Mafia XXXVII - Castle Lux Ness :: Game Thread!

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Re: Mafia XXXVII - Castle Lux Ness :: Game Thread!

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Umm, uh, what?

(If he's just forwarding you a copy of his initial role description from TSK, then that's not proof of anything. Easily forged.)

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Ok I got a rule clarification, (I'm within the rules)

Wp is for sure a towns players, I know this caused me to lose Owned as a ally because he thinks its cheating. I think taking risks like this is what makes Mafia super fun!

I'm going to vote for a player who I've seen look at the forums a lot but not say anything,

I vote for Mumps.

Para has made good points, I learned that a random number thing chooses our roles for us and its not hand picked. My mistake for saying you. I thought TSK would make you Mafia because you'd be great at it, doesn't work like that, my bad. I'd rather kill a non voter then WP who I now know is a good guy.

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:38 pm

One real good way to find whether or not someone is innocent or guilty...

Voting Whirl

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:41 pm

I vote Whirlnuts before he steals my bride

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:56 pm

So far I'm counting:

4 Votes for Whirl
1 Vote for Mumps

Dang I tried EVERYTHING I could!

1 hours 3 minutes left.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 pm

25 minutes left.....

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:26 pm

I dunno. If Whirly faked his screenshot message to Kjos, then it's a good one, but I don't like the way things have played out thus far. I'm willing to switch to Mumps or any other silent player if everyone agrees soon.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm

WP didn't even vote for anyone... That's what I'm most upset about right now

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:37 pm

I am staying with whirl. Not because I think he is definitely guilty. But because I definitely think he is going to try and get me lynched as soon as there is one other vote against me. Every post he has written includes some gentle suggestion or outright accusation that I am mafia. I don't see that changing.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Agreed, Kjos. I don't get the Whirly non-vote either. Mass abstention was never a realistic possibility.

∞ paranoiarodeo shrugs ∞

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Good lluck all. Be safe this night. I am called away. See you in the morning. (meaning I will not be here in the next 17 minutes to respond to anything else that happens today.)

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Castle Lux Ness :: Night Three

Post by The Silken Knot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Mafia XXXVII :: Castle Lux Ness :: Night Three

WhirlPlaid has been accused of Acts Against The Crown, and has been taken to The Tower, to be summarily executed at Dawn. He can take no actions (including item transfers) whilst incarcerated.

It is now Night Three. There is no posting in the thread during the Night phase. You are free to communicate with each other via PM, though. Anyone wishing to transfer or use a special item in their possession, or to take a Night action allowed by their role, should PM me before the Night is over.

Night Three will end at 9:59 PM EST (US) on Friday, January 23rd.

Good luck, all!

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Castle Lux Ness :: Day Three

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Mafia XXXVII :: Castle Lux Ness :: Day Three

WhirlPlaid had decided that he quite enjoyed the view from The Tower.

He initially wasn't thrilled to think it was the last sight he would ever see, and raged for a bit at the cruel fate that had landed him here...but then his philosophical side won out, and now he calmly watched as the horizon became ever so slightly brighter. He heard footsteps on the stairs. As was his wont, he had removed his kilt for the Night. He reached for it now, and steeled himself face the inevitable. His jailer opened the wooden cell door and ushered in an august personage. "Yer free ta go, mahnnie". WhirlPlaid took in the news immediately, and ran down the winding back staircase as fast as he possibly could, not even pausing to put on the kilt. He wasn't giving anyone the opportunity to change their mind!

You would think WhirlPlaid would have learned his lesson about streaking in Mafia. It was a little awkward untangling himself when he tripped over the pair of bodies that had been unceremoniously dumped in the rarely used backstairs to The Tower, awaiting burial.

• WhirlPlaid was pardoned, and will return to the game.
    Owned was killed during the Night. Owned was The Ginger, Master of Disguise (Mafia Investigator).
    SnyperEye was killed during the Night. SnyperEye was The Physicker(Doctor).
It is now Day Three You may discuss the events of the Night, and vote to send one of your number to The Tower for execution at dawn, if you wish. Day Three will end at 9:59 PM EST (US) on Saturday, January 24th.

REMINDER! Night Four, which begins at 10PM on Saturday, January 24th, is RABBIE BURNS NIGHT! Wear your very plaiddest kilts...and beware the HAGGIS!

Good luck, all!

Edited to add names to pic...
Last edited by The Silken Knot on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Kjos wrote:We have 3 hours to vote people
If you have a power or something that can help us discover the truth MESSAGE OWNED and let him know!
Wanna explain why you encouraged everyone to share their secrets with The Ginger aka mafia investigator?

(Anyone who has shared info with Kjos should assume he told Owned and thus the entire mafia too.)

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:22 pm

/me cackles in his grave

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:01 am

Llux Llama blinks in the morning sun having Llived through another Llong night.

Blink blink blink

Llux Llama Llistens to the town cryer. She thinks for a moment that she still must be asleep.

Pardoned? There are 2 Governors?
Owned is Mafia?
Bugger. Bugger. Mafia?
We lost the physiker.

Kjos? Kjos claimed to be the Physicker. There could be 2 Physickers only he ALSO Claimed to be protecting owned last night. AND Owned is dead. And Owned is Mafia. I was talking with owned. Me, Kjos, and Owned were talking together. I was just starting to talk to Schro but she did not yest trust me and would not take off her cloths. No nono. Sorry. She would not give me any information and I did not press her. So unless she told owned directly whatever she knows should be safe. That's it. That's all I know.

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:07 am

How is Owned even dead? The archer. How did the archer know? The constable or the seeker stone or whatever it's called.

Kjos.

Llux LLama shakes her head.

KJOS!!!!!!!!

You deserve an honorary diploma from the royal theater. I believed in you with no reservation. Bloody hell. Bugger it all! :torch: :torch: :torch:

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:15 am

Makes soooo much since now why Owned was SO pissed out the whole screenshot thing, because he wanted WP who is a good guy to die. I'm more than happy to have owned gone because holy shit I trusted that guy...wrongly of course.

You guys, let's go after people who are not ACTIVE!!!!!! Come on!

I have decided after talking with some people that I'm too "crazy" with my voting, and will wait till more information comes in to form a vote,

DO NOT FORGET - WP is a good guy!!! Do not vote for him!!!!! 100% GOOD GUY.

PM, message me on here, I will answer all quesitons regarding me role to whom ever.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:28 am

People who have not said anything (or anything other then blah):

engie
jesterme
Markus Tulus
Mumps
plummy

Let's start picking these guys off one at a time, if you have the power to kill people off, and want to go for it, pick one of these people. Yes a good chance there is 1-2 towns people in there, but good chance theres more then a few Mafia in there. That's how I look at inactive players.

And I've said this once and I will say it again, I've seen Mumps on THIS forum MANY times, and he hasn't said anything, he is keeping a close eye on everything. That's all I have for now.

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:35 am

Though I see the social merit in threatening to execute quiet townsfolk, That fact alone does not imply guilt.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:00 am

This quote to me speaks MILES on why inactive non-talkers are more likely Mafia.

"The physiological stress of sustained lying degrades the initial ability of mafiosi to deceive the innocents.... especially if the innocents can get the town emotionally involved in the game's outcome......If you're trying to feign shock or anger, it's much harder to do over a long period. People accused of something they're trying to hide will start out feigning outrage – 'How dare you ask me that?' But that will start to change to objection rather than shock, as it's psychologically very difficult to mimic emotion."

What that quote I found on the internet about the game Mafia is saying to me is that it's just straight up hard to lie for a long period of time. So better to be hidden. Maybe I'm just looking for reasons to kill people who arn't playing, I don't know, but I'd rather them die then anyone else that is talking, at the moment that is.

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:08 am

Wow. I am impressed. Nice research. NIce dedication.

Markus Tulus
Luxer

Post by Markus Tulus » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:36 am

I was greatly saddened to hear of the death of Snyper, as both a physician and a stout townsman. Also for poor Owned, though I find it difficult to swallow that he was a gangster.

Rest in peace lads.

Markus Tulus
Luxer

Post by Markus Tulus » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:38 am

Kjos wrote:This quote to me speaks MILES on why inactive non-talkers are more likely Mafia.

"The physiological stress of sustained lying degrades the initial ability of mafiosi to deceive the innocents.... especially if the innocents can get the town emotionally involved in the game's outcome......If you're trying to feign shock or anger, it's much harder to do over a long period. People accused of something they're trying to hide will start out feigning outrage – 'How dare you ask me that?' But that will start to change to objection rather than shock, as it's psychologically very difficult to mimic emotion."

What that quote I found on the internet about the game Mafia is saying to me is that it's just straight up hard to lie for a long period of time. So better to be hidden. Maybe I'm just looking for reasons to kill people who arn't playing, I don't know, but I'd rather them die then anyone else that is talking, at the moment that is.
Hey Kjos, glad to see you “know” your psych 101. However, the logic that a player is not participating simply because they are not spraying their opinion all over the wall, is both flawed, and tragic.

engie
Lux Dynamo

Post by engie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:44 am

I'm here and I'm a plain ole innocent. I'd rather you not pick me off.

Markus Tulus
Luxer

Post by Markus Tulus » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:06 pm

On the lighter side, this brings new meaning to the phrase, “swims with the fishes”.*

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=534376

The photographer here, btw, is standing on a paddle-board.

*Even though technically they are mammals.

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Again, we've gotta vote for someone, if only to begin forcing some conversation and self-defense during daytime. If all Englishmen abstain, then it only takes one mafia member to cast a last minute vote, and we've lost another member of our clan. Right now, we've got three outta eleven (27.3%) Scotsmen in our midst; up from the original four outta fifteen (26.7%). It's a fine balance right now, but if Englishmen lose two more by lynching and nighttime assassination, then things are gonna get a little dicey.

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:17 pm

I'm very unsure who to trust at this point. Owned had seemed innocent to me, but clearly I was wrong there. Llux Llama and Kjos both have been playing the innocent card and seemingly working together, and wanted to vote out Whirl, but Whirl is an innocent, and kjos was working with owned, so that doesn't look good to him. Kjos also wanted para out, so if kjos is guilty by association, then maybe para really is innocent. But then again maybe kjos was truly tricked by owned and is himself innocent. Which negates all of these other things I've said. If any innocents want to reach out, I would love to have conversations and try to start putting the pieces of this puzzle together. I have good information to share, but I'm very hesitant to share it with anyone, because everyone is so damn confusing right now! :(

paranoiarodeo
Semiholy Exile

Post by paranoiarodeo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Either Kjos and Whirly are innocent or they're attempting a doubly clever gambit by forging screenshots of their role descriptions. I won't rule out the latter, but for now, I'll assume they're innocent until something outta the ordinary happens that causes me to reassess their allegiance.

I should point out that Llama did reveal Kjos's supposed role. I'm not entirely sure why she'd do so in public unless she was trying get him killed. Three possibilities: 1. She's English and convinced that Kjos is Scottish; 2. She's Scottish and trying to putt him under a cloud of suspicion; 3. She English but jumped the gun and outed Kjos before being certain of his guilt.

Kjos wrote:The fact Para is turning on Llama, and Owned are even MORE reason for him to be killed. I'm not about to say ALL the reason why I know Owned and Llama to be good, but I know they are. Para turning on them means hes basically naming "good" guys in my book.
I guess I'm still not satisfied with Kjos's explanation of why he trusted Owned. Personally, I'd like to hear "all of the reasons" why he "knew" Owned to be English. Maybe Kjos is just scatterbrained and pinballing around without any clue? Or crazy like a fox?

:hmm:

Llama LluxaLlot
Llux Lliaison

Post by Llama LluxaLlot » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:09 pm

I woke up this morning and discovered 2 things.

Owned was a stinkin' Scotsman. Kjos had lied to me. Kjos had 100 percent trust in Owned. Fair enough. But he told me that he was the Physicker and that he would protect Owned last night. Owned, mafia or not, was not protected. Snypereye turned out to be the physicker. It seemed to me that Kjos was full of lies. Owned, Kjos and I had aligned ourselves. Since Owned and Kjos both seemed to be guilty as sin, I figured I was in over my head, and sang like a bird into the town hall. It was clear that SOMEONE in town is figuring out what's what better than I am. To unburden myself of information and defer to the wisdom of my townsfolk seemed to be the best decision for everybody.