Mafia XXXVII (Canceled)

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
mud
n00b educator

Mafia XXXVII (Canceled)

Post by mud » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Canceled due to lack of interest

I am going to give another try at an anonymous mafia game.

In Mafia XXXVII (Avatars), each player will create two anonymous avatars to use in the game. In order to not violate the alias forum rules the game will be played in a free forum created solely for the purpose of the game: http://luxmafia.freeforums.net/board/1/general-board

You should sign up there and when you sign up, you should only sign up with one avatar and then wait some days before creating the second one so that the two avatars are not associated with each other. You will need two email addresses to play so if you only have one, create a new one and forward messages to the old one. Signups will end September 27th and the game will start on or shortly after the 28th. You should pm me so that I know the real identity of each of your avatars.

This will give each player two chances to win the game and make the game last longer. Also it will add to the mystery of who is who and who is even in the game. The good players also won't be such easy targets. There can be lots of strategy about how you craft your message and using or not using punctuation, spelling or whatever to hide your identity or pretend you are someone else.

Rules:

~Players create two avatars and pm me the true identity.

~Both players avatars will be aligned on the same team innocent or mafia. Players may reveal their true identity as they choose.

~Day cycles will last a maximum of 24 hours. Days will end immediately upon a lynching. Majority abstentions will NOT end a day. The day will also end if all players vote or state they are abstaining.

~Night cycles will last a maximum of 24 hours or will end upon all night actions being complete.

~A lynching will occur upon a majority vote among remaining players. If the full day cycle expires, the most votes will decide the lynch victim. Tie votes will be decided by the first person to reach the final vote tally. The majority vote (the hammer) will be in effect - no votes after the hammer will count and prior votes can not be changed.

~Each players avatar will begin each day cycle with their vote cast as "abstain". Each players's avatar gets one vote each except the governor(s) who gets two. The avatars can vote differently and are free to abstain.

~Do not edit posts.

~The order of night actions will go Block, Lockup, Protection, Kills (simultaneously)

~Players and role will be revealed upon death.

~PMing day and night is fine but do not quote PMs or break normal forum rules. You can use the regular forums (either one) if you figure out who someone is.

~Due to possible double killing and/or kill-blocking roles, the game will not end until an entire side is eliminated!

~Game will start with a night cycle.

~Players that either avatar dies may post their graveyard postings in the thread so long as they don't reveal any game information.

~I will post day and night results in each forum but players should only post in the game forum. Be careful about which avatar you are logged in as.

Possible Roles:
There may be zero, one or more of any of the following roles:

Win with the mafia:
~Godfather (Leader of the mafia, appears Innocent to investigations. Each night decides the mafia target and chooses which mafioso to send to do the killing. Can send themselves or any other person. If the godfather dies than a random mafia member is chosen to be the acting godfather but they won't turn up innocent to investigation. If they are a mafia roleblocker or mafia doctor they can still use their ability and send someone else to make a kill)
~Mafia Roleblocker (Targets one player each night and blocks whatever action they might perform that night. Can not block if being sent to perform a kill)
~Mafia Doctor (Can protect themselves and can protect the same person in back to back nights) Can not protect if being sent to perform a kill)
~Mafia Goon (Standard mafia member)

Win with the town:
~Sheriff (Can investigate one person at night and detect if someone is innocent or mafia)
~Deputy (Takes over if sheriff dies. Receives all their investigations)
~Doctor (Can protect themselves and can protect the same person in back to back nights)
~Nurse (Takes over if doctor is killed)
~Jailkeeper(Selects one person to "lock up" at night. Protects their target from any attack, but also prevents them from performing any night action. The jailkeeper can not lock up them self, and can choose to not lock up anyone)
~Vigilante (Able to perform a night kill)
~Commuter (Immune to night-kills (not a night movement), Comes up as guilty in investigation)
~Governor (Vote counts twice)
~Psychopath (If lynched, kills the person who hammered them)
~Medium (Is informed during the night how many mafia were involved in the prior day's lynching)
~Night Watchman (Watches one person and learns if anyone performs a night action upon them (and who). Will not see any blocked actions. Does not know what action was performed)
~Tracker - (Follows one person at night, learns if they performed any night action (and upon whom). Will not see any blocked actions. Does not know what action was performed)
~Friendly Neighbor (Once during the game can send a moderator messaged friendly greeting that confirms their town-allegiance to their selected target)
~Vanilla Townie (Standard innocent)
Last edited by mud on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Re: Luxtoberfest Mafia XXXVII (The Avatars)

Post by WhirlPlaid » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 pm

kill clubie first

well played, clown.

mud
n00b educator

Re: Mafia XXXVII (Avatars)

Post by mud » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:35 am

Well its been 24 hours and not one person has signed up despite about 50 views and a dozen people checking it out. Someone registered an account but didn't announce themselves. So either not enough interest or the extra step of making an account was one step to much.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Rhye reminds mud that if someone was to notice when a player was online on the forums... and then see an account created.

Perhaps I'm just being optimistic, but I think we're just being cautious.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Fair enough, I will keep it open and see what we get. By the way, this forum you can be logged in incognito and the forum i created, no one would know who you are.

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Give it time, mud. Not everyone has migrated over to these forums. And Luxtoberfest, while fast approaching, is still a few weeks off.

Which reminds me, you still need to order your robe.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 pm

RogueMonk wrote:Give it time, mud. Not everyone has migrated over to these forums. And Luxtoberfest, while fast approaching, is still a few weeks off.
Well I posted it over there too.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 pm

So whats wrong with the normal way of playing Mafia?!

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Kjos wrote:So whats wrong with the normal way of playing Mafia?!
This way you get two avatars and two votes so it is much less likely you will get eliminated on the first night. There is a lot of strategy about how you choose to use each character and play it off the other and vote.

Also there is anonymity for the good players, they are less likely to be targeted early on.

Why not give it a try? You might like it.

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Also if the mafia game goes well in the new forums I may just keep the forums and expand them to include lux topics of conversation. You cant get enough forums. :roll:

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:09 pm

What annoys me is that you have to have email verification. Makes the process of creating multiple accounts very annoying, unless you're allowed multiple accounts with the same email (I haven't tried).

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Rhye wrote:What annoys me is that you have to have email verification. Makes the process of creating multiple accounts very annoying, unless you're allowed multiple accounts with the same email (I haven't tried).
Yeah sorry about that, you need a spare email to play. Here is a disposable email service that jesterme dug up: I think you don't need to sign up but you will have to log in to see messages you wont get a notification. http://www.mailinator.com/

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:26 am

I don't support this alternate forum use.
One there would be no archive of the mafia within sillysoft for future referance,
and the alternate alias option is only begging to be used and abused.

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:50 pm

They can prolly import it for the archives once completed.

/me defers to capt. para for clarification...

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:54 am

I think if someone wants to cheat that bribery is a bigger problem. I know for a fact that our host can be bought off for much less than you would expect.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm personally going to pass on this game of Mafia. But I hope you get a ton of people and have an amazing time!

Gl you guys!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Kjos wrote:I'm personally going to pass on this game of Mafia. But I hope you get a ton of people and have an amazing time!

Gl you guys!
Zomg. Kjos passing on mafia? Armageddon has come

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:57 pm

Yeah, if ever I needed a sure sign that this is dead that was it.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Re: Mafia XXXVII (Canceled)

Post by Rhye » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:46 pm

We all know that no Mafia Fraud will ever top Mazza's.

/thread 8)

(Rhye is can be like Lux Llama too... you know, except actually funny.) ;)

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Why were these comments just marked as unread going way back?

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 pm

('cause the thread was moved from one sub-forum to another. Sorry about that.)

mud
n00b educator

Post by mud » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:23 am

What the hell are all you fools doing mucking up my dead mafia thread?

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:46 am

Check it out: My first split topic. I tried to remove all the mafia-irrelevant discussions from your pristine thread, so you may proceed with your Blackjack and Hookers, mud!

(split thread can be found here)

p.s. "Blackjack and Hookers" sounds like a great idea for a Luxtoberfest Forum Game....must investigate

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:59 am

n00less cluebie wrote:p.s. "Blackjack and Hookers" sounds like a great idea for a Luxtoberfest Forum Game....must investigate
I would prefer "Mahjong with Monks" or, if we have to, "Poker with Priests".

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Just as long as the priests aren't poking the hookers....That ALWAYS ends poorly.