Lux Keys creation flawed

Game of universal domination. New dice available free upon request.
obiwan
Luxer

Lux Keys creation flawed

Post by obiwan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:50 am

Lux keys are built only as crypto function on the name. It is not bad that the name is a component of the key, but it is the only one which leads to the fact that no person may own 2 keys (i.e. for a guest pc, for a company internet pc, for a school whatever).

This doesn't keep people from buying six licenses as User1-User6 (if they know it) but I tend to be honest when filling out creditcard forms, it is for me and I am Christoph Schneeberger as well as Microsoft is able to license two Windows OS to me Sillysoft should be so.

I am upset, sitting here with two guests (one cant even play unregistered since I already entered the my duplicate license key [for which I payed twice now]) trying to find out who we could play now.

Tragically we planned to play more than 20 games this afternoon, but since we spent now almost the whole afternoon figuring out how to unregister a Lux copy, we wont have time to play enuff games that it would be worth registering two other copies of the program.

I think Ill ask my money for this duplicated license back. Its just not useable like this.

Christoph Schneeberger

dustin
Lux Creator
Lux Creator

Post by dustin » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:34 pm

I just replied to your email with another code.

obiwan
Luxer

Post by obiwan » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:07 am

Well, at the end we ended up buying another license to a fantasy name.
(Because after figuring out how to unregister a copy of lux, we found that no 2 unregs may be in one game *lol*).

It gave for a nice lux-late-afternoon and I dont bother the money spent for the extra license I have now. I may regard it as support fee for an superb-excellent-quick customer service.
Maybe if i find a place for a spare pc, Ill just donate the license to an 24*7 autoplay host.
I still would like to make my point in saying the license-key creation is not good. But while thinking about it, i realise it might not be too easy to change that. And I have to admit that I am a very special case (probably not only when it comes down to lux license keys *lol*).

So, if ever the key creation system gets reevaluated, pls consider my feedback. Else I think there are much more important issues in this forum than this.

at the end, lux just rocks.

Cheers,
Christoph Schneeberger

wendigo
Lux Newbie

Post by wendigo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:06 am

I had the same issue when buying Lux a second time for a friend of mine. I had to call the credit card company right after completing the purchase to make sure they would let the purchase be since the name was not mine.

A quick solution might just be to separate the card holder field from the user name field in the form and generate the key using this field. I've seen this on many online site when purchasing and it would fix this issue in a pretty efficient manner I would think.

Piz Gloria
Lux Newbie

licsence key

Post by Piz Gloria » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:09 pm

this problem is very known to me as well:
last spring i discovered lux, registred and a couple of games later also for my girlfriend - with my name and creditcard. but thanks to dustin, the problem was solved within a couple of hours.
this weekend, 2 friends and me discoverd the network abilities of lux - and again the same problem...
this time, dustins answer keept longer and we begun imaging him with a cocktail on the beach somewhere in the bahamas, counting every new registration...
but at the end, we recieved a new code and the world two more lux players.