9/11

Of the people, by the people, for the people, for whatevs.
PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

9/11

Post by PJB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 pm

This is the only US forum i’m sort of active on, thats why i will post it here.

I want to salute and thank all the brave men and women who risked their lives to help those in need on 9/11. Especially those who aren't here anymore.

Every year i get sick to my stomach to watch this horror scene on tv.

Today 15 years later, the world still did not put a joint forces together to eradicate these soulless bastards on the ground where they are the most (Irak, Syria, Afghanistan).

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Re: 9/11

Post by plane crazy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Thank you for your acknowledgment of those who responded to the horrors on that terrible day. They did their jobs without questioning why, or what would become of them. They are all hero’s.

Very few people in America even know why America was attacked on 9-11. Most never even asked why. They just accepted the simplistic explanation that “Muslims want the western way of life exterminated”. America’s leadership then criminally exploited the fear and new hatred, and used it to feed a corporate war machine 2 trillion tax dollars (and counting) to protect the oil industries investments in the mid-east.

The reality is American intervention in mid-east politics over 65 years has led to where we are now. The real mystery is why 15 years and 2 or 3 wars after 9-11 anyone would rationally think armed conflict could solve the issues in the middle east.

While the thought of eliminating all terrorism is a noble one, I do not see how it could be done in the middle east with a million solders on the ground and a thousand planes with unlimited bombs. All that would be accomplished is a huge financial and resource waste, leading to genocide of mostly innocent people and an even greater and clearly justifiable hatred of Europe and the USA by the survivors.

Wouldn't it be better to leave these people alone? They do have a right to think and live as they wish, even if it is not as we would live our lives. As I am a secular humanist, woman’s rights and gay rights advocate, its fucking hard to say they have a right to their perspective, but if I want respect for my views, must I also respect the right for others to have differing views?

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:00 am

Except when their views include harming innocents.

plane crazy
Lux Corporate Pilot

Post by plane crazy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Well...are we the world cops? I don't want America to have to police the world. And America's hands are plenty bloody as well. Ask the millions incarcerated due to the foolish "war" on drugs.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:32 pm

We need more people like SmotPoker to win to war on drugs! C he's been doing his best to burn them as fast as he can!

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:50 am

9/11 was bad really bad.
immediate victims were the innocent citizens of NY. (2,996 died on that day)
Ultimate victims were the citizens of Iraq who had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 (over 1,5millions dead after US occupation), Syria (over 500,000 dead and millions of refugees because USA backed Al Qaeda/ISIS militants against Assad regime - check Mc Cain meeting with Al Baghdadi days before he created ISIS https://socioecohistory.files.wordpress ... ghdadi.jpg), Libya (over 30,000 dead so far after US and allies backed al Qaeda militants against Kaddafi regime) and so on...

Yes,
I salute the men and women who helped the victims of 9/11.
I curse the terrorists who perpetrated this horrible act.
I accuse the US foreign policies of behaving much worst than the terrorists, they were selfish, condescending, inhuman, brutal and unjust... to say the least.

:(

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:58 am

∞ Symbiosis is a truther ∞

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:59 pm

General K wrote:USA backed Al Qaeda/ISIS militants against Assad regime
Yes NATO countries and intelligence services have a long history of doing this sort of thing unfortunately. :|

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:03 pm

imapickle wrote:
General K wrote:USA backed Al Qaeda/ISIS militants against Assad regime
Yes countries have a long history of doing this sort of thing unfortunately. :|
Fixed.

imapickle
is a pickle

Post by imapickle » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:09 am

The ones that rise to the top tend to be like that.

General K
Lux KAPITALIST

Post by General K » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:11 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/17/middl ... index.html

US and the coalition just carried an airstrike against Syrian army positioned in the military airport in Deir ezzor, just minutes after this strike ISIS attacked the airport...
US then claimed it was a mistake.

You know how many "mistakes" turned out in favor for ISIS in this conflict?
parachuted weapons ended up with ISIS by "mistake".
airstrikes against all sorts of groups fighting ISIS ended up being a "mistake".
even shooting down Russian jets above Syria (who are actually making serious harm to ISIS) ended up being a "mistake" too.

This hypocrisy is just creating more disrespect towards the US army men and their leaders.

:?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Wait wait wait. Since when did we have "respect" for the US military???? :roll:

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:40 pm

if you think Russia has been hitting ISIS targets all this time then you aren't paying attention.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Russia has been pretty open about the fact that they're in there to protect Assad, rather than just to fight ISIS. Helping Assad necessarily implies blowing up people who the US supports, because the US is trying to depose Assad through proxy armies, as is its way.

camaro
Lux Demon

Post by camaro » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:45 pm

dont mean to scare everyone :smt077 :smt077 off when i play.... but 4 real come fucking get some!!!!

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:29 pm

:-?