Mafia XYZ: Matt Damon Must Die!

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Mafia XYZ: Matt Damon Must Die!

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Player List and Rules are here.
Roles and Goodies Descriptions are here.
The Game begins here.

Dear Charming Luxers...
  • Kjos has come through and managed to persuade (*coughcough*) nine of his brethren to sign up for the latest iteration of Lux Mafia...
    MAFiA XYZ: MATT DAMON MUST DIE! The game will begin on Sunday, December 4th. If any players have restrictions due to the festive season, please let me know. This should be a nice short one.

I'll be posting up a scenario, rules and roles in the next couple of days. PLEASE READ THEM, as there may be some non-standard quirks. And if any more of Kjos' brethren (or, especially, sistren) would like to sign up, please feel free to do so here or in the sign up thread. As long as I see your post early on Sunday, you'll be in.

If you can't make it this time, be sure sign up for MAFIA LUX-MAS EDITION, which promises to be a blast!
TSK :smt049

Dear Lovely Matt Damon the Award-Winning Thespian,

• This should not be construed as a threat, or even a disparagement, of you. The "Matt Damon" who must die is certainly not you. I think you're peachy. I've even convinced fellow Luxers to donate to water.org. So if you or your minions happen to come across this corner of the internet... please don't sue me!
Last edited by The Silken Knot on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Players and Rules

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:34 pm

THE PLAYERS
  • Centrico
    Dangerous Beans IN THE AIRLOCK NIGHT 4
    George874
    Kjos
    Lantern
    magpie, The CAPTAIN: KILLED NIGHT 3
    n00less cluebie
    Red Beard The DOCTOR: KILLED NIGHT 2
    Rogue Monk, VANILLA MARTIAN: KILLED NIGHT 3
    Symbiosis, The PILOT: VOTED OFF DAY 3
THE RULES
  • Schedule: The game starts at Night. Each Day is 24 hours. Each Night is 24 hours. Days and Nights start at 8pm EST and end at 7:59pm the following day.

Night Phase: Players with Night actions should PM their moves to me. Players with goodies in their possession can also opt to use their item at Night, keep the item, or transfer the goody to another player. One transfer of any item per Night Items may not be used by the new owner the same Night received.

Day Phase: During the day, all players can vote to Lynch a player. Cast your vote by posting it in this thread. You may also abstain by posting that in the thread. If you don't post a vote or abstain by the deadline, it will count as a vote against you.

The player(s) with the most votes against them will be Imprisoned in the Aiirlock, and may not take any action at Night. If there’s a tie, multiple players will be Imprisoned. Players in Airlock can’t perform any actions, or transfer any goodies. At dawn the following morning, one player (randomly chosen from those in Airlock) will be flushed into the cold, cold void of space. Any other player(s) will be returned to the game.

General Info: Please follow all Lux forum rules, especially the one about not posting PMs. Don’t edit your posts, and don't post in the thread at Night. Or else!

Martians will know the identity of all Martians at the beginning of the game, Crew Members will only know their own roles. If you have any questions, please PM me or post them here,
Last edited by The Silken Knot on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Roles and Goodies

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:28 pm

ROLES: THE CREW
There can be no more than one of each role, except Redshirts.
  • The Captain: Head honcho of this tin can. Keeps her/his fingers on the pulse of the USS Luxcelsior, and is intent on rooting out any problems ASAP. Each Night, The Captain can investigate one player for their affiliation (Crew or Martian). The snag? Matt Damon, his counterpart on Team Martian, will show as Crew (innocent) if investigated. He's a wily one, that Matt.

The Pilot: Second in command. The Pilot has a nice easy cruise in store... unless The Captain dies. Then, The Pilot takes over her/his role and can investigate instead.

Major Tom: Communications Officer. Could be the solution to all the crew's problems... if only the comms were working properly. Major Tom is the only one who can jiggle the knows and bring in Ground Control... sometimes. Ground Control knows all, sees all, and would love to answer all of Major Tom's questions. Sadly, Major Tom can only ask for one identity per Night... and will only receive the answer 50% of the time (determined by coin flip). The upside? GC will give the actual role, not just the affiliation of the person being investigated.

The Sanitation Officer: Keeps the ship spic-and-span. And if sometimes a goody or two finds its way into the SO's personal locker... it doesn't make him/her a thief. Or does it?

The Doctor: Can protect or heal one player per Night, including her/himself... but cannot protect the same player two nights in a row.

The Nurse: Lets The Doctor take all the glory, and do all the work. But is more than capable of stepping in if The Doctor is unable to perform her/ his duty due to death or imprisonment.

The Technician: Has the ability ONE TIME ONLY to release a player from the Airlock.

The Bounty Hunter: The only crew member with a weapon (excluding any goodies). The Bounty Hunter can target one player each Night for death... but doesn't need to. Players protected by The Doctor (or Nurse) can't be killed by The Bounty Hunter. If The Bounty Hunter targets and kills The Captain, she/he will also die. Horribly. Stabbed to death by the crew, with little plastic knives.

The Redshirt(s): Crew member(s) with no special abilities, apart from voting.
ROLES: THE MARTIANS
There can be no more than one of each role, except Vanilla Martians.
  • Matt Damon: Yep. No longer playing for the home team, Matt Damon is the Martian leader. Each Night, he can send one Martian to attempt a kill on a crew member. Matt should name a Martian player to take over in case of death. Matt appears as innocent to investigations, except GC messages to Major Tom.

Marvin the Martian: Cute, cuddly, and prone to sneaking goodies into the pushbin he's never without. A thief? You betcha.

Vanilla Martian(s): Martian(s) with no special abilities, apart from voting.
GOODIES
Each Night, all goodies can be
1) used as indicated in its description,
2) kept for later use,
3) passed off to another player, or
4) stolen by a thief (Marvin the Martian or Crew Member The Sanitation Officer.)
If a goody is passed off to another player or stolen, no further action can be taken until the following Night,
  • The Silver Bullet: Immediate death to the target, unless they are protected by The Doctor or The Nurse. The target is identified by role rather than player name (i.e., Major Tom, not Lux name). The Silver Bullet is good for one use only, effective Night 3 or later. If the role named has more than one live player (Vanilla Martin or Redshirt), the death will be randomly selected.

The QXR Time Freeze Ray: Set the Freeze Ray by PMing a time to me, and any votes the next dat AFTER that time will be invalid, Single use only.

Night Vision Goggles: Allow the possessor to see all actions of the tracked target for one Night only. May be used twice during the game.
Last edited by The Silken Knot on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Re: Mafia XYZ: Matt Damon Must Die!

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:25 pm

TSK is teasing us by releasing role info one by one !!!

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:29 pm

Is she trying to break the edits record for a post?

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Dangerous Beans wrote:Image

The years have not been kind to puppet Matt Damon!

:cry:

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:18 pm

Woooooo! Can't wait till those names get pulled out of the hat! TEAM AMERICA! F*CK YEAH!

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:02 pm

I've just added Goodies to the Roles post above. Everyone should have received their roles via PM. If you haven't, let me know!!

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:48 am

Night One has begun.
Please PM any night actions to me by 8 PM EST (noon Australia, 5 PM Left Coast US).

Matt Damon was normally not the sort to hold a grudge.

But being left for dead on Mars, running out of rations and being forced to resort to some pretty unorthodox farming methods was enough to turn even the most gentle astrobotanist into a revenge-hungry brute. Sure, the crew ultimately came back for him... but by then his heart was hardened. He had become The Martian.

Smuggling his cleverly-disguised minions aboard the USS Luxcelsior with him, he was intent on making sure the Crew knew exactly how it felt to realize they'd never see Earth again. Alive.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Night One will end in 3 hours. Please send any instructions to me via PM....

:smt077

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:DAY ONE BEGINS
DAMN NEWBIE MOD DELETED MY POST!

:smt013

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Well my fellow Mafia Innocents....

This is my FIRST time as a Mafia Innocent :smt083 , so being the transparent fool that I am... :smt103

I am going to let it ALL hang out... :smt104

I have hatched a scheme to win this for out team... It is going to put a BIG ASS bullseye :deadhorse on my back but if we all play ball we may weed out these bloody Martians in NO TIME.

So here it is..

I AM THE TECHNICIAN...

Now you have 2 options....

#1) Trust me and EVERYONE send me your roles NOW (anyone that delays is obviously an evil martian taking the time to coordinate with the other evil martians)... I will serve as the keeper of the roles, sort out the villains and facilitate our moves going forward, the rest of you lovely innocents will try to keep me alive, and we have this great power to use in the future.

#2) VOTE ME OFF THE ISLAND - Throw my Heineken in the airlock, I will release myself (wasting this power), proving my innocence, at which point you all send me your roles which gives the evil martians time to coordinate... And we weed people out that way...

Risky? Yes. <my style>

Foolish? Maybe <also my style>

The reality is, I'm a squirrely one so I would likely not last long anyways... at least now my fellow earthlings (sans Matt Damon) has a shot to get a reveal early on.

So bring it on Martians... I trust my fellow innocents to keep me alive...

We are coming for your Matt Damon loving arses and will be turning you into protein drinks on our space ships in no time! :smt077

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:02 pm

So, lets get this straight.

Centrico, your first act as new moderator is to abuse your power by editing and deleting the mafia host's post on the very first day of the game? I'd say that is cheating and I'd hope you are tossed from the game.

Thanks for screwing this up for us.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:05 pm

RogueMonk wrote:So, lets get this straight.

Centrico, your first act as new moderator is to abuse your power by editing and deleting the mafia host's post on the very first day of the game? I'd say that is cheating and I'd hope you are tossed from the game.

Thanks for screwing this up for us.

I didn't realize there was an edit button on other peoples posts, i hit, what i thought was reply.

Not a big deal it said day 1.

Hell, just vote me off, I'll forfeit my power to satisfy your mod blood rage.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Okay.

No one fucking died. Vote or abstain. By 8PM EST tomorrow. But don't expect me to get into it again.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 pm

I thought Lux was more or less self-moderating by now :smt077

I abstain, and I am definitely not going to just send my role along to the first person who claims to be innocent.

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Also Centrico: editing posts in mafia gets you kicked out of the game. Also: if TSK put ANY time and effort into plot development or storytelling and you didn't apologize, you're an asshole on top of being a numbskull.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Symbiosis wrote:Also Centrico: editing posts in mafia gets you kicked out of the game. Also: if TSK put ANY time and effort into plot development or storytelling and you didn't apologize, you're an asshole on top of being a numbskull.
I contacted her apologized to her in PM, but thanks for pointing out the facts.

It happened within minutes of logging in as a MOD for the first time never having interest in editing forum posts. What you don't realize is as a mod there are a number of buttons next to the reply button which are unfamiliar to most people.

I thought i hit reply. What more can I say.

But hey, everyone can vote as they see fit.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:11 pm

FYI this is not the first time A mod deleted a post in mafia. I'm pretty sure Mazda deleted an entire thread once? It's been a while....

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Now THAT was a bonehead move. Poor mazza!

Centrico did apologize for the unintentional edit. So, not an arsehole. At any rate...

• In space, no one can hear you scream.

Sometimes, that's because there are no screams to hear. And sometimes, it's because everyone has on noise-canceling headphones on to block out the sound of The Captain's non-stop disco music. Tonight, it was a bit of both.

But The Captain sensed a disturbance nonetheless. The first order of business tomorrow would be to unearth any potential dangers to the Crew...
It is now Day One. No one died in the Night.
Players may vote to eject one player, or abstain in this thread, before 7:59 PM EST tomorrow.
If you do neither, it will count as a vote against yourself.

The player(s) with the most votes against them as of the deadline will be sent to the Airlock... to await freedom, or The Big Flush.

Good luck!

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:48 pm

I will Abstain for now.

The question is do we trust Centrico and tell him our roles or wait for more info?

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Centrico should voluntarily take himself out of the game....or be ousted.

Accident or not....we can't know. Mafia is based on misdirection, deception, etc. That's why things like editing posts is against the rules Its cheating--intentional or not (we can't know)--its still cheating.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:13 pm

Technically you are right RM, but I think at this point it would be silly to get rid off one of our players who (likely) made a n00b mistake.

I do recall punishing Centrico last mafia when he posted at night/edited his post... you think he would be aware. Maybe he is just a rule breaker with mod powers now. A scary thought. :smt071

What was the post he deleted? Some more clarification on that would help remove suspicion.

:smt018

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:16 pm

It was just the scenario and Night One results, which I sort of reposted. No one died! Poor Mr. Damon....

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:23 pm

I'll gladly quit if it's what TSK wants monk, the only reason I haven't is out of respect for the work she put into hosting this.

Technically I did not "edit" my own post I attempted to reply by "quoting" hers something that I would have been unable to do hour (maybe 2) earlier when I was not a mod.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:29 pm

I'll abstain for now. I'm not quite willing to trust Centrico with everything yet, but neither am I willing to lynch a likely innocent. Maybe our investigators have a lead?

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 pm

You already cheated centrico -- you shouldn't be in the game.

This will be my last post in this thread while centrico is a part of the game.

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:53 pm

Whoa, well this got serious quickly. Not sure why it has to be so dramatic RM. I'm not sure what happened exactly but it appears to be mostly innocent? Maybe I missed something. Perhaps we can just leave it up
To TSK's decision and leave it at that? It's way too early in the game to be so serious and I would be shocked to find out that centrico willfully hijacked TSKs thread. Just my 2 cents. Oh yeah and abstain. No one died huh? Worth noting. Investigator, best get to work and find a life line! I also agree with symb about not quite trusty cent yet. Very bold move, which may just be hid style, but my only experience with him was when we were both mafia, so it's hard to gauge.