MAFIA SvK v1.1 (Santa vs Krampus) [GAME THREAD | REBOOT]

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
Centrico
Luxer

MAFIA SvK v1.1 (Santa vs Krampus) [GAME THREAD | REBOOT]

Post by Centrico » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Introduction and Player (Status) List here.
Rules and TOTEM Explanation are here.
Roles are here.
The Game begins here.

THE BACK STORY...

Twas only 20 days after Christmas, and Santa was a louse…
Laying around eating cookies, Listening to Johann Strauss;
When in came Will Farrell, trembling with fear…
“What is it?” Said Santa, trying to bestow Will with some cheer.
He replied, “The children’s heads have grown selfish”
"No naps for ma and pa, no matter how hard they might wish…"
"No more sugar plums dancing in the boys and girls heads…"
"It was all me, me, me, mine, mine, thats all they ever said!"
The Nice list was empty, while the naughty list was fully flush!
News of this made the North Polians panic and cry like mushy mush.
So what was Santa to do? Alas, there was but one thing he could do…
From now on he’d only keep one list, never again would there be two!
Well when Krampus came for his list of naughty children, which had been his menu over the years…
Rather than keep with tradition, the cocky lil elves met him with laughing and jeers!
For now that the children were all naughty… Santa would no longer share…
Inspite of their harmonious dealings millennia after millennia, yea, year after year…
Yes the oath long honored betwixt them had been broken, the die had been cast…
No more would there be peace, for it was war between Krampus and Santa at last!

PLAYER LIST and STATUS:

1. KJOS - ALIVE
2. The Silken Knot - ALIVE
3. n00less cluebie - DIED (PERCHTEN)
4. magpie - ALIVE
5. Dangerous Beans - DIED (SANTA)
6. Red Beard -ALIVE
7. Symbiosis - ALIVE
8. George874 - DIED (CLARICE)
9. Lantern - ALIVE
Last edited by Centrico on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:42 am, edited 24 times in total.

Centrico
Luxer

Re: MAFIA SvK v1.0 (Santa vs Krampus) [GAME THREAD]

Post by Centrico » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:26 pm

THE RULES

Schedule: The game starts @ 8pm EST on January 18th on a daytime cycle. Each Day is 24 hours. Each Night is 24 hours. Days and Nights start at 8pm EST and end at 7:59pm the following day.

Night Phase: Players with Night actions should PM their moves to me.

Day Phase: During the day, all players can vote to Lynch a player. Cast your vote by posting it in this thread. You may also abstain by posting that in the thread. If you don't post a vote or abstain by the deadline, it will count as a vote against you.

Voting & Prison: The player(s) with the most votes against them will be Imprisoned in the Ice Cage, and may not take any action at Night. If there’s a tie, multiple players will be Imprisoned. Players in the Ice Cage can’t perform any actions, nor can players outside of the Ice Cage attack, investigate, etc. the players within the Ice Cage... At dawn the following morning, one player (randomly chosen from those in the Ice Cage) will be dragged down into the icy water, in true Mafia fashion, to be fed on by the fishes. Any other player(s) will be returned to the game.

Attacks: Attacks take place stealthily at night... Failed attacks do not yield a report of any nature that would reveal the role of the target. You will simply be told "Attack landed and failed." The one exception to this is failure due to being "stunned". If you are stunned you will be told that you have been stunned.

General Info: Please follow all Lux forum rules, especially the one about not posting PMs. Don’t edit your posts, and don't post in the thread at Night. Or else!

Villains will know the identity of all Villains at the beginning of the game, North Polians will only know their own roles. If you have any questions, please PM me or post them here,

THE SPIRIT OF CHAOTIC GIVING: "The Polar Totem of Resurrection"

Each morning 3 pieces of a totem will be randomly passed out to randomly selected players (unknown to everyone but them). When assembled they create “The Polar Totem of Resurrection”. This totem, when assembled gives the possessor the ability to resurrect any 1 player 1 time in a calendar year (in other words it only works once per game). During the day cycle you can freely transfer the totem portions between each other as you see fit in the forum.

If you chose to hide your section silently no one will be the wiser, but all totem transfers will take place in public… why? Because it’s a flippin’ totem pole, and they are HUGE! You can’t lug it from one place to the next in broad day light without being seen doing so.

In the spirit of gift giving, you can re-gift or ‘ding-dong-ditch’ your totem section with or without another player’s consent as much as you like, however, it must be done publicly in the forum. In other words you can keep us guessing whether the receiver knows what they are getting or not. Just ‘leave it on their doorstep’ However, all merges must take place in the forum. If you are holding 2 individual sections and you want them merged you must post “MERGE TOTEM SECTIONS” (any variation of this is acceptable) in the forum. At which time you will have 2 days (merge day included as this is a payable day over which you have an advantage) to either find the next section, re-gift/ding-dong-ditch it to someone else.

1 Totem section (in single stand alone form) = Transferred at dawn of each day. Each morning it will de-materialize and re-materialize in the home (secretly) of a random player.

2 Combined Totem sections = Can be held for 2 days before it de-materializes and re-spawns in the home of a random player

3 Combined Totem sections = Can be held indefinitely and used/transferred at will, you will be automatically protected in the event of an attack or lynching but the totem will be consumed as a result. Due to the automatic nature of this protection your affiliation/role will not be revealed.

Be careful who you give your Totem sections to… All totem sections must be transferred in public. A totem section’s transfer “clock” is based on the day it is first spawned or “MERGED”. You cannot simply play hot potato and pass it around to a companion to reset the clock (i.e. transfer back and forth to keep your 2 day clock advantage).

If a player dies while owning a totem section it will be spawned back into play in sync with its next scheduled transfer. That is the following morning for a single section or 1 day later for a merged double section.

NOTE: In the event that the totem is not fully assembled by the time only 3 players remain it will cease to exist in the game.

Totem Bluffs: While you MAY claim to have a totem in your possession to your lil heart's content. You MAY NOT perform FICTITIOUS TRANSFERS. These, fictitious transfers, are expressly forbidden and will result in you losing your vote and getting one vote added to your tally for the day.
Last edited by Centrico on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:28 pm

INNOCENT ROLES (Santa and the North Polians)

Note: there may be ZERO, ONE, or more of each of the following roles.

Santa: Santa, armed with his jelly belly and lists has the ability to survive nightly attacks from Perchten at a 50% success rate but is a one hit wonder where Krampus is concerned. Santa can be killed by Krampus on a single attack, but may requires multiple attack rolls from Perchten (50/50 chance of survival, each attack will be determined with an actual coin flip). Santa has the ability to check one individual each night to determine if they are “naughty or nice”… Alas, trained in the art of super sleuthery from years of eating naughty children, Krampus will appear innocent at first glance, Santa will have to check him twice to be sure of his affiliation. To further taint the eggnog Bumble the Abominable, due to his bully nature, will also appear as Naughty at first glance. He will need to be checked twice as well.

Rudolph: Outcast, known for wandering around at night... His red nose has made him uniquely suited for ferreting out hidden information. He has a 70% chance of getting back affiliation vs an ambiguous physical attribute as a result of each night’s efforts.

In other words, you have a 30% chance that you will get useless info such as:

---You investigated "Bob". Bob does not have antlers.
---You investigated "Martha", she does not have a red nose.

While you have a 70% chance of getting:

---You investigated "Bob" and he is North Polian.
---You investigated "Martha", she is NOT North Polian.

Clarice: The biggest heart in the winter wonderland, Clarice can protect/cure one player each night. However, Clarice gets around... Never the same player 2 nights in a row.

Frosty the Snowman: Can use his/her magic snowballs in order to attack a player. Only gets 2 magic snowballs per game. If frosty attempts to attack an innocent frosty will die instead… Why you say? Well, being self-conscious, overwhelmed by embarrassment his/her cheeks will turn red causing him/her to melt into a puddle.

Bumble (Abominable Snow Monster): The biggest bully in the north, this player will need to be attacked or lynched twice in order to be gotten rid off. Bumble has the special ability to stun/traumatize a player each night. Effectively preventing the targeted individual from taking any action that evening. Krampus is immune to bumble’s stunning personality.

The Elves: The only innocents with the know how to assemble the “Polar Totem of Resurrection” all at once, in a singe day… Other innocents can only merge 2 sections in a single day. Due to the knowledge gained from the vast number of non-Santa serving elves the Perchten have captured over the years, Perchten can assemble the totem in a single day.

VILLAIN ROLES (Krampus and the Perchten Hoards)

Note: there may be ONE or more of each of the following roles.

NOTE: Krampus will PM me the Mafia attacker's name each night. If the chosen attacker is 'stunned' by Bumble the same night then the attack will fail. In the event that Krampus dies the remaining Perchten will decide who attacks each night, this decision must be PM'd to me to count. Only one villain can attack per night, Krampus can only be used for attacks on ODD nights (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc.) due to his feeding schedule. The only exception to this rule is in the event that all Perchten are dead, then out of desperation Krampus will skip meals to exact vengeance.

Krampus: The only villain that can "one-hit" Santa. Due to his hearty diet of naughty children which are high in calcium and protein he is incredibly tough to kill and will need to be attacked/lynched twice (i.e. one attack & one lynch, or two lynchings).

Perchten: No special abilities, apart from attack rotation, voting and being able to assemble the totem in a single day.
Last edited by Centrico on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:58 pm

FAQ/HOST RESPONSE

Due to time zone challenges all actions are simultaneous and if they conflict I use a randomizer to determine order.

If (user A) attacks (user B) AND (user B[or another user]) attacks (user A)

Then I will flip a coin to determine who acted first...

Its not fair to use PM submission time/order because of the time zone challenges...

EXCEPTION (action order)...

1. Bumble's STUN ability is FIRST
2. Clarice's Healing/Protection
3. Attacks/Investigations (coin toss for ties)

Hope that helps, any more questions?
Last edited by Centrico on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Centrico
Luxer

Re: MAFIA SvK v1.1 (Santa vs Krampus) [REBOOTED GAME THREAD]

Post by Centrico » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:55 pm

DAY ONE BEGINS!
Night 1 will begin tomorrow at 8pm EST.

The sun begins to dawn on the north, magically it would seem, earlier than usual, unleashing its light first on the candy cane forest...

The candy cane forest casts its shadows across the Village of the North Polians, eerily depicting the way each felt inside...

Their world felt clouded, unclear, and shrouded in a confusing darkness...

You see, without the "two list system" to guide them, mysteriously, they could no longer recognize each other!

They couldn't make heads or tails of each other's identities its as though all divisions were lost!

To make the situation worse the village now had more occupants than it did the night before...

Who was naughty?
Who was nice?
Who can you trust?!?
Who were these new comers??
Why were they here?!?

Everyone looked at each other suspiciously, of course they all claimed to be a life long occupant of the Village...

:smt077 The time for building a wall had passed! :smt077

Clearly the increased numbers was an indication of war!

Who will make use of their advantages and make the first move?

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Re: MAFIA SvK v1.1 (Santa vs Krampus) [GAME THREAD | REBOOT]

Post by Red Beard » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Well, here we are, and I have a totem. Let's get this puppy back on track!

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:54 pm

I am sorely tempted to vote Kjos, but will abstain for now...

:smt077

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 pm

I abstain

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:44 pm

abstain

magpie
Goat Avenger
Location: Riding with the League of Extraordinary Anti Goatfecking Gentlemen ...

Post by magpie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Ok I have an idea, lets presum there is only one bumble. The choice of bumble is it is the lowest one player.
If bumble contacts me by pm and only bumble we should have a garranted good guy
If by chance there is two we presum one should be lying
Either way it might get us going on the right track
Thoughts??

abstain

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:58 pm

I will abstain for now

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:14 am

Abstain.

How do we know you are innocent mags?

magpie
Goat Avenger
Location: Riding with the League of Extraordinary Anti Goatfecking Gentlemen ...

Post by magpie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:23 am

You don't but the idea is to say this is bumble and we then work out who is who through bumble

And even say I was mafia all I learn is who is bumble is which is no big deal

Just trying to get the ball rolling

I have some other ideas but this the first one

Also it doesn't have to be me this idea has to go through, I'm just putting it out there

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:36 am

magpie wrote:Ok I have an idea, lets presum there is only one bumble. The choice of bumble is it is the lowest one player.
If bumble contacts me by pm and only bumble we should have a garranted good guy
If by chance there is two we presum one should be lying
Either way it might get us going on the right track
Thoughts??

abstain
What The F*ck

Outside of the English errors, here, there is absolutely NO reason for anyone to trust Magpie at this point. If Bumble wants to come forward, that's a possibility, but even if someone claims to be Bumble, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON we should trust that claim on Day 1, and PM'ing this person everyone's role is a quick way to a quick villain win.

Not that I have any proof of magpie's guilt, but this is Shady AF.

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 am

Can't Bumble reveal in the Forums then?

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:42 am

I'm not going to reveal my role and will look with suspicion upon anybody who asks me to do so! Abstain.

magpie
Goat Avenger

Post by magpie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Well let's go another way then

I'm frosty and I will be doing a kjos and killing someone tonight will let you know later then who

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Magpie, I'm an elf, and have a totem, change your snowball to someone else or you will die.

I gift my Totem to Magpie

I abstain

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:57 pm

ok,,,,,,,,, first ,,,,,,,,, I ABSTAIN !!!

Second, I have a portion of the TOTEM. I'm not sure what to do with it,,,,,,,,, should i forward it to RB or Magpie or request that the sections be given to me.

Advice is appreciated .

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:49 pm

So, if Kjos is an elf (or perchten) and RB and George give him their totems, he can assemble it today, correct?

What happens if he's NOT an elf or perchten? Does he keep all three sections (for three days) but can't assemble the totem until the next day?

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:52 pm

My guess would be that any assembled sections would persist to the next day, but the unassembled piece would respawn with a random person.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:So, if Kjos is an elf (or perchten) and RB and George give him their totems, he can assemble it today, correct?

What happens if he's NOT an elf or perchten? Does he keep all three sections (for three days) but can't assemble the totem until the next day?
DING, DING, DING!

SYMBIOSIS is correct. If the players transfer all 3 totem pieces to an individual that does not have the elven crafting skills (skillls known to Perchten players on villain team, elves on innocents) the best they can do is merge 2 sections and then either give the 3rd away or simply allow it to respawn the next morning.

Also worth noting, if the player holds all 3 totem sections and does not merge any of them together then they (all three) will respawn elsewhere at dawn.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:42 pm

So, by merging all 3 parts at once, someone can prove they're an otherwise useless role, but doesn't prove anything about innocence/guilt

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm

n00less cluebie wrote:So, by merging all 3 parts at once, someone can prove they're an otherwise useless role, but doesn't prove anything about innocence/guilt
Yep, and this is by design to ensure that an individual's affiliation is not necessarily revealed from a 3 section merge.

magpie
Goat Avenger

Post by magpie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:52 pm

I give my totem to Kjos

magpie
Goat Avenger

Post by magpie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:54 pm

I think the totems have to go to the elf to join George

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Yes, I agree Mag, this may be a way to start to see who is who..............

I also Give my TOTEM to Kjos.

Kjos
Luxer

Post by Kjos » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Okay so now I have two pieces!?!?!

So if I get the other piece thats out there I can assemble it in just 1 day right because I'm a elf?

Toss me the piece over, and if Magpie is still gunna throw a snowball at me, ill just bring her back from the dead.

I'm having the feeling that I've become quite the target now haha

magpie
Goat Avenger

Post by magpie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Just thinking out loud here, do I give the totem to someone else?
If so who, and do I attack said person tonight?
That way we if said player is mafia, totem gets taken back
If not mafia we keep totem and learn that said person should be innocent , unless Clarice's protects them

Feel free to pm or jump in with ideas

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 pm

What happens if you die by killing an innocent but have the totem? Will we be informed what happened? If such is the case you can prove the identity of TWO innocents while losing none