Sound?

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.

Sound?

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:05 am

Pax seems pretty fun.. but it's silent? Or is it just me? $20 is no big deal but I'm hesitating because it needs sounds!

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:17 am

I agree. I like the game and YES it needs sound! But it's not worth $20.00 sorry. I can buy a similar game off the racks of BEST BUY for $12.99 with sound.

Diodor
Pax Creator

Post by Diodor » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:25 am

Hey, the buttons click don't they? :lol: (on the Windows version they do) I'm currently working on sounds so you may hear from me again on this.

Geiler Hengst
Luxer

Post by Geiler Hengst » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:37 pm

I strongly disagree with Snyp. sorry snyp, thats sedombut in this case i have to :-)

Pax is defintly worth 20 bucks. Of course there might be similar games but the gamesplay is just uniquely easy, smooth and fun. Especially the level editor is great and easy to use. Thats the only game were "homemade" levels (done in 5mins) are great fun to play.

The only thing missing (which i already told diodor) are the missing online highscores.
Last edited by Geiler Hengst on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:58 pm

I agree that sound would add a nice touch. Especially for things like network game chat, where it's easy to miss it if you're focused on the game. Glad to see Diodor is working on it. :D

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:28 pm

need sound when somebody starts a new attack (two differnet sounds for one against you and one against somebody else?)

need a sound when you succeed and take a star

need a sound when you fail and lose a star

need some deedle eedle eedle when you win!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:40 am

Sound wouldn't be a bad thing, but I usually have the sound turned off. Sometimes I use headphones though. Graphics are the next big improvement I would like to see in the game. :) (hint-hint dio?) :lol:

The online play could also go more smoothly? Like some enhanced team play, one person per name (i.e. not two people with same name), and no "AI" name. Also, what about a surrender option? You chose to surrender to a certain player (preferably the weaker one) and your ships become theirs. Of course, this would become manipulated. But an interestin idea in my opinion.

fidocancan

sound suggestions

Post by fidocancan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:04 pm

sounds like a good idea to me, hannibal.

regarding sound, i don't want more beeps, but i would like to click on the name of the player and open up a one2one communications link with them. i think it should only be one to one though. perhaps one day, when the game has a thousand players in a entire galactic board (perhaps in 3d)ew could introduce conferences.

love the game, pity it isn't picking up that quickly...