HOF 2006 - paranoiarodeo

Preserving History. Honoring Excellence.
Packman
Loves his dice!

HOF 2006 - paranoiarodeo

Post by Packman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:47 am

Congratulations on being inducted into the Hall of Fame!

Most first place medals of all time and Host of the Year and runner up several times!

Well done sir!

paranoiarodeo's ranking page

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:57 am

Statistician extraordinare

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:08 am

Lux Legend? Enigma extraordinare? Statistical superman? Pain in the Arse?

Whatever your views are of Para, there is something common around the traps of Luxdom.....Everyone has an opinion of this man, whether it is one of utmost respect, utmost repulsion, fear, or whether there is a way to shut him up in the forums, or the rooms....

Whatever one's feelings are on him, there is one fact; Statistically, Paranoiarodeo is by far and away, the most successful player to have played the game....50 Weekly Gold medals to his name, plus a few more to some of his aliases, highest seed with the lowest weighted average ever (1), and a more than impressive full house record spanning some 6000+ games (30% winning ratio). Possibly has been the biggest influence on my game play personally, mainly due to the fact that when i started, he was the King, so i tried to study the way he played more than others, i guess...... He then had a hiatus, came back under 2 different aliases, and still managed to burn it up again, against different players, with the same results.

There are definetly more entertaining players out there, possibly more players out there that are more "rounded to different maps", however, there has never been a better player who can "manipulate" the RAW system the way he has done....always knowing when to turtle and gain the best result from a terrible start, knowing when to strike and when to wait, calmly sipping his scotch, and eatin his pistachios.

I have great respect for the man as a player, and his views on lux etiquette, and even for his dull and dry, yet witty humor, yet can also understand how he can be misunderstood by so many (and yes, even hated or despised), or to be seen as a ranting, raving, and antagonistic fellow.... some geniuses are seen this way, and really, that is what he is to lux, a misunderstood genius..

The Wontrob
Ninja Doughboy

Post by The Wontrob » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Thumbs up.

tigs
Luxer

Post by tigs » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm a fan.
:D :D :D

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 am

mazza wrote:Lux Legend? Enigma extraordinare? Statistical superman? Pain in the Arse?

Whatever your views are of Para, there is something common around the traps of Luxdom.....Everyone has an opinion of this man, whether it is one of utmost respect, utmost repulsion, fear, or whether there is a way to shut him up in the forums, or the rooms....

Whatever one's feelings are on him, there is one fact; Statistically, Paranoiarodeo is by far and away, the most successful player to have played the game....50 Weekly Gold medals to his name, plus a few more to some of his aliases, highest seed with the lowest weighted average ever (1), and a more than impressive full house record spanning some 6000+ games (30% winning ratio). Possibly has been the biggest influence on my game play personally, mainly due to the fact that when i started, he was the King, so i tried to study the way he played more than others, i guess...... He then had a hiatus, came back under 2 different aliases, and still managed to burn it up again, against different players, with the same results.

There are definetly more entertaining players out there, possibly more players out there that are more "rounded to different maps", however, there has never been a better player who can "manipulate" the RAW system the way he has done....always knowing when to turtle and gain the best result from a terrible start, knowing when to strike and when to wait, calmly sipping his scotch, and eatin his pistachios.

I have great respect for the man as a player, and his views on lux etiquette, and even for his dull and dry, yet witty humor, yet can also understand how he can be misunderstood by so many (and yes, even hated or despised), or to be seen as a ranting, raving, and antagonistic fellow.... some geniuses are seen this way, and really, that is what he is to lux, a misunderstood genius..
I haven't watched many games with Para, and I definitely haven't played enough, but I must agree with Mazza completely. Mazza's write up of the man is excellent and I am looking forward to the day that I can give Para a challenge on his home court.

Smashley
Miss Badass

Post by Smashley » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:42 am

Para is the man!!

GYPCOUNT
NATO

Post by GYPCOUNT » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:22 am

Para is definitely one of the best luxers in history. He has taught me more than any other luxer, not only by his disapproval of some of my moves, but by some of my tantrums and unforgivable asshatery. The biggest lesson by far was realizing that no matter what happened to him in the game, he always wanted 1st place! and for that I respect him most.

Enzo1997
Lux Vacationer

Post by Enzo1997 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Now Para has not only became a hall of famer, but a mod as well!

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Best Host - paranoiarodeo

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:38 am

Before the dramatic years ends, I join GFips in reflecting on the positive side of this year.

Congratulations on another Best Host award! :smt023

▉ dustin: and the overall #1 Best Host award for 2015 goes to ... paranoiarodeo !!
▉ dustin: for his long time hosting service to Luxtopia

Last but not least!
Unfortunately i got not often the Chance to play against you, but i have heard only the best about you old-schoolers! Come back to rejoin the community and give us some lessons!