Lincoln's Travels (A Flat Stanley Project)

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Lincoln's Travels (A Flat Stanley Project)

Post by jesterme » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Flat Lincoln sign ups and commentary are here. This thread should only contain photos, videos, etc. from Lincoln's Travels, by request of jesterme.

First, a map of Lincoln's Travels Updated as he makes his way around:

Lincoln has to start somewhere....

Flat Lincoln remembers the Alamo.

jesterme, Lincoln, and youngest daughter.

Location #1 - The Alamo (San Antonio, Texas)

TSK: Locked by request, to maintain a pristine travelogue. And unlocked. Flat Lincoln sign ups and commentary are here.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Well, I am a little disappointed in my performance with Lincoln. No matter what I tried to do, I couldn't get Lincoln out on the weekend. So here you see Lincoln and I playing a little Cube Wars!
(at my shop Walnut Creek, California)
Image-Image

Here Lincoln and I decided to check out a place called Mazza Grill. The food was Greek/Mediterranean and rather tasty although I knew this Mazza was not our Lux Mazza because there was NO BEER on the menu. Freaking imposters!
(Pleasant Hill California)

Lincoln is in Transit right now back to jesterme and from there who knows? At some point Lincoln and I will hook up again and I will try to show you Luxers what beautiful northern California is all about.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 pm

This Week.....

Lincoln Travels to Cabo San Lucas!

The picture above is at Cabo San Lucas Marina where Lincoln is enjoying a Margarita and is pictured in front of the "Attessa" Yacht owned by this dude:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Washington

The G20 is in town so all the big wigs and heads of state were arriving...that with all the Policia Federales driving around with machine guns made for quite a sight!

Anyways, the next picture is of Lincoln in front of the Cliffs at the southern point of CSL, as viewed from our Hotel:

We took Lincoln to a neat little restaurant several blocks off of the beaten path after we decided to walk around for a while and look for lunch. We found a spot "Menudo Birria" and dropped in. A nice lady made us fresh corn tortillas, a comfort soup (Menudo) with Tripe and Pork Rinds, a great Goat Stew (birria), and an awesome filet of fish (Pescado Empanzado) to make fish tacos with. Here is a picture of wifey feeding Lincoln a fish taco, and the lovely chef:

Finally, Lincoln at "Mi Casa" restaurant (A bit touristy, but fun) helping me finish off the bottle of Malbec:

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm

This week, Lincoln travels to the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island (Nassau, New Providence):

Not much time for pictures, forgot the backup battery....

but here is Lincoln on Paradise Island sipping the "Zombie" drink:

and Lincoln taking a nap on my lap:

Stay tuned for more updates soon by other Luxers!!!!

Capicola
Gorgeous Man

Lincoln Goes to Philly and Cleveland

Post by Capicola » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi all,

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Lincoln a few months ago. Here are just a few of the pictures of our travels together.

Cleveland, OH
There's not much to see in Cleveland, but Lincoln insisted that if we go anywhere, we better go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Please note both of Cleveland's buildings in the background (the Key Bank Building in front, Tower City in the back).

A bit more intimate.

Philadelphia, PA

Lincoln asked that I take him right to the heart of it all, so here we are in front of City Hall, located right in the center of the city of Philadelphia.

Lincoln did not care much for history, but I insisted that we check out Old City for some colonial good times. Here is Lincoln, chilling up in front of Independence Hall, where our American forefathers famously signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776.

Last, but certainly not least, Lincoln insisted that we take a trip across the street, so that he could take a shot with The Liberty Bell.

All in all, it was a pretty great time. I miss you every day, Lincoln. Every day.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

LINCOLN has ARRIVED!

Post by Stelee » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Let the GAMES begin!

I am in the studio tonight... heading to LA for three days in the morning... Then San Diego for a week... then back to LA for another week...

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Lincoln is finally ready for another appearance. Get excited!

I had the pleasure of spending a few fabulous days galavanting around Chicago with Mr. Lincoln.

First, we decided we should both experience our first Cubs game at Wrigley Field together:

He took the game very seriously:

Standing up for a better view of things:

Next, Mr. President wanted to work on his tan, so I took him to the shores of Lake Michigan:

Abe and I walking hand in hand along the beach:

Finally, Lincoln insisted upon gazing into his reflection at "the bean" downtown:

After all our fun, the ex-president was even humble enough take public transportation, waiting for the L to arrive to take us home:

My apologies to everyone if Lincoln overstayed his time with me, but we were having so much fun after all.

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Flat Lincoln sign ups and commentary are here. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than actual mementos of Lincoln's travels in this thread, as requested by jesterme.

Thank you.

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:15 pm

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm

3DA wrote:Image

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 pm

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 am

Not even here a few days, and already poor Abe is trying to break out of Baby Jail....

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Well, THIS is embarrassing, Jews aren't really known for proselytizing, but when I explained to Lincoln about the Passover Seder, and its celebration of freedom, he decided right then and there to convert. (I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with the 4-cups of wine served at the seder). Oh and he also insisted I no longer call him by his "slave name" (?) but rather refer to him as "Avraham"

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Somewhere between "Dayeinu" and the 3rd cup of mine, "Avraham" disappeared after trying to "take me to a gay bar"

I found him this morning:

I think he's beginning to outstay his welcome. Where's he off to next?

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Kjos
Luxer

Re: Lincoln's Travels (A Flat Stanley Project)

Post by Kjos » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 pm

After many months of Abe and I together... alone.... we have finally departed from each other. My roommates and I sat down and discussed the future of Lincoln, I don't remember exactly when I got him, but If I were to guess I've had him for 5 months or so. We decided it was time he left the top of the fridge, and he no longer needed to watch over us.

So to Para he went. Here are a few pictures of our adventure.

Of course Abe was playing a good amount of Lux over the months.

Abe liked hanging around with some of our decorations around the apartment.

I grew out the beard for this picture! Twins?!

I took good ole Abe out to my friend's outdoor wedding, we had a blast!

This is where he spent most of his time when he wasn't playing Lux, he watched over the apartment for us, keeping us honest.

Sillzys
Lux Newbie

Re: Lincoln's Travels (A Flat Stanley Project)

Post by Sillzys » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:00 am

Cool!