Mafia XXXIV (Medieval Mafia): Game on!

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

I am trying to be forthcoming here.
I have revealed my role.
I have given you all explanations which are completely accurate from the rules.
I have given mani the beserker robe which will be transferred and confirmed this evening at 8pm by our host.
I have given mani the opportunity to investigate me again after I no longer have the robe.

And yet you all vote for me.

I challenge dannflor to a joust Then you will all see the loser's role tomorrow morning. I would have challenged mani but I know he is innocent even though he doesn't believe me. And I could have challenged WP but again I believe he is innocent as I revealed my role to him early on and he did not have me killed due to the knowledge.

Dannflor has been completely silent, and hasn't voted for days. Plus TSK gave a little warning from the original post (go ahead and look for yourself)

15. Dannflor (confirmed- watch out, he's good)

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:42 pm

I vote Lantern

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Lantern is my vote.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 pm

The dead are not amused by the apparent large number of AFK players....

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:08 pm

I think its pretty apparent that Lantern is a mafia member.

I vote for Lantern.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Since I've been following WP's lead up to this point, I guess I see no reason to stop now. Might as well see this thing through to the end. Voting Lantern.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Whirlplaid is pretty influential in these games apparently... no wonder we always kill him off before day 1.

The ghost of Rhye chuckles.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 pm

I am innocent. I believe *mani is innocent. I have no faith in any other player. In order of possible mafia:

Jesterme
Schroberts
Enokrad
Mazza
Kude
Kjos
JJazz
Dannflor

Don't take this list at face value! These are merely suppositions!

I have no proof of anything, I am merely going on posts in this thread.

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Lantern feels the walls closing in and fears he will be visiting TOP BRIDGE in the morning. He decides that the gift he was giving to mani is too precious as it belonged to his great-grandfather Erol the vicious. He thinks the best thing to do is to sneak it into one of the innocents homes with the goal of fooling the Necromancer thus creating more havoc. As the time is short he decides to scribble some notes down and tucks it into his pocket. Blasted townsfolk! They foiled my evil plans.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Whirly, I'm honestly a little confused as to why you would place me at the top of that list... I've only been following your lead this entire time, taking you at your word and assuming you had solid ideas, as I've had little to no information to go on other than what's been laid out here. If anything, you should be at the top of that list based on the decisions you've made and leads you have taken. I do want to believe you when you say you're innocent and they've all been honest mistakes, but it is hard when you try to throw me under the bus...

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Whirly, I'm honestly a little confused as to why you would place me at the top of that list... I've only been following your lead this entire time, taking you at your word and assuming you had solid ideas, as I've had little to no information to go on other than what's been laid out here. If anything, you should be at the top of that list based on the decisions you've made and leads you have taken. I do want to believe you when you say you're innocent and they've all been honest mistakes, but it is hard when you try to throw me under the bus...

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:21 pm

At the start of the game I sent PM's to all players. I asked for help. I received responses from three players. Those players (jesterme, Lantern, schroberts) all contacted me all in a short amount of time claiming to be innocent and in doing so earned my trust. Lantern tricked me into believing him, and I believe that jesterme and schroberts took advantage of my trust and are trying to do the same thing Lantern did. Based upon mafia experience and Lantern, and the PM's, my prior list of suppositions stands.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Schroberts wrote:Whirly, I'm honestly a little confused as to why you would place me at the top of that list... I've only been following your lead this entire time, taking you at your word and assuming you had solid ideas, as I've had little to no information to go on other than what's been laid out here. If anything, you should be at the top of that list based on the decisions you've made and leads you have taken. I do want to believe you when you say you're innocent and they've all been honest mistakes, but it is hard when you try to throw me under the bus...
Iv'e said time and again I have no idea who is who, the only people that tried to prevent me from voting the way I did are all now dead. I am forced to assume that the players who were so happy to stand behind me were merely taking advantage of me and are really the bad guys from the start.

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Lantern hears the noises outside fade and he is still free! Hmmm

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 pm

OK, Whirl, plenty of people followed your lead, as did I, for lack of any other information to go on. We both know that until the last day or two, hardly any other innocents have spoken up in the thread to try to get us all on the same page. I don't know if everyone was just AFK, or too afraid to make wrong guesses for fear that they would be labeled guilty. All I know is that I had no real information to go on, no other communication from anyone else besides you until yesterday, so yeah, I was happy to follow your ideas. They were better than the ideas anyone else was providing, which of course, was no ideas.

As for the PMs, I can't speak for Jester and Lantern, as I have received no communication from Jester and only the other day from Lantern when he was desperately trying to convince everyone is was innocent. At the time when you PM'd me, you were the only one that I'd heard ANYTHING from, so of course I replied, happy to have someone to swap what little info I had with. Maybe I made a mistake and should have ignored your PM like all the other innocents apparently did. My bad.

Anyway, Lantern's going to die tonight. Tomorrow's a new day. Hopefully I'm still alive to try to make sense of what's happening.

JJazz
Luxer

Post by JJazz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Whirlplaid I had no way of knowing you were innocent... I'm still confused with this version of mafia. You could have been tricking me into revealing that I was innocent so you could kill me and so I didn't respond

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Huzzah! Kudos to TSK for sticking it to those evil Daylight Saving Time trolls and extending today an extra hour! ;)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Sorry, everyone, I was unavoidably, um, tied up. Give me a few minutes to read everything. Thanks!

JJazz
Luxer

Post by JJazz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 pm

I also vote Lantern

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:12 pm

No more posting, please! It's Night...

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Day Five ends.
  • Lantern has been voted for lynching, and will spend the Night in gaol. While in gaol, he cannot act or transfer any special items. He will be hanged at Top Bridge in the morning.

Lantern has challenged Dannflor to a joust. Unfortunately, he won’t be around to make good on that challenge. I see a pattern emerging...

Dannflor has again been sentenced to spend the Night in the stocks. Apparently he's decided to save a little on his grocery bill. While in the stocks, he may not use or transfer any special items, nor have any special items transferred to him. He may not perform any Night actions. However, Night actions may be performed on him, and special items may be used on him (for good or ill).

JJazz has again been spared from the stocks, this time only. In future, all votes made after 8PM EDT will not count, or spare the poster from the stocks. Night post again, and all y'all are going to be more tied up than me! :P

It is now Night Six. Night Six will end at 7:59 PM EDT (US) on Thursday.
  • • Those with Night actions, please PM me your targets.

• If you have a special item and would like to use it or transfer it to another player, please PM me.

Pleasant dreams...

:smt077

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 pm

/me dreams of being tied up with TSK all night

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:38 pm

The River Lux, mid-morning...
  • The lads were tilting at one another near Top Bridge. Wasting time, their mothers called it. Honing life skills, they replied... and usually their fathers agreed. Whilst flat on his back from a sneaky blow to the knees, Egbert noticed that the river was swirling about some obstruction. He waded closer, and found that the body of this morning's lynching was stuck and only half-submerged.

He rifled the soggy victim's pockets. He found no treasure, but brought back a note to Cuthbert for deciphering. The note read:
    • Dear brethren,

I fear that my time is coming to an end before we were able to complete our devastation of Luxingham. Things were going along well and we were picking off our targets left an right with nothing but confusion in our wake. If not for that damn Necromancer and his Commuter friend I might survive the night but I think it is not to be. Thankfully with a bit of trickery we were able to take him out. I hope he enjoyed that last pint of ale!

I visited TOP BRIDGE every morning to see the victims of our evil plan and knew the possibility that one day I might be one of them. But I didn't think it would come so soon. It's time for the last minute plans to be put in action...

~~~~undecipherable scribble~~~~

I hate to part with my great grandfathers Beserker Robe that he was awarded in the old Viking Wars. Ironically it was his bravery in battle of TOP BRIDGE that rewarded him with the robe. Now I will die at TOP BRIDGE. I have to use this gift wisely so off it goes to an innocent in the hopes that the Necromancer will be tricked into killing off one of their own.

Well I see the torches in the distance. They are coming for me. I won't go down without a fight!

RAWR!!!!!!!
[/color]

No one was killed during the Night.

Lantern was hanged by the neck until dead. Lantern was the Viking Pillager (Mafia Thief).

Dannflor has been released from the stocks, and returns to the game. His tormenters have move on from rotting produce to fouler weaponry... TSK call for reinforcements.

It is now Day Six in Luxingham. You may discuss the Night's events, vote to lynch, and/or challenge to joust, if you wish. The Day will end at 7:59 PM EDT on Friday. Even if I'm a bit tardy in posting. :P

Good luck to you all.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Interesting....

Dannflor has been pretty quiet and was in the stocks last night....no death last night....

Dannflor is my vote.

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 pm

lease we got a mafiosa this time........

i asgree, go Dannflor

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:31 pm

This is a easy call right?

I vote Dann

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 am

The Silken Knot wrote:I hate to part with my great grandfathers Beserker Robe that he was awarded in the old Viking Wars. Ironically it was his bravery in battle of TOP BRIDGE that rewarded him with the robe. Now I will die at TOP BRIDGE.

I think TSK's ergh... i mean Lantern's dying note was referring to this great battle.
In the castles tournament, this was the last match of the tourney,
Lantern had died first in that battle while Mani was victorious.
That win earned team Earth their well deserved trophy.

Mani has always played a good game in misdirection and I feel that this is happening again now.

My two cents of why i'm voting for mani

I have no other clue asides that and i reserve to change my vote come new evidence.

PS. and yes, that was a great battle at the top bridge.

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 am

I'm gonna tell you all what happened TWO NIGHTS AGO, and what happened last night.

Then you're all gonna trust me, message me your roles so we can weed out the mafia, and win.

OK here we go:

I investigate Lantern three nights ago - he is determined as Viking. One night later, the mafia paralyze BWES and since they know he will be unprotected because he is the commutor, kill him. That same night, Lantern (being the mafia thief) steals the berserkers robe, or has it transferred to him by another mafia member (more likely).

He then tries to earn our trust by saying he's going to transfer me the robe; no doubt he would have succeeded in doing so if he lived. Fortunately, people began to trust me, and we LYNCHED A MAFIA MEMBER UNDER MY GUIDING.

Meanwhile, I protected myself last night because I knew the mafia would be targetting me after they got BWES and I revealed my role. THIS IS WHY NOBODY DIED LAST NIGHT.

While I have no further investigative results because I had to save myself last night, my gut says

vote jesterme

He accused Dannflor as misdirection, in my opinion. Simple inactivity does not show guilt, and jesterme also opposed BWES as commutor and tried to mislead via PM

Now please, PLEASE begin to trust me and message me your roles. I have only shown the innocents truth in myself and others.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous

Post by WhirlPlaid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:55 am

I had concluded the same, well, not exactly all the stuff you posted but I had concluded: jesterme

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Question for *mani...(or maybe this is a question for TSK?):

You say you protected yourself last night, because you knew you would be a target, and that's why nobody died last night. However, if you protected yourself (and this assumes it was successful, since you only have a 50% chance at being successful), would you necessarily know that someone tried to kill you? I mean, if you are protected, and a hit is put out on you, do you find out you were targeted?

Because if not, you're still just assuming that the mafia targeted you, and because you were protected, that's why no one died last night. Otherwise, it's fully possible that either (a) you were not targeted at all and someone else was, or (b) no one was actually targeted last night.

This could lead us to two different conclusions besides the one that you came up with. One being that someone else who is able to protect their self (the Barber or someone with the Chainmail Garment) was targeted and survived. OR, two being that the mafia hitman was AFK (or being held in the stocks) last night, and nobody was targeted.

I'm laying this all out here, because I'm not only trying to make sense of all the possible options for myself (I'm quite confused at this point), but also so that we can ALL see all the options and not just keep blindly following someone because what they say seems logical.

In conclusion, I'm not voting just yet, because I haven't quite made sense of all this.