Mafia XYZ: Matt Damon Must Die!

Forum games, computer games, any other games that you'd like to play.
Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Re: Mafia XYZ: Matt Damon Must Die!

Post by Red Beard » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:59 pm

Also, investigator once you've established a life line with another innocent, it may be useful to have someone speak for you to call the shots of who you've identified to be mafia. That way you would stay safe and be able to prove through your surrogate that you're legit. Some could impersonate the investigator but they would have to start offing some of their own if so, otherwise we would find out pretty quickly that the weren't telling the truth.

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:03 am

Also people, don't discard the voting matrix if we get to that point. It's a very useful tool for identifying mafia and those who I've seen argued against it in the past have usually been innocent. 'Sept for billz that one time. Which was just weird :P

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:16 am

I'm convinced that removing the details of my post was accidental, I doubt it's a mistake that will be repeated.

I really don't want to lose any players except the old-fashioned way (murder or Airlock Flush). If you have strong feelings about this, please PM me. I don't need any more posts to try to keep track of!

:smt049 :globe

Edited by TSK for clarity.
Last edited by The Silken Knot on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:39 am

The Silken Knot wrote:The problem here is that Centrico can edit ANYONE''s post... and there is NO edit trail.
Wow, the shade I have cast on this whole MOD dynamic with a single mistake in such a short time is epic. I'll be remembered as the MOD to get MODS banned from Mafia.

Seriously, this has been the most soul crushing moment I've had in a while. Granted I had a majorly painful offline crisis take place within an hour of this post that may be coloring it for me, but I'd like to think I am objective enough to read between the lines here.

If you guys can't trust a mod not to abuse power in a game that is designed to foster community, so much so that even the best among us cast shade on the whole thing then just vote me off the island.

Hell, I'll cast the first vote.

Centrico

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:41 am

(your vote should be in bold for it to count)

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:43 am

Dangerous Beans wrote:(your vote should be in bold for it to count)
Yep, centrico nailed it again:

Centrico

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:50 am

Dangerous Beans wrote:(your vote should be in bold for it to count)

That's YOUR rule, Beansie, not mine.

:smt064

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:52 am

Oh, well poo.

(I just copied it from Dolla's game)

Symbiosis
Lux Solicitor

Post by Symbiosis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:38 am

Centrico wrote:What you don't realize is as a mod there are a number of buttons next to the reply button which are unfamiliar to most people.
Not so unfamiliar to some :wink:

n00less cluebie
Lux Cantor
Location: At the Official Clown Reference Librarian Desk--'All the answers you weren't looking for.'

Post by n00less cluebie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 am

As a personal request, I'm switching my vote to Centrico but let's not the game derailed by what's clearly a mistake

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Day One Voting, so far...

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:29 pm

VOTES AGAINST, so far...
  • Centrico (2): n00less voted against; Self: Centrico's power to vote/abstain is deleted for one round only.

George874 (1): no vote or abstention
    Kjos (1): no vote or abstention
    magpie (1): no vote or abstention
    Rogue Monk (1): no vote or abstention

Dangerous Beans (0): abstained
    Lantern (0): abstained
    n00less cluebie (0): voted Centrico
    Red Beard (0): abstained
    Symbiosis (0): abstained
I would gladly spank Centrico if he hadn't already been so charmingly contrite... and if I didn't think he'd enjoy it! As it stands, as a compromise for his unintentional edit, I'll penalize him for one round of voting only.

Players can vote, change their vote, or abstain until 8PM EST tonight (6.5 hours from now)...
Except you, Mr. Mod. :smt058

George874
Lux Surveyor

Post by George874 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:25 pm

The Silken Knot wrote:VOTES AGAINST, so far...
  • Centrico (2): n00less voted against; Self: Centrico's power to vote/abstain is deleted for one round only.

George874 (1): no vote or abstention
    magpie (1): no vote or abstention

Lantern (0): abstained
I would gladly spank Centrico if he hadn't already been so charmingly contrite... and if I didn't think he'd enjoy it! As it stands, as a compromise for his unintentional edit, I'll penalize him for one round of voting only.

Players can vote, change their vote, or abstain until 8PM EST tonight (6.5 hours from now)...
Except you, Mr. Mod. :smt058
Miss TSK,,,,,,,,, clarification please !!!

I checked through the previous posts,,,,, and DO NOT see a abstaining vote for LANTERN. Can you explain this ???

AND as of right now ,,,,,,,,, upon further review,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I ABSTAIN !!!

magpie
Goat Avenger
Location: Riding with the League of Extraordinary Anti Goatfecking Gentlemen ...

Post by magpie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:27 pm

Abstained

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Re: Day One Voting, so far...

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Mister George! Right you are, I don't see a Lantypants abstain either! Here's the update...

VOTES AGAINST, so far...

Lantern (1): no vote or abstention

George874 (0): abstained
    magpie (0): abstained
I'll email Lantern, just in case he's as blind as I am and only saw my post. 8)

Players can vote, change their vote, or abstain until 8PM EST tonight (2 hours, 20 minutes from now)...
Except you, Mr. Mod. :smt019

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:39 pm

RogueMonk wrote:This will be my last post in this thread while centrico is a part of the game.
I will eat crow.

I stand by my concerns about the game being compromised. I get that centrico made a rookie-mod mistake. I get that it was accidental. I get that it was not a mafia game-move. That being said, the whole forum game thing is predicated on a basic assumption that at any point anybody for any reason can be making a play. Do I think that centrico was making a play--NO. But he COULD have been. That's why there are strict rules about editing posts, ect. Its cheating--intentional or not.

But since the rest of you can overlook it--and I am likely in left field here--I will overlook it as well. And move on with the game.

(I get that just as centrico could have been using this as a game play....I too could have been using it as a game-play. I can assure you I was not. I was angry that the game we all decided to play in know (and TSK) honour was screwed up in the very first few minutes. But alas, that's the whole unfortunate part of this mix-up.....what is game-play and what is not.

^^^^^^ Everything above was NOT game play on my part. I give you my word as a card-carrying, dusting-detesting, monk! :)

vvvvvvvvvvvv Everything below IS game play.

My impression of centrico is that he gets a bit excited and gets really into things with a bunch of energy. I tend to take him at face-value and believe that he is who he says he is in the game. However, I'm not yet willing to divulge my role in the game to him. And if I am reading this all right, he will have the ability to take himself out of the airlock. So if he survives the night, he is proven innocent. And if he does not, we will know he was a martian. (Am I reading this right?)

Abstain

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty

Post by Red Beard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Marvin the Martian: Cute, cuddly, and prone to sneaking goodies into the pushbin he's never without. A thief? You betcha.

Quick clarification: What roll does a thief have exactly?

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty

Post by Red Beard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Also, thank you Rogue for taking the crow whole. For all of us who just want an enjoyable game, it is meaningful, although I do appreciate your concerns. But at least now the game can progress as it should into some beautiful beautiful space carnage!

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty

Post by Red Beard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Last bit of clarification, can the Technician take THEMSELVES out of airlock or does their power become locked when they enter?

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Red Beard wrote:Last bit of clarification, can the Technician take THEMSELVES out of airlock or does their power become locked when they enter?
Well all the love has summoned me out of hiding...

You can wait for an answer from TSK, but yes, I asked her this prior to my Hail Mary play, I can in fact release myself from the airlock so get you identities ready innocents, we are going to play 20 questions and kill some Martians.

:smt077

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Sorry, all...delayed on the way home.

Rogue, thank you! I understand your concerns, share them, and if this were a larger game I probably would have been harsher myself. As it is, Centrico is on borrowed goodwill! :smt077

Mr. Beard! There are potentially two thieves in the game, Marvin the Martian (Martian) and The Sanitation Officer (Crew). Those roles could steal a "goody" from another player by selecting the player to frisk/rob via a PM to me during the Night phase.

And yes, The Technician role can free ONE player from the Airlock, ONE time only in the game.

EVERYONE! Since I wasn't home to answer these questions, I'll extend the voting period until 9PM EST (one hour) in case anyone chooses to act on this news.

Be back in an hour... wif mah keys!

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty

Post by Red Beard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Good to know. Put him in the vault! I vote Centrico

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

End of Day One

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:02 pm

Day One has ended. It is now Night Two.

Centrico has been ever-so-gently removed to the Airlock. If there is no intervention by The Technician, he shall be wooshed off into the great beyond at dawn of Day 2 (8PM EST tomorrow, noon for magpie).

Any players with Night Actions, or Goodies they'd like to use or transfer to another player, please PM me by 7:59 PM EST tomorrow.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Mafia: Rules Clarification

Post by The Silken Knot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:47 pm

RULES CLARIFICATION

No role other than The Technician (if there is one) can perform any action once in the Airlock... including transferring Goodies, or directing another player to act. And no role other than The Technician (if there is one) can perform an action on a player who's in the Airlock, nor can they transfer Goodies to a player in the Airlock.

The Silken Knot
Lux Tiki Drinker

Mafia: Day Two begins...

Post by The Silken Knot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:30 pm

The Captain was beginning to wonder if he was wrong about the atmosphere on the USS Luxcelsior.

After all, it was just a fallible group hunch that landed Centrico in the Airlock. The kangaroo court could be a huge error in judgment. There weren't any corpses... yet. Still, The Captain knew his duty. Even as he second-guessed, he strode towards the Airlock intent on carrying out the will of the ship.

He peered inside. What was Centrico thinking? He had put on his helmet?! As if that would save him! The Captain entered the Airlock and tugged at the helmet, wondering why it was sticking. And why Centrico wasn't stirring on his own.

Finally, with a last mighty tug, the helmet came off. Along with a mighty swath of ginger beard and blood. That was not Centrico

• Red Beard was killed during Night Two. He was The Doctor.

Centrico was released from the Airlock during Night Two, and has returned to the game.

It is now Day Two.
Please cast your votes or abstain by 7:59 PM EST tomorrow. Good luck, all!

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:37 pm

In true Salem Witch Trials Fashion… As the only proven innocent ;) I will soon be posting your names to my lists of suspects

Feel free to plead your case in the thread or via PM

Lists to be filled soon:

Suspected Martians

Suspected Human Brethren

Unknowns

I will be creating another post soon and placing everyone in one of these categories so send me your roles and plead your cases ASAP. I already have these lists prepared but am leaving you an hour or two to change my mind.

Blast you Martian scum for killing Red Beard! Bah hum bug on ya'all!

RogueMonk
Lux Addict

Post by RogueMonk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Hmm. I'm not too good at this detective thing.....but I am pretty good at math.

And it seems we have more "roles" than we do players. Is this TSK's way of toying with us or is it a new #TSKmath. Or is it possible that one player has more than one role?

/me is confused.

Lantern
Lux Superhero

Post by Lantern » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Abstain for now

Dangerous Beans
oO0-0Oo-oO0-0Oo

Post by Dangerous Beans » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but Centrico is proven innocent 100%.

(and hopefully we have a nurse, since it is a "secondary role" we have to consider the possibility that it was one of the roles left out.)

I will abstain for now.

∞ Dangerous Beans looks around wild-eyed and puts his back to the wall ∞

magpie
Goat Avenger
Location: Riding with the League of Extraordinary Anti Goatfecking Gentlemen ...

Post by magpie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Dangerous Beans wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Centrico is proven innocent 100%.

(and hopefully we have a nurse, since it is a "secondary role" we have to consider the possibility that it was one of the roles left out.)

I will abstain for now.

I hope so but I'm waiting too

Centrico
Luxer

Post by Centrico » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:47 pm

magpie wrote:
Dangerous Beans wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Centrico is proven innocent 100%.

I will abstain for now.

I hope so but I'm waiting too
Yes I am 100% innocent and freed myself from the airlock... I have received 4 pm's keep them coming I am going to make my reveal soon.