Mafia 29: Luxtober Fright Fest Redux — Official Game Thread

The river of vanquished skulls runs forever.
The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Mafia 29: Luxtober Fright Fest Redux — Official Game Thread

Post by The Silken Knot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Party ON! Mafia 29: LFF Redux has begun.
If you are on the guest list and haven't received your invitation/role PM, please contact me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules and role descriptions are here.
A time and date converter is here.

The Guest List:
  • <strike>engie</strike>: Ancient Reveler, killed Night One
    <strike>Mud</strike>: Free-Spirited Reveler, killed Night One
    <strike>*Manimal</strike>: Doctor Frankenstein, killed Night Two
    <strike>kude</strike>: Vampire, guillotined at dawn, Day Two
    <strike>SnyperEye</strike>: Free-Spirited Reveler, killed Night Three
    <strike>THE J-Dude</strike>: Invisible Man, killed Night Three
    <strike>WhirlPlaid</strike>: Lycan, guillotined at dawn, Day Three
    <strike>heartscoffee</strike>: Free-Spirited Reveler, killed Night Four
    <strike>Enokrad</strike>: Edgar Frog, guillotined at dawn, Day Four
    <strike>RandomGuy</strike>: Sookie Stackhouse, killed Night Five
    <strike>Shockandawe</strike>: Free-Spirited Reveler, killed Night Five
    <strike>Owned</strike>: Vampire, guillotined at dawn, Day Five
    <strike>SunTzu</strike>: Vampire, killed Night Six.
    <strike>dollabillz</strike>: Slayer, guillotined at dawn, Day Six
    <strike>mazza</strike>: Werewolf, guillotined at dawn, Day Six
    <strike>Odelay</strike>: Igor, guillotined at dawn, Day Six
    <strike>Enzo1997</strike>: Vengeful Zombie, killed Night Five. Really, really dead Day Six.
    <strike>Big Will E Style</strike>: Free-Spirited Reveler, guillotined at dawn, Day Seven
    <strike>jesterme</strike>: Free-Spirited Reveler, guillotined at dawn, Day Seven

djdee
    Rhye
    schroberts
[/size]

Good luck, all!
Last edited by The Silken Knot on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:26 pm

A few helpful notes...
  • • Please remember that all players begin each Day phase with their own vote against them. To change this, you must either vote or formally abstain in the thread.

• Two new potential Reveler roles were added to the initial Rules and Roles post: Alan Frog and Ancient Reveler.

Count Dracula is always a vampire. If a non-vampire Creature assumes the role during the game, vampirishness takes precedence over their prior role.

• The Order of Night Actions is nice and simple for this game: Zombie activations, attacks, healing reanimations, investigations. All investigations will include any actions occurring prior to dawn. If multiple actions in any other category are submitted, they will occur in the order received.

• The state of the Ancient Reveler's health is evaluated at dawn of each Day phase, just after any beheadings. For example, if it's Day 21, and there are 21 (incredibly restrained) Creatures left alive, the Ancient Reveler dies. It's quite possible that due to kills during the Night and/or trips to the guillotine, the Ancient Reveler may cheat fate altogether.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

This space reserved...

Post by The Silken Knot » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Nimrod7 had been so excited when he received the Luxtoberfest Halloween Bash invitation, but he was beginning to worry as the crudely-drawn map to Lux Film Studios led him further and further away from the lights of town. “Are you sure we’re going the right way?”, he asked his passenger for about the fifth time. “Of course I’m sure!” n00less was getting a bit miffed at having his navigational skills questioned, so he decided to have a little fun with Nim.

“You know the stories about this place, right?” And he told the oft-repeated tale of how Lord Quasar, flush with the success of his brainchild Lux Delux, had decided to branch out into the film industry. Horror films were very much in vogue at the time (and would make a nice tax dodge if nothing else), so he’d had Lux Film Studios built with the most authentically creepy sets imaginable. No expense was spared. Producers were booking into the next decade, so anxious were they to secure the use of this Palace of Terror for their masterpieces. And then production began on the first film.

No one was quite sure exactly what had happened. When the rescue unit finally broke through the iron-shuttered windows, there were no survivors left to tell the tale… and just as well. No one who was there for the rescue liked to talk about it, but eventually the whispers began. "Blood everywhere"… "the most grisly positions"… "unbelievably macabre"…

“That’s it!” cried Nimmy. “We are turning around right now!”

But as Fate would have it, they had just arrived at the iron gates which proclaimed “Lux Film Studios” in elegantly designed, if somewhat rusty, letters. The gargoyles winked down from their sentry duty at the top of the gateposts. Lights, music, and laughter tumbled out from the big mansion at the end of the drive. And to clinch it, a reveler in a Micella costume ran by, giggling seductively.

You know clowns and parties. In they went.

It is now Night One in the Studio. Players with Night actions, please PM them to me by Tuesday, October 4th at 8 p.m. EDT (US).

If you have any questions about gameplay or roles, or if you have not received your Role PM, please contact me.

Enjoy...

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:02 pm

pcristov loved few things as much as a good Luxtoberfest Masquerade Ball held in a derelict film studio. But this one really could use a few more females, he thought. Fortunately, the suave Luxer knew exactly how to address such a problem. He smiled as he pulled out his cell phone… then frowned. No reception. Probably thanks to whatever joker had seen fit to close the iron shutters on all the windows. Oh well. He thought he’d seen a telephone in one of the offices. He’d try that.

pcristov opened the office door. By the light of the glowing computer screen, he could see that someone was sitting in the desk chair, back turned, and apparently using the telephone, judging by the receiver cord leading away from the base. So it was working! He didn’t want to interrupt the conversation, so he waited quietly for his turn.

Speaking of turns, he thought he heard the telltale blipblipblip… yes… some RAWtard had gone afk on the Classic map again. Rushing towards the computer screen indignantly, he bumped into the figure at the desk. “Sorry, Mud, or whoever you are.” But there was no answer. The figure appeared to have been strangled with the phone cord, eyes bulging and tongue lolling. pcristov backed away aghast… only to trip and fall onto a bloody corpse lying on the floor, costumed as engie. Its throat had been brutally slashed. Maybe this wasn’t his sort of party after all. He ran, eyes wild and shirt bloody, back through the main Reception Hall and out the front door… just as it slammed and locked behind him, a heavy bar falling into place with a resounding thud.

A small group of the remaining Revelers raised eyebrows at each other, and retraced pcristov’s steps warily. They took in the scene in the small office at a glance, quickly examining the corpses for any signs of life and then gently removing the masks of the deceased. Something evil was on the loose in the Studio… and every route of escape had been cut off.

• Mud was killed Night One. Under his costume, he was revealed to be a Free-Spirited Reveler.
    engie was killed Night One. Under his costume, he was revealed to be an Ancient Reveler.

It is now Day One in the Studio. You may discuss the events of the Night, and, if you choose, vote for a player to be sent to the Dungeon Set for execution at dawn. Day One will end at 8 p.m. EDT (US) Wednesday. All votes (or formal abstentions) must be posted by this deadline.

Good luck, all...
[/size]

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Welcome to the Jungle everyone.

RIP: Mud and engie

I think I'll start off the voting, by attacking the best player.

I vote Tumbleweed.

Oh wait, she isn't playing?? Alrighty then, Abstain it is.

Kude
omni member

Post by Kude » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

ooh, not a good thing... not good at all... I'll abstain

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 pm

From the rules:
The Silken Knot wrote:Ancient Reveler (New Role): The Ancient Reveler is wily, but also... well... ancient. When the Game reaches a Day equal to the number of remaining Creatures, the Ancient will slip into the Great Beyond.
The only way engie could have died naturally is if there's only one creature left. I doubt that's the case, so there's either two sets of creatures or we have a rogue Slayer amongst us killing without information.

I abstain.

Enokrad
Dark Spawn

Post by Enokrad » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:55 pm

I abstain for now.

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Suntzu wrote:two sets of creatures
I figure that is by far the most likely possibility. We're all seasoned players here; we wouldn't be killing without any information (when the good guys have the majority.)

So probably 2 small groups then, rather than a single large group.

*Manimal
Lux Cutie Pet

Post by *Manimal » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Abstain for now as well..

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:38 pm

If she [tumbleweed] can't take time out her social life to join another game of Mafia, then she deserves to be called out :!:

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Rhye wrote:If she [tumbleweed] can't take time out her social life to join another game of Mafia, then she deserves to be called out :!:
Very sneaky paranoiarodeo......

Shockandawe
Lux Vigilante

Post by Shockandawe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Tumbleweed

Schroberts
Lux Veteran

Post by Schroberts » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Abstain

dollabillz
Disinterested Hipster

Post by dollabillz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:56 pm

guess i'll abstain for now too

mazza
Lux Sugar Daddy

Post by mazza » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:10 am

is it halloween already over there?? Fkin nice avatars, is anyone gonna have a scary one though......

Abstain

jesterme
Lux Duck Lover

Post by jesterme » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 am

Abstain.

Ugly Zombie Avatars.

heartscoffee
Lux Sweetheart

Post by heartscoffee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:50 am

I will abstain.

Odelay
ooodelayheehoo!

Post by Odelay » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:04 am

I will abstain.

SnyperEye
Anti-Holy Assgrabber

Post by SnyperEye » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:44 am

TUMBLEWEED

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 am

The following players currently have (own) votes against them:
  • Big Will E Style
    djdee
    Enzo1997
    Owned
    RandomGuy
    THE J-Dude
    WhirlPlaid
And Rhye is absolutely correct; Tumbleweed opted not to sign up this time. (I think she's planning to spend all her time training for RMPNZ... not an easy game when you're a diaspore.) I'll count any votes against her as abstentions. :wink:

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:52 am

I really hate the "abstain and wait for Van Helsing to come forward" game strategy, but it seems like that is where we are headed once again.

abstain

SunTzu
Lux Cartographer

Post by SunTzu » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:05 am

RandomGuy wrote:I really hate the "abstain and wait for Van Helsing to come forward" game strategy, but it seems like that is where we are headed once again.

abstain
I agree, but I always get targeted for "trying to vote off the innocents" with that strategy. I don't think most people realize how much information you get by seeing how people react to votes...

RandomGuy
Lux Veteran

Post by RandomGuy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 am

exactly. that's the true nature of the game - pressure people by putting them in danger of being voted out. Then see who squirms, who fights for who, etc. But anyone who votes for an innocent without "proof" is labelled guilty. Analyzing past comments and votes is the biggest clue innocents have and "abstain and wait" gains us nothing.

But, I understand that is how people like to play it here, hence my abstain.

djdee
lux widowmaker

Post by djdee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:27 am

2 down in the first night is worrying. 2 sets of creatures is more likely as there are only experienced players here and so a slayer running wild is unlikely. We could do with doing something soon but we are still more likely to kill an innocent and whoever points that finger is likely to be the target after that.

I abstain unless something happens, but I have a meeting* tonight and will not be back till about a couple of hours before close of play today.

* I got elected as a City Councillor which is why I have been AWOL from lux since March.

Big Will E Style
RAW Dogger

Post by Big Will E Style » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 am

I'm just a Plain old innocent, so I don't have anything to add this game, so I'll just go along with whatever seems most logical. I'll abstain for now.

WhirlPlaid
miSKAlaneous
Location: Habitual board flippers should have their dice taken away.

Post by WhirlPlaid » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:37 am

<----Mafia Newb here. I never really understand who to single out in the beginning. I will follow RandomGuy a Mafia veteran's lead for now and Abstain

THE J-Dude
Underage Luxer

Post by THE J-Dude » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Abstaaaaaining ..

Rhye
Lux Crooner

Post by Rhye » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm

I see no reason to take a shot in the dark with our voting. 3/4 times we will only benefit the 'dark side'. Until the sheriff comes forth with information (or clues) voting someone off is pointless.

Owned
Lux Veteran
Location: Lair of Bane watching Schro put Symbi into tight attire

Post by Owned » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Rhye wrote:I see no reason to take a shot in the dark with our voting. 3/4 times we will only benefit the 'dark side'. Until the sheriff comes forth with information (or clues) voting someone off is pointless.
Actually by voting against someone on the first day, you see how others react. This way you can make judgements on roles instead of having no information except that gathered by the sheriff. Thus, the sheriff must use a scapegoat or themselves and hope for a doctor to get the information out.

I vote TSK. aka abstain