How to make the numbers smaller?

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Dolemite
Lux Newbie

How to make the numbers smaller?

Post by Dolemite » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Hello- The last two updates to Lux Delux have increased the size of the numbers of armies in each territory.
Anyone know how to get back to the smaller numbers? I really don't like this new "feature".

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Re: How to make the numbers smaller?

Post by GFips » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:10 am

Hi Dolemite,
be welcomed here in the forums.
I don't think there was any change in the last two updates concerning that effect (Dustin, please correct me if I am wrong or missed something).
But there is an option in the game preferences (More Options | Prefs): "Show one less army".
If this Checkbox is enabled, "empty countries" are not shown with 1 army and normal countries are displayed with one less army. Maybe this is what you are searching for?
Cheers GFips

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Hey, the latest version uses bigger font size for army numbers when displaying on a big screen. If you want smaller font size, shrinking the map down smaller will make that happen.

Axelman
Lux Newbie

Post by Axelman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:15 am

Greetings from Sweden. I just upgraded my iMac and installed Catalina and the newest version of Lux Delux. To my disappointment the numbers are really big with "colored jelly" and the black borders ar twice as thick as it used to be. I cant play because it becames blurry. I tried everything but it doesent work for me. Lux Delux is the only game I play so please please please fix it for me. I am suffering from burnout and depression and Lux Delux is one of my daily rutins to make my life work. Strange but that's seems to be working for me. I'd LOVE to have Lux Delux as it used to be.

Axelman,
Moderator Swedish MacWorld Forum

Axelman
Lux Newbie

Post by Axelman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:55 am

No answer. Disapointed.

Axelman

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 am

I know how to make the country borders smaller.

File-> Preference-> Country border width

btw do you play online or offline lux?

Amon_101
Lux Newbie

Post by Amon_101 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:22 pm

Agree with making the size smaller. This large font size is beyond annoying. Game is unplayable. Once the army number gets above two digits, it's severely overlapped.
PLEASE FIX, or at least add a slider.

PJB
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by PJB » Fri May 01, 2020 6:40 pm

dustin wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm
Hey, the latest version uses bigger font size for army numbers when displaying on a big screen. If you want smaller font size, shrinking the map down smaller will make that happen.
Actually it didnt Dustin, not when i try. But even if it did it wouldn't really fix anything right? The font would be smaller but also the country and with lots of small countries in a map it would become unplayable.

Luxdd
Lux Newbie

Post by Luxdd » Sat May 02, 2020 1:20 pm

I share the complaint. The larger font for numbers for the army counts make some of the maps very difficult to play. You cannot see the small areas underneath to click on them. It looks like it was added with version 6.6. I hadn't updated versions in a while.
Lux Delux 6.6 (February 14th, 2019)
- Increased army font size on bigger map views.
While the number font does decrease somewhat with the size of the map, that defeats the purpose...the areas are also smaller. The numbers are still too big proportional to the size of the map regions

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sat May 02, 2020 11:40 pm

Can you email screenshots of problem areas to lux@sillysoft.net please? I'll take a look