review of major command

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
AquaRegia
Lux Ambassador

review of major command

Post by AquaRegia » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Another Luxer (coughMaraudercough) suggested I try this site (majorcommand.com), so I did. Here are my impressions:

1) It looks like a Lux rip-off, only not as good. Granted, Lux is essentially a rip-off of Risk, but still.

2) The interface is very clumsy. Multiple tabs for chat, "diplomacy" (huh?), statistics, etc, and mousing over countries tells you nothing. Each attack event requires about ten clicks to accomplish.

3) Three-minute turn times may appeal to some... but wait for it: you may very well NEED all three minutes just to complete one turn, with all the clicking and selecting it takes. PLUS, every AFK turn now takes THREE MINUTES as well, and yes, this did happen the first and only time I played. *snore*

4) The server, for me, was very buggy. My turn would start... but I couldn't place my armies. I had to refresh the page several times each round, losing precious turn time. (I'm on Firefox, Mac OSX)

5) My first and only game also demonstrated that established players discriminate against new players, and the new guy can't get a fair game. I held NA, so the EU and Asia guys agreed on 1-army borders and gang-raped me. Good times!

Bottom line, you get what you pay for. A couple of bucks for Lux is a hundred times more fun than this free site.

Stelee
RENUNCIANT

Re: review of major command

Post by Stelee » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:26 pm

AquaRegia wrote:
3) ...PLUS, every AFK turn now takes THREE MINUTES...
/me signs up just for this feature!