A new president.... woo hoo!!!

Preserving History. Honoring Excellence.

Who will you (or would vote if you could) vote for president?

McCain
26%
Obama
51%
Independent
6%
Undecided
6%
I don't vote - don't care
5%
Kitty on Catnip
7%

Total votes: 85

Odelay
ooodelayheehoo!

Post by Odelay » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:36 am

: x its so hard not saying anything... time will prove all.

Goten6456
Lux Cowboy

Post by Goten6456 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 am

See, I would sympathize with Bush if he didn't do so many things against the public will. We wanted Osama, we got Sadam. We wanted extra security, we got the Patriot Act. We wanted better education, we got No Child Left Behind. On and on. Its not like Bush hates America, or that he is doing everything he can to piss us off. I just don't think, like most people, that he is capable of being President. He was very well spoken as a governor and was very quick. Now he is slow, dimwitted, and makes bad decisions. Its unfortunate that he will probably go down as one of the worst presidents in history.

For everyone that hates Obama, or thinks he can't lead, or thinks he will ruin the country, give him a chance. That is why we have balance of powers in government, and the impeachment process.

Although it pains me to say this, I will give all you football fans a great analogy that should explain to you what I mean: The Buckeyes looked like the best team the last two years. Everyone thought they would dominate. But they sucked. They weren't what they seemed. And they weren't what we expected.

I'm only gonna say that once! Anyway, give em a chance to lead, and THEN hate on him. Remember, he wants to be your president too.

jOnNiE
Lux Hasselhoff

Post by jOnNiE » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:35 pm

fluffernuffer wrote:"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

—Ronald Reagan, 1964
if you are referring to me with this quote. What isn't so?

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Big Will E Style wrote:Interesting article. I'm going to say I agree with most of it.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122584386627599251.html
Will, that is a silly premise. So Americans should feel guilty for not supporting Bush/Cheney when they are on record thousands of times disregarding the polls and opinions of the people, the consensus of other countries, and common sense in general? Of course people didn't support them, but it didn't slow down their agenda. They simply ignored their constituents and reacted unilaterally. They were arrogant and talked to the public like we are idiots. I'll never forget Bush going on tv after 9/11 to tell America "get down to Disney World in Florida" and encouraged us all to "go shopping more". It was Bush/Cheney that stressed in their 2000 campaign that they would be all about accountability... Education Accountability, Corporate Accountability, Government Accountability, etc... Even now people are saying we need to be especially vigilant in holding Obama accountable before he has even stepped into the White House. I have also read several serious articles that blame Obama for the economy tanking because was doing good in the polls and therefore the markets were justifiably scared. But Bush/Cheney... no, we can't hold them accountable for their actual divisive policies. It's unfair to "blame" them for their own actions.... that is silly!
:lol:

jOnNiE
Lux Hasselhoff

Post by jOnNiE » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Yea, I never saw Bush and Cheney reaching to listen to anyone outside his circle. He has the "I am the decider" and that is that sort of attitude. Bush is a disgrace and to me he is the embarrassment not the people who criticize him. We have every right to knock him and his policies.

Will, do you approve of the job GWB has done?

deez nuts
Bane before beer

Post by deez nuts » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Goten, It is his own fault that he will go down as the worst president in history! He is the reason that many republican states voted democrat. Lets face it the jack ass has been convicted of dui, posession of blow, and drunk and disorderly, also was awol from the military for years, That guy has been riding his dads coat tails for years,and the only time he has a set of balls is when his daddy lets him have them.I still can't forget the video of him inviting the talbiban to visit him when he was govoner of Texas.I don't think he could have messed this country up anymore than he already did,and he will remain a dark memory in this country's history forever.I served active duty when his father was president and I watched this Busch cut all of the money for the VA while a war he started is going on, after sitting in the VA hospital for 11 hours 2 years ago I refused to go back, and have paid for my medical bills myself.There was 1 ER doctor for the whole hospital. Let us not forget hurricane katrina the methodist church from the outerbanks was able to drive a uhaul full of water and canned food into new orleans 4 days after the storm,but busch couldnt .

Golgi
Luxologist

Post by Golgi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:21 pm

I am now proud to say that...

I live in a Blue State!!!! wooo hooooo!!!!!

***Disclaimer: The following post may be considered ignorant, and I do not endorse or believe in the information contained in the following statement as true or accurate, however those of us in the Blue States really do want the good pot***

A friend e-mailed me this, I LOL'd:

Dear Red States:

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the entire Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas , Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood. We get Intel and Microsoft. You get World Com. We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss. We get 85 percent of America 's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama . We get two-thirds of the tax revenue; you get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms. Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight,ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq ,and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit,95 percent of America's quality wines, 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods,sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Stanford, CalTech and MIT. With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.*** We get Hollywood and Yosemite , thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the war, the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

Finally, we're taking the good pot,too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico .

Peace out,
Blue States
Last edited by Golgi on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:32 pm

What an ignorant post Golgi.

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:38 pm

I have disagreed with Bush vehemently over the years. I'm concerned about the next 75 days -- he's in the process of trying to gut environmental regulations at a time where he has no mandate and we need MORE environmental healing.

That said, once he gets out, I'd like to forget about him and move on. I do think the Senate needs to do investigations of policies and come to conclusions that things were done illegally, simply because we CANNOT have precedent set by these actions. I also think we as a public need to let that happen without much circumstance or gloating or threats or whatever.

We need to get over it and heal and focus our energies on fixing the future, not rehashing the past. Especially now, when we have a chance to reach out to those who disagree with us and let them know we're not trying to get them on our side because we're all on the same side.

Sure I'll chuckle when I see a ridiculous Bush cartoon. I don't hate the man, though, I hate his abuse of power. Take that away and he's someone I disagree with and hope to reach out to and change.

By the way, even with all he's done, you'd be hard pressed to find a President worse than Buchanan. And remember, Lincoln followed.

:lincoln:

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Golgi wrote:I am now proud to say that...

I live in a Blue State!!!! wooo hooooo!!!!!

A friend e-mailed me this, I LOL'd:

Dear Red States:

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the entire Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas , Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood. We get Intel and Microsoft. You get World Com. We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss. We get 85 percent of America 's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama . We get two-thirds of the tax revenue; you get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms. Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight,ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq ,and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit,95 percent of America's quality wines, 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods,sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Stanford, CalTech and MIT. With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.*** We get Hollywood and Yosemite , thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the war, the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

Finally, we're taking the good pot,too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico .

Peace out,
A friend mailed me that last election. And the election before. And the election before...
Ever the gracious winners and losers, our extremists friends.

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:31 pm

I enjoyed this gem from the Onion...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/o ... EMTF_Onion

hoodie
Burning Man

Post by hoodie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:38 pm

the funniest article from the Onion from this election cycle:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bl ... for_change

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Golgi
Luxologist

Post by Golgi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Big Will E Style wrote:What an ignorant post Golgi.
It's called political humor

I thought it was funny and wanted to share, that's all

I agree that it is somewhat offensive and insensitive, so I apologize if I have hurt anyone's feelings

Perhaps ignorant is the wrong word to use, but whateva

:?

sasquatch
Semiholy Beast

Post by sasquatch » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:06 pm

The election is over....
Golgi is still HOT
Black Pope is still a Pretty Flower
Big Will E still has the best looking girlfriend
MBauer's methods are still unsound
my back is still covered in hair
and Hoodie is still working to improve our world (does he ever rest?)

:D

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Haha good post Sasquatch. That's so nice of you to say about SuperGood :wink:

oh you meant real life!

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Goten6456 wrote: Anyway, give em a chance to lead, and THEN hate on him. Remember, he wants to be your president too.
I couldn't agree more. He wasn't my first or second choice, but I don't think he'll be a bad leader.
Last edited by nimrod7 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the tide

Post by the tide » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm

Even I laughed at this!
video

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 pm

the tide wrote:Even I laughed at this!
video
SEE!!! Zombies!!!

∞ Drifter tunes up the 4X4 ∞

the tide

Post by the tide » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Zombies = Razorbacks

GO COCKS!

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Golgi wrote:
Big Will E Style wrote:What an ignorant post Golgi.
Perhaps ignorant is the wrong word to use, but whateva

:?
No. Trust me. It's perfect.

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:58 pm

the tide wrote:Zombies = Razorbacks

GO COCKS!
Black Pope tries to mumble "Go Blue", but ends up stuttering and stammering...

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler
Location: An undisclosed location... for reasons of security, and therefore... insecurity...

Post by Drifter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:37 pm

the tide wrote:Zombies = Razorbacks

GO COCKS!
You saw what we did to Tulsa last weekend (even though I'm not sure how we did it)... be afraid, be very afraid.

GO HAWGS!

Goten6456
Lux Cowboy

Post by Goten6456 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:40 pm

I just saw that Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a continent. Are... you... kidding... me? I learned that in 2nd grade and she is the governor of Alaska? And a hairs width away from being president?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

Goten6456 shudders...

Drifter
Semiholy Rambler

Post by Drifter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:12 pm

I have a really cool bridge in Brooklyn to sell you at a bargain price Goten.

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Goten6456 wrote:I just saw that Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a continent. Are... you... kidding... me? I learned that in 2nd grade and she is the governor of Alaska? And a hairs width away from being president?

Goten6456 shudders...
You know, I read Golgi's little nasty letter, wrote a response and decided to step away, calm down and not submit it...it took a good amount of discipline not to do so. Perhaps we could all just let it go now, eh?

Goten6456
Lux Cowboy

Post by Goten6456 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Ok, wasn't meant to start anything, but I'll take that bridge Drift. Its not like she hasn't said anything goofy this election, because she has.

supergood
Baby Mama

Post by supergood » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:16 am

I can't believe there's an issue that my husband actually agrees with Obama on. As for me, I could care less.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns

Mike
Lux Townie

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:28 am

Black Pope wrote:I enjoyed this gem from the Onion...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/o ... EMTF_Onion
Classic BP - I love it...

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:33 am

Goten6456 wrote:I just saw that Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a continent. Are... you... kidding... me? I learned that in 2nd grade and she is the governor of Alaska? And a hairs width away from being president?

Goten6456 shudders...
Goten. It's a rumor. Don't believe everything you hear. Just like it was said that Barack was a muslim or not an American Citizen.
Goten6456 wrote:Ok, wasn't meant to start anything, but I'll take that bridge Drift. Its not like she hasn't said anything goofy this election, because she has.
Unlike Joe Biden. :roll:

I was so looking till after the election so all of this crap would stop. Silly me.