb ass

camaro
Lux Demon

Re: BLM and White shaming

Post by camaro » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:36 pm

thoughts??? im white and wake up everyday feeling good about myself. I have a 4 year old son and the last thing i would EVER teach him is to feel ashamed about himself because he is white. i mean it's just fucking absurd... seems like the very definition of racism.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:00 pm

The entire history of the USA is one big race issue that's been unsuccessfully dealt with over and over again. Today it's a hard issue to confront directly because any rhetorical misstep could get you fired from your job and socially ostracized, etc; and yet we're supposed to solve all of these complex systemic social issues while the conversation takes place within extremely limited parameters... and then people are really surprised when a candidate like Trump gains a lot of support among white lower-income voters.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:22 pm

:panic:

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 pm

dont think it has.. i think race relations were better in the 60's and 70;s than they are now... they are now PURPOSEFULLY being used to divide... only suckers take the bait... like place crazy, rm, and every other liberal do little creep screamin islam/ blm matters....only christ bloods saves..and thats the common denominator

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:03 am

sad no lil p body wants to speak their mind... stay in your shell ,,, i got kings mountain. inchon / and the yalu in mt blood... prob few history buffs in the ranks,, what an embarrassment

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:00 am

Symbiosis wrote:The entire history of the USA is one big race issue that's been unsuccessfully dealt with over and over again.
The history of EVERY country is one of race/slavery. Even the Eskimos had slaves. The difference is slaves in the USA weren't castrated or worked to death, etc. so after slavery ended former slaves were able to reproduce and survive.

My family had to change their last names in order to avoid being hunted down and killed by the Brits and were driven off their land. I have 2 good British friends and we enjoy talking shit about it.

It may be bittersweet but the slaves in America sacrificed their lives unwillingly so generations later their children today can enjoy a better quality of life then they would have if they were born in Africa.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:16 am

Did I just read that African Americans should thank the United States for "not being the worst slave owners", and "saving them from a life of unenlightened savagery that they would have if they never left Africa?"

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Not really, try again.

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Dangerous Beans wrote:It may be bittersweet but the slaves in America sacrificed their lives unwillingly so generations later their children today can enjoy a better quality of life then they would have if they were born in Africa.
DB you might not have meant it in that way, but if so that was really not communicated well.

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:58 pm

BLM's primary focus seems to be on police discrimination against the black community.

The problem I have with the movement is that it seems a bit tone deaf when you see how many inner city black people are being killed from gang violence and drug dealing. A proportion that is seemingly much higher than those killed by the police.

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Too bad for the sake of context you didn't post our entire conversation camero. It would show you to be the racist troll you are. Your denial of white privilege in America, your twisting of the BLM groups motives, are a direct reflection of what is really wrong with America. People like you who have swallowed whole the message of hate and fear spread by the right.

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:53 am

jeez y'all sure have some wack takes

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:09 pm

There is a huge problem of relationships between the police and communities of color, and while individual cops are often not to blame, the lack of real investment in building community relationships exacerbates the problem.

That's where we need to spend our tax dollars

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:20 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:There is a huge problem of relationships between the police and communities of color, and while individual cops are often not to blame, the lack of real investment in building community relationships exacerbates the problem.

That's where we need to spend our tax dollars
Gunning down innocent police in the streets isn't helping.

A huge amount of change must come from both law enforcement and the communities equally. The interaction is currently a cyclical mix of fear and hatred.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:45 pm

I think the biggest issue in black communities is that there are few jobs for the people there. If there were jobs and money then families wouldn't fall apart and kids would have better homes to grow up in. The cycle spins upward instead of downward. This country doesn't have a manufacturing base anymore, so there are no longer many ways to make money without a college degree. Communities tend to be worse when nobody is making money.

Police violence is an issue but it's been overblown by the media fixation. A lot of the friction could be reduced if we stopped trying to police urban black people into acting like suburban white people (e.g. laws against walking in the street or having saggy pants). Bring more autonomy to the community level and give people something legal to do for money and I'll bet communities start looking a lot better.

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Here America, this should help.

1. De-fund the military by 50% over the next 10 years. Use 1/2 the money to solve our social issues. Use the other half to re-build our crumbling infrastructure and help put people to work.

2. Medicare for all. Burn down the dysfunctional for profit healthcare system.

3. Invest in clean energy.

4. Use diplomacy to find out why ISIS hates the West so much, and stop doing the shit that’s pissing them off. In other words, leave them the fuck alone in their desert to do whatever the fuck they want. It's their fucking desert. And while we are leaving them the fuck alone, leave the rest of the world the fuck alone too.

5. Raise the minimum wage. FFS.

6. Find a way to brand the NRA as terrorists and crush their sick, deadly, distorted view of the 2nd. amendment the fuck out of existence.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:25 pm

hoodie wrote:
Dangerous Beans wrote:It may be bittersweet but the slaves in America sacrificed their lives unwillingly so generations later their children today can enjoy a better quality of life then they would have if they were born in Africa.
DB you might not have meant it in that way, but if so that was really not communicated well.
I never said anything about 'thanking the USA' or claiming that Africans are 'unenlightened savages'. Don't put your words in my mouth.

It is undeniable that an American has a better quality of life than every country in Africa. It's called cost/benefit.

The cost of generations of brutality for the benefit of a higher quality of life for their future kin. The only people who can say whether or not this was worth it was the slaves themselves who paid the price. Not you, not me. Not sure how this can be so misconstrued. No lines to read between here.

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:01 pm

I find your outlook to be absolutely vile, revisionist, and self-serving. But I didn't put any words into your mouth. I said you communicated poorly, plain and simple. That's not putting words into your mouth. So watch where you aim those accusations.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:28 am

Not sure how discussing the facts is vile and I'm not sure how I am serving myself at all. Maybe you should look at history logically and not emotionally.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:22 am

This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about with "rhetorical missteps". On the one hand, we don't want to say anything which even has the remote possibility of casting any positive light on slavery, which is a barbaric practice which was rightfully left behind in western civilization more than a century ago*.

On the other hand, when looked at objectively, it is very arguable that the descendants of African-American slaves are better off than they would have been had there never been slavery. Nobody wants to be the person to point that out because of its obvious potential to offend and insult black people in America, but it's AT LEAST arguable... and considering how often the history of slavery is used as a rhetorical bludgeon, it seems unfair to exclude^ any arguments about context and history which might favor one side.

This is why Trump appeals to white people: because there are a set of rules about what white people can say about race, rules which only apply to white people, and Trump breaks them. This is something liberal opponents of Trump have to face up to, because if it wasn't Trump it would be somebody else doing and saying what he is. You might not think political correctness is a problem, but many people do, and those people have a voice in politics just as much as you do.

*never mind that one of the USA's biggest trading partners is China, many citizens of which work below what western civilization would consider to be slave-level working conditions. Enjoy that iPhone.

^The arguments aren't just excluded, by making them you become vile.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:53 am

I'm pretty darned sure that Beansie isn't racist. Or vile.

Knee-jerk reactions on either side aren't helpful if the ultimate goal is a post-racist society. IMO.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:20 pm

For anything that happens there is a cost/benefit attached to it, even a baby dieing. If by analyzing the cost/benefit of an event in the past I somehow become "vile", then we are doomed as a species.

Do black people have the right to be angry about being enslaved? Yes they do- the same as anyone who was on the receiving side of another group (which is pretty much everyone at some point). But they should have the strength to overcome their anger and recognize that the people living today had no part in slavery instead of dwelling in the past. Punishing people for something their grandfathers did is ridiculous and an Old-testament style of punishment. Thank god we don't cut off the hands of everyone who is descendant from a thief. If you go back far enough in time I wager everyone alive today has an ancestor that was a slave, and an ancestor that owned a slave.

1000 years from now historians will talk about things like slavery and Hitler and the Middle East the same way today we talk about Alexander the Great "conquering" the known world, or Ghengis Khan pillaging and raping China. Should I apologize for being able to look at events today and in the recent past from the perspective of people in the future? Fuck that. I neither condone slavery or think it is a good thing. Perhaps you should try looking at things from other point of views other than your self-righteous one. A point of view that considers other ways of thinking to be vile seems pretty self-serving to me.

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:11 pm

plane crazy that just goes to show how big of a mental fuck up you are... i have zero respect for people with your mind set and it takes me 5 sec to see in in person or via the web... do humanity a favor and end it..

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 pm

spend money to find out why isis hates us ..??? lmao .... resd the koran and take it literally and you have your answer... columbine was an outlier ... newtown and outlier... hard to say that recent islamic attacks are outliers... get your shit together

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:17 pm

and btw you saying what your said is so absurd i need not make any analogies.... people are smart enough, no matter what race, to see them for themselves... WHITE PEOPLE SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED!!!! just tonight?? everyday i wake up? forever??? damnnn dude go fuk urself

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:32 pm

This is the absolute worst thread. It's not even close. Holy shit.

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:37 pm

thanks!!! i win again

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:40 pm

but really dolla billz do you think plane crazy saying white should be shamed is appropriate in any setting? cuz u dont have the balls to say so? then teach your "white" children when they grow up that they are BAD BAD people LOL... silly isnt it... grow some testicles bro.

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:43 pm

and yes i think this issue is absurd but i didn't bring it up... plane crazy and the Liberal platform has brought it up... apperenly im the bad guy... last time you see a bad guy like this !!!! :twisted: