asshat reaper

AI discussion, ideas, and SDK help.
moe
fnnnarrrr

asshat reaper

Post by moe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:02 pm

hoodie wrote:I'm not into the idea of officiating, can't we freakin' behave ourselves?

The best officiating there is: asshats first. Send a message loud and clear, it's not cool to do that around here.
could it be possible to program a bot to go after someone if they meet a certain predefined criteria defines as an "asshat move"?
the bot could be a nef, or reaper,normally, until they see some other player make an asshat move, that way, "regular" players wouldn't have to lose their beloved raw going after jerkoff players.

discuss.

Luxer

Post by guest » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:39 pm

1. Define a list of "asshat" moves that all players agree upon.
2. Last time I checked the bot doesn't get told everything that goes on (Which I would like to see. ) Just what happens to it.

Isn't that an admin function. Do something "asshat" worthy get banned by the host. It would be better I think to let the host decide what the bannable offences are.

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:00 pm

in chat: REAPER asshat <player>

hehe

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:29 pm

I could do it, but I won't... Chaos would ensue. Everyone would use the asshat command to target Reaper on the other players. And wouldn't that make Reaper an asshat itself?

And what is an asshat move, really? In my mind there is no such thing, every move is legal. Even half-killing someone is a valid tactic. Not very nice, of course, but this is a war game after all.

Black Pope
Lux Exorcist

Post by Black Pope » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:45 pm

While I would never question He Who Is Reaper, I can pretty much promise that 99.999% half killing is NOT a legit move outside of a one on one scenario...

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Black Pope wrote:While I would never question He Who Is Reaper
You just did...:wink:

How about weakening someone (that may have been lining up on you), so that he becomes a tasty target for someone else, and saving you from almost certain death?

moe
fnnnarrrr

Post by moe » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:56 am

right, putting that power in the hand of other players would be abused. ie Reaper asshat <name>
but if it could "intuitively" know when an asshat move is made...
although, i agree to a large degree with Bertrand, half kill is a valid tactic. if it goes wrong, you could be setting yourself up for death, instead of the person you half killed.

and yes, after all, its war, not patty cakes.

nimrod7
Clown Prince

Post by nimrod7 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:55 pm

Nim goes off in search of cake.

Tobey
Somewhat Funny

Post by Tobey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Psst, Nim, the cake is a lie.

Dominator
The Man

Post by Dominator » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:18 pm

reaper is too good.. in MOTW he is winning every game with the n00bs. It's making my job very difficult considering reaper can play there 24/7.

damn you reaper!!

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:50 pm

He's there to provide a challenge. An easy victory means nothing. You have to earn it.

He is on a roll, I'll grant you that.

Shredding n00bs is one thing, he still can't touch the best players. Looking at your win rate of 90% in the MOTW, Reaper still has a long way to go.

Dominator
The Man

Post by Dominator » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:23 pm

yeah reaper is making me work!!

every time i check he has passed me!!

lemonlux
Luxer

Post by lemonlux » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:11 am

Chaos would ensue, but it would be pretty funny seeing 6 bots kick the snot out of someone who pulls an asshatt-trick.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:59 am

Bertrand wrote:He's there to provide a challenge. An easy victory means nothing. You have to earn it.

He is on a roll, I'll grant you that.

Shredding n00bs is one thing, he still can't touch the best players. Looking at your win rate of 90% in the MOTW, Reaper still has a long way to go.
Bert i assure you, if reaper could somehow mask the fact that he is a bot so humans thought it's just another player mr X reaper would have one of the highest winning percentages in Lux history.
Bertrand wrote:I could do it, but I won't... Chaos would ensue. Everyone would use the asshat command to target Reaper on the other players. And wouldn't that make Reaper an asshat itself?

And what is an asshat move, really? In my mind there is no such thing, every move is legal. Even half-killing someone is a valid tactic. Not very nice, of course, but this is a war game after all.
Well could you program reaper to receive a command ahead of game (false/true) to target anyone who kills a human first? I like my rooms to be bots first regardless if a weak player has 1 country with 1 army left and holding 5 cards. i still only target bots first. In some cases a player will do that to prevent reaper from taking those cards. If the weak player has 1-2 cards the other human would think twice if it's worth killing him and breaking the bots first rule. If the weak player had 5 cards, ok, kill him but simply pay the price. If that weak player had any cards and reaper kills him so be it. Reaper earned his keep.
Or just make Reaper to target that player for the next round only. or a new bot called B.F.E. (bots first Enforcer) or something like that. These bots can not receive ANY commands to do something from host or anyone else during the game. Only if they are enabled before hand (like in the text file).

i would love to have a bot like that in my room.

thanks

-Eno

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:51 am

Enokrad wrote:Well could you program reaper to receive a command ahead of game (false/true) to target anyone who kills a human first? I like my rooms to be bots first ...
Sorry, this won't happen. I just hate the bots first rule, so I won't do anything to make it easier to enforce. In fact, Reaper already tries to screw up your plans by targeting the bot firsters.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 am

damn, it was worth a try.
i love your bot but as i said. as long as people know he's a bot, and especially a fierce one at that, they will always target him. funny that even when that happens, he still manages to win or come close in doing so many times.

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:22 am

Enokrad wrote: ... as long as people know he's a bot, and especially a fierce one at that, they will always target him.
I don't mind that, it's a mark of respect. I call that implicit bot firsting, and it should be enough. It's normal to adapt your game play depending on the strength of your opponents.

What I don't like is explicit bot firsting, where you are forced to kill bots even when it makes no strategic sense.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Bertrand wrote:What I don't like is explicit bot firsting, where you are forced to kill bots even when it makes no strategic sense.
somehow, getting rid of reaper first will always make sense to me.
Too many times have i seen reaper go from just a handful of armies, within 1 round, eliminate everybody strategically jacking up on their cards and winning the game before anyone can do anything to react to his sudden awakening from the dead.

Kef
Lux Translator

Post by Kef » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:25 pm

It's what we all did so many years ago, good times :)

3DA
Luxtopian

Post by 3DA » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Enokrad wrote:
Bertrand wrote:What I don't like is explicit bot firsting, where you are forced to kill bots even when it makes no strategic sense.
somehow, getting rid of reaper first will always make sense to me.
Too many times have i seen reaper go from just a handful of armies, within 1 round, eliminate everybody strategically jacking up on their cards and winning the game before anyone can do anything to react to his sudden awakening from the dead.
I agree with Eno. Reaper is really good and needs to be taken out because he's a real threat.

I congratulate you again, Bertrand, for making a really, really good bot. :)

Kef
Lux Translator

Post by Kef » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Actually it's just 10 Chinese guys packed away somewhere that are playing instaid of the bots, like the goldfarmers in World of Warcraft

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:03 am

Bertrand wrote:I could do it, but I won't... Chaos would ensue.
You say that as if it were a
BAD thing....

Actually I thought the command "Reaper ASSHAT player" would make reaper actually asshat that player...and that got me thinking...

Why not create an ASSHATTING BOT! Have it randomly choose one player each game, and just start asshatting/suiciding for no reason. Or make it a revenge bot; Each time a player takes out the bot, that name gets updated in the bots database, and each game the Bot does a weighted choice of its killers to suicide/asshat on. (The weight based on the number of kills and how recent the kill was, with the killer from the last game IMMEDIATELY being targetted in the next one....

We could call it the Westbot....If we made this based on Reaper, Licht might have a tough time on MOTW for the next few weeks.... :twisted:

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:51 am

3DA wrote:I agree with Eno. Reaper is really good and needs to be taken out because he's a real threat.

I congratulate you again, Bertrand, for making a really, really good bot. :)
Thanks...
Kef wrote:Actually it's just 10 Chinese guys packed away somewhere that are playing instaid of the bots, like the goldfarmers in World of Warcraft
Drat. I've been found out. It was nice while it lasted.
n00less cluebie wrote:Why not create an ASSHATTING BOT! Have it randomly choose one player each game, and just start asshatting/suiciding for no reason. Or make it a revenge bot; Each time a player takes out the bot, that name gets updated in the bots database, and each game the Bot does a weighted choice of its killers to suicide/asshat on. (The weight based on the number of kills and how recent the kill was, with the killer from the last game IMMEDIATELY being targetted in the next one....
This sounds like a good idea, but think about it. After a few games, an assBot wouldn't be so much fun. IMHO, the bot would simply not get played a lot. When a human does this, he gets banned and reviled in the forums. Why would it be different with a bot?

Scad
Lux Elder

Post by Scad » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:54 am

I wouldn't play with an asshat bot, but I might with a VengeBot. If it were tactically a good bot in everything else, I think it would make a VERY interesting twist.

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 am

Bertrand wrote: This sounds like a good idea, but think about it. After a few games, an assBot wouldn't be so much fun. IMHO, the bot would simply not get played a lot. When a human does this, he gets banned and reviled in the forums. Why would it be different with a bot?
But how cool would it be that you could create a bot that would be banned??? Now THAT would be a unique Turing Test victory if you couldn't tell the difference between a bot and retardo.....

I'd love to write the chat quotes for THAT bot....

But seriously.... a Reaper that remembers more information from game to game besides whoever said "Bots first".... You'd have to make a global logfile for the bot to access though, as otherwise it'd forget who to wreak vengance on after it left the room....

-nC

Bertrand
Reaper Creator

Post by Bertrand » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:16 am

Scad wrote:I wouldn't play with an asshat bot, but I might with a VengeBot. If it were tactically a good bot in everything else, I think it would make a VERY interesting twist.
A optional vengeful personality might be fun. I'll think about it.