Steam Tournament

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
Will83
Luxer

Steam Tournament

Post by Will83 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:59 am

Hello moderators,

I'm organizing an online tournament on your Lux Delux game, I find it sad that it's being abandoned and I'm looking to revive interest in the game a bit. I have created a topic on the Steam forum and I would like to ask you to officially recognize the results at the end of this tournament (to unlock the related success for the winner(s)) please. This will motivate a few people to come and play your game.Hoping for a positive response from you! :-)

Actually, I have to be honest with you, this topic on the steam forum is made to save appearances to other players. I've gathered five steam friends around me and we want to unlock some achievements. I'd rather put my cards on the table with you.

I hope that my honesty will pay off and that you will accept my request :-)

I've sent a message to @sillysoft on Steam, he said that it will be okay and he ask me to post here so here I am :-)

Will83
Luxer

Re: Steam Tournament

Post by Will83 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:56 am

I hope that moderators can see my topic and will respond to it soon :-)

Bean
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by Bean » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:45 pm

I am a volunteer moderator and do not use Steam. I do not know what response you want. Thank you for organizing a tournament. I hope it goes well. let me know if you need anything.

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi Will83,

thanks for your effort to host a Tournament. Tournaments are always welcomed :smt023

I myself also cannot support you concerning steam-specific problems as I do not have a steam account. But we mods can support you basically if you want to host a sillysoft wide tournament (not exclusivly for steam users). We could assist you with a ranking page (not limited to steam users) and we could give out awards for the winners on the sillysofts players profiles (but that all would be outside steam for all players). If you want to host a tournament I would suggest to publish details (rules, time shedules, sign-up required, etc.). If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Concerning steam-specific questions I hope Dustin (the owner of sillysoft) can provide you support. Maybe one of the other mods do have a steam account. If you want to limit your tournament to steam users only I cannot help you there, sorry (but anyway: thanks for your effort and good luck!)

GFips

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:51 am

Thank you both for your answers :-)

I contacted Dustin, the creator of Sillysoft, on Steam and he asked me to tell you about the Steam tournament I'm organizing by posting on this forum.

I posted a message on the Steam forum where I explain the details of the tournament, I'll keep you informed if you're interested.

It's true that this first tournament I'm organizing has exclusively Steam players, it's not a will on my part to exclude players who are present on this forum. It's just that I wasn't aware that there were so many players here, and since I use Steam exclusively, I didn't imagine that Lux Delux had such a rich past before it was launched on Steam :-)

Maybe in the future I'll try to organize a cross-platform tournament between here and Steam ^_^

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:43 pm

Will83 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:51 am
I posted a message on the Steam forum where I explain the details of the tournament, I'll keep you informed if you're interested.
You are welcomed to also post some informations and links to your steam Tournament here. A lot of players play with their "normal" account but have a steam account too. They can use the Lost your regstration link to get their steam key as well.

I wish you a successfull tournament. Would be great if you want to host the next for all platforms. Be welcomed.

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:04 am

Hi, alright I'm going to do it right now ! :-)

I will be the host but I will also participate. We will play on four maps; classic, biodeux, imperium romanum expletus and the map of the month.
We will play six games on each map and each win will count for 5 points. At the end I will post the final ranking here.

I've made a request to the developers that this be recognized as an online tournament and that the steam achievement of it be unlockable at the end (I know it can motivate a lot of people) :-)

Normally, Dustin (whom I have as a friend on Steam) agrees (if I understood correctly what he told me, English is not my native language).

There are six of us registered, this first tournament is exclusively Steam players but as I said before, I would like to organize another multi-platform one in the future.

The fact that the Steam achievement is unlockable motivates all the players who participate in it, that's why I made sure that there are only points in case of victory so that most probably the tournament will end with several winners and therefore several achievements unlocked at the same time. I won't hide it from you, I prefer to be 100% honest, the Steam achievement is the main motivation of this tournament.

Here is the link to the discussion topic on the Steam forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/341950/d ... 1588499345

After the first session (8 games played out of 24) of our tournament, here are the results :

#1 tied : @Vodspod with 10 points (2 wins)
#1 tied : @The Big Bad Wolf (me) with 10 points (2 wins)
#2 tied : @Redbeard with 5 points (1 win)
#2 tied : @Protoblob with 5 points (1 win)
#2 tied : @AlienSoul with 5 points (1 win)
#2 tied : @Astigi with 5 points (1 win)

I think we're going to make 2 more sessions and I will publish results one session at a time :)

I've a question about the map of the month, I know that it has been replaced by Explorers Room but this morning with my friends we have played on one public Explorers Room (it was Romanum Expletus) and this was not counted as the map of the month....

Can anyone help me on this please?

Sincerely Yours,
Will83 aka The Big Bad Wolf (on Steam).

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Sun May 03, 2020 5:52 pm

Congrats to the winners from the 1st round! Let us informed about the further results :-)

Concerning MOTM-history:
In former times there was a weekly rotating map of the week (MOTW). There was even an extra MOTW ranking based on tally points for wins with awards for the winners. The Intention was to promote new maps and honor all the map makers putting much effort in creatting new maps. So each week a new map was voted for the MOTW and Players could battled for the MOTW Trophy. Later it was replaced by MOTM (map of the month). Some great maps as REII started as MOTW and so became popular here in Lux. But other maps were not such successfull and some were sometimes very unbalanced and were not so much fun to play and did find only a few "hard cord MOTW Players". Another often discussed Problem was, that the MOTW/MOTM games also counted to the normal raw ranking, but there was a raw bonus for playing this map. But with time MOTM lost popularity and was nowerdays replaced with the seprate explorer rankings based also on raw instead of tally points. Here all non-bio maps count to the explorer Rankings and we rotate some of the best maps of Lux history and also promote new interesting maps on the official explorer hosts (but people still are able to host their own maps). The old MOTM and MOTW results are found here. I am sorry, but MOTM is not active any more (That there are still announced MOTM maps is likely a bug of the automated system). Nevertheless you can stil manualy host the MOTM - it will still still somehow count to the old rankings which is still there, but there are no awards anymore and I don't think there is any reset anymore …. To be honest, I don't know why it is still there ;-) The actual weeks are still listed, but that is likely just because the automated system still runs in the Background (I think sillysoft just did not deactivate it to have still the possibility to be able to reactivate it once again). But MOTM IS NOT ACTIVE sind the beginning of 2019 any more.

I hope I answered your Questions about MOTM and could give you a very short overview of the history.

Thanks for the informations about your steam tournament. I would enjoy to see further ones in future :-)

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Thank you very much ! :-)

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:36 am

After the second session (16 games played out of 24 now) of our tournament, here are the results :

#1 tied : @Vodspod with 15 points (3 wins)
#1 tied : @Redbeard with 15 points (3 wins)
#1 tied : @Astigi with 15 points (3 wins)
#1 tied : @The Big Bad Wolf (me) with 15 points (3 wins)
#2 tied : @AlienSoul with 10 points (2 wins)
#2 tied : @Protoblob with 10 points (2 wins)

I think we're going to make one last session and I will publish final results here :)

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:17 am

After the third and last session (24 games played out of 24 now) of our tournament, here are the final results :

#1 tied : @Redbeard with 20 points (4 wins)
#1 tied : @Vodspod with 20 points (4 wins)
#1 tied : @AlienSoul with 20 points (4 wins)
#1 tied : @Protoblob with 20 points (4 wins)
#1 tied : @Astigi with 20 points (4 wins)
#1 tied : @The Big Bad Wolf (me) with 20 points (4 wins)

I hope we'll be able to all unlock the Tourney's achievement, I 'm waiting for Dustin's answer :-)

PS : I will keep you inform about the cross-platform's tourney I want to host ;-)

GFips
Lux Moderator
Lux Moderator

Post by GFips » Sat May 09, 2020 8:22 am

Congratulation to the winners from my side!

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Mon May 11, 2020 4:34 pm

lol, everybody tied!

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:51 am

Hi Dustin,

Yes everybody tied because like I said in the first post on this topic :
Will83 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:59 am
Hello moderators,

I'm organizing an online tournament on your Lux Delux game, I find it sad that it's being abandoned and I'm looking to revive interest in the game a bit. I have created a topic on the Steam forum and I would like to ask you to officially recognize the results at the end of this tournament (to unlock the related success for the winner(s)) please. This will motivate a few people to come and play your game.Hoping for a positive response from you! :-)

Actually, I have to be honest with you, this topic on the steam forum is made to save appearances to other players. I've gathered five steam friends around me and we want to unlock some achievements. I'd rather put my cards on the table with you.

I hope that my honesty will pay off and that you will accept my request :-)

I've sent a message to @sillysoft on Steam, he said that it will be okay and he ask me to post here so here I am :-)
So I deliberately put a win at 5 points with no other way to distinguish ourselves so as to favour a result where we would all be winners.

The goal here was to unlock the Steam achievement associated with it.

For the future, if this is close to your heart and as I said before, I can organize a cross-platform tournament.

It has been difficult to find five players on Steam and organize all this, I bring new players to your game and I played cards on tables with you from the start. I think it won't cost you much to unlock this Steam achievement for six people. It will be a lot less effort, time and energy than what I've invested in organizing this tournament I think.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just explaining the difficulties I've encountered and why I think the six of us deserve this achievement. It doesn't cost you anything, I made you win five new people and I intend to organize in the future another cross-platform tournament which will give back a little interest in the game which have (it's a sorry statement but it's the truth) a very low population...

Sincerely Yours,

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:07 am

Hi Dustin,

Can you answer me please? :)

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Recipient: Will83
Because it wasn't hosted by official reps of the game. You admit it was done purely to get the achievement
Sent: Sun May 31, 2020 10:52 am
Recipient: dustin
Good morning,

Thank you for your late response.

If I understand correctly, it must be the "reps" (responsible?) of the game hosting the tournament for this achievement to be validated? I'm asking because it's not specified anywhere so I'm a bit surprised...

The problem being that there are very few or almost no tournaments hosted by reps. On this subject, what are the other reps apart from you?

Yes it's true that I admitted that it was to have the success, I wanted to be honest and play cards on the table with you out of respect with your game that I appreciate.
Your answer suggests that I shouldn't have proceeded this way?

Yours sincerely,

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi, since this wasn't a Sillysoft organized tournament, it doesn't qualify for achievements.

Sorry that we haven't had more tournaments recently. We did have a recent Kill The King tourney that I think you participated in.

Will83
Luxer

Post by Will83 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi,
I admit I'm a little disappointed, but it's your call. No, I didn't take part, I had other commitments at that time unfortunately.
I hope there will be more official tournaments in the future.
Have a good day

Red Beard
Beard of Plenty
Location: on the playground is where i spent most of my days, chillin' all nice and relaxing all cool and

Post by Red Beard » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:49 pm

Oh! I was in a tourney and didn't even know! Will83, thank you for organizing. I support your efforts! This is a fun game, certainly, and it sports players of 15 years in some cases, which is incredible. But it's pretty past it's prime. 10 years ago saw 40 people or more online enen late at night, it was wild! And a lot of fun! But times change and that's just how these things work. I'm glad you've found some enjoyment here and I hope you continue to. I look forward to running into you again a time or two. Peace duder. Cya around hopefully.