New Bot: Sparrow

AI discussion, ideas, and SDK help.
dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

New Bot: Sparrow

Post by dustin » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:31 am

There's a new bot available in the plugin manager: Sparrow.

It's the first release (the version number is at 0.91). Give him a whirl and see what you think.

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:19 am

Quick first impression: Sparrow gets a 5-Masterpiece rating from me!

Sparrow is amazing for a first effort. He really shines in low cards games like 4-5-6 10%. I like the way he goes for continents: a gradual, turn by turn invasion.

More later.

Sir Holo
Old Skool Lurker

Post by Sir Holo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:13 am

Only tried the Sparrow on CastleInfinity. He doesn't like bridges, but of course, it's still beta. That candy comes later! I'll give him a whirl again later.

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:08 am

Sparrow easily beats the other bots in 5-5-5 10% on the classic map. But sometimes (approx. 1 in 100) he goes into a loop and freezes. When that happens, Sparrow continuously outputs the following message in the log:

CountryRoute.append() could not complete its task. Returning a partly garbage route.

Jaybird, I captured a save of that game, and the loop reoccurs each time I reload it. Tell me where to send it if you think it could help.

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:27 am

I don't know if this helps at all, I really know nothing of programming or such things.
I played Deux offline with all Sparrow bots and they officially beat the hell out of me. I finished second, and was rather lucky I did.
I then Played the new Cube map with all Sparrow and won rather easily, but had great opening position.
Thanks for makin these.

Shall
I Shall...

Post by Shall » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:41 am

sparrow will often get stuck in a loop when playing on larder maps like battle for bambaugh. sparrow also goes for any continent...negative bonus or not